Transitioning with hair falling out!!!!!!!!!!

Baby Girl

I am two months into transitioning and my hair is breaking and falling out like crazy. I have fine, soft and thin hair. What can I do? I purchased the OCT maximizing package, but it has not arrived yet. The relaxer damaged my hair and I am tryign to leave them alone. Any suggestions!

some people just cant wait for a relaxer. maybe your hair needs it. but if you are going to continue with the transition i would start co washing more. and doing a lite protein treatment like a mayonnaise treatment or Joico reconstruct conditioner. i would also do rollersets and or buns and moistur moisture moisture.

I am two months into transitioning and my hair is breaking and falling out like crazy. I have fine, soft and thin hair. What can I do? I purchased the OCT maximizing package, but it has not arrived yet. The relaxer damaged my hair and I am tryign to leave them alone. Any suggestions!

Hey, Baby Girl!

Have you tried upping your moisture level in your hair? A lot of the time teh breakage is due to the hair not getting enoug moisture.

I am about 64 weeks (16 months) into my transition and I have found that if I don't stay on top of my moisture game, my hair suffers. Transistioning hair needs a LOT of moisture to protect the line of demarcation.

Also, are you using a lot of heat? Minimizing heat usage may also be good for your hair if it is breaking off.

I am sorry that you are experiencing this. I hope you are able to find out what you need to curb the damage. :bighug:

Try a DC with an ORS Rep PAK+2 tbsp EVOO under heat for 30 min. That always seems to help me when I start seeing a lot of hairs on the sink...:yep:

i've been transitioning for around 8 months now, and i've had a lot a breakage in the beginning too. I tried protein treatments and henna and deep conditioning and leave-ins and everything... for a while it helped, but the breakage always came back in full swing. i'd brush my hands gently through my hair and i'd have a lot of little broken hairs. If i combed or brushed it, i'd have gobs of the relaxed hair! Soon i started to notice that my relaxed hair was thinning out and was becoming noticable uneven. I've also noticed that my relaxed ends had a lot of splits in them.

sooooo... i've started to do more trims along with all of the other beneficial treatments (deep conditioning, protein, co-washing etc). every other month i trim my hair (sometimes 1 inch, some times 2 or more... grow a little, cut a little). since i've been doing this in Jan, i've seen little to no breakage. So many cuts might not be for everyone if your trying to keep your length, but for me cutting the relaxed ends a little at a time really helped me with my breakage problem while transitioning. Also, shorter, even, healthier hair looked better on me then longer, thinning, uneven hair. At first it was a shock to me to cut it, but i'm used to it now and am happy to grow my hair healthy. i'll still get to my goal... and so will you! :)

Back