Trim wet or dry?

daviine

I want to do a dusting or even a trim--is it best to do this on wet hair or dry hair?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

daviine

ms_kenesha

I like it better on dry hair because I know exactly how much hair is being cut off, with wet hair you might be surprised to see that your 1/2 in. trim is actually 1 in. once it's all said and done.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
I like it better on dry hair because I know exactly how much hair is being cut off, with wet hair you might be surprised to see that your 1/2 in. trim is actually 1 in. once it's all said and done.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.

zanna

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Like Allandra, I agree, I trim my hair when it's dry
Zanna

NAY007

i get my hair trimmed when i blow dried it straight and it's dry. cause then the stylist can see exactly what to cut off.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I'm a dry hair trimming kind of gal

bimbabe

Dry for all the reasons stated above. A hairdresser told me it is better for the hair to trim it wet. A nicer cut for the ends or something? Maybe it was just SHS bs!!!

jellynote

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too!

queenofmean68

I think it really depends on your hair. For example, my stylist prefers to trim my hair when it is dry---on her other clients she trims it wet. According to her it all depends on how your hair "hangs"

Tracy

I like it wet when a stlist does it. I get a more precision cut. When I do it on my own, I like to do it dry. I find my hair slips around in the scissors too much otherwise.