Trimming hair

I trim mine dry, why I dunno I just prefer it to me it gives a "cleaner" line and I like the sound of the scissors on dry hair...does that sound crazy??? /images/graemlins/nuts.gif

Hi alireno,

I trim my hair when it's wet because it's easier for me to do. I would like to trim it when it's dry, but I just don't seem to be able to do it and get a good result. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I trim mine when it is dry. I cannot stand to trim my hair when it is wet, I don't like handling it when wet at all. /images/graemlins/nono.gif I get a CRISPER cut when the hair is completely dry /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gabrielle_union.jpg

I'm seriously considering learning how to trim my own hair. My hairdresser trimmed my hair after she relaxed it. When I went back to her 2 weeks later, which was last week, she trimmed it again. I love to get my hair trimmed, but I swear she didn't have to trim it again 2weeks later, and I couldn't believe how much she trimmed.

I was a little irritated, because to me, she gave me a cut, not a trim!

From now on, she will only trim my hair when I tell her to. Everyone has noticed how healthy my hair is now and how much it has grown. Now, I feel like I'm starting all over again. I'm so heated over this! She is an excellent hair dresser, except she is scissor happy, which I think stems from her wanting everything to look perfect. She tends to go overboard with what she calls trimming. /images/graemlins/nono.gif

I trim my hair when it is dry....I can see my split ends better.....

SherryLove /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
SherryLove said:
I trim my hair when it is dry....I can see my split ends better.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Same here.

gabrielle_union.jpg

Pandora:

I didn't realize she was cutting away until she turned my chair around and started cutting the front. At this point, I figured it didn't make sense to have her stop since she already cut all of the back as she was putting in the rollers. When I had my head bent, that's when I saw the actual hair that she cut and I couldn't believe it! /images/graemlins/angry2.gif

I told her that what she gave was not a trim, but in fact a cut!

I've always told her in the past that I understood that my ends should be trimmed anytime their damaged, so I blame myself for that.

From now on, I will only allow her to trim when I feel that it is necessary.

Wickedness. /images/graemlins/mad.gif I feel for you. I would be livid. Just livid.

And what prey tell was her rational for cutting your hair only TWO WEEKS after she trimmed it?
Did she explain herself?

I am SURE she knows that you are on a mission to GROW your hair long? So why would she cut off your hair and set you back? It does not make sense to me. The part that angers me the most when I hear of these incidents is that these scissor happy hairdressers chop off your hair and forget about it and move on to the next client while you have to go home having had your hair butchered and there is nothing that you can do to get it back except WAIT... for it to grow again.

I agree that you need to tell her that she only trims NOT CUTS when you AUTHORIZE HER TO DO SO. Tell her never to let that happen again.

Keep us posted about your progress marabou1.

gabrielle_union.jpg

I will keep all of you posted.

The only good this is that I noticed that I have more new growth than usual this month. /images/graemlins/blush.gifoo:

Hopefully, this will make up for what I've lost.

Thanks Julia.

i said goodbye to scissor happy hairdressers and started trimming my hair dry a year ago.

Bumping because I will be trimming my own hair *possibly* sometime next month, so trying to read all I can from those who trim themselves.

once my braids are out i will spot trim areas where i see split ends. i will then get my hair touchup and then go and get it trimmed to make sure all is well. the lady who trimmed my hair the last time did it when it was dry. i had never had that happen before and i was so worried it wouldnt come out right but i swear right afterwards my hair instantly felt thicker and there was no breakage. so from now on she is the only one i will allow near my head (besides myself) with scissors.

gotta pick up the goody stainless shears i heard about here to do the spot trims. God bless you all.

I gave myself a trim about 2 weeks ago, and all went well. A little uneven parts in the back, but that can be fixed with my next trim. My goal was to knock off some of those bushy, straggly ends. They looked horrible. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

When I was done, my hair had less snaggles in the comb, and it looked much better too! It even felt better. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

I gave myself the trim while my hair was wet. Next time, I will do it when it's dry, so I'll have a better idea for evening it out. I too, love the fresh, crisp sound of scissors cutting across dry hair! Especially, when I'm the one doing it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif It wasn't hard at all. /images/graemlins/nono.gif

i know my hairdresser trim my hair when it's dry if she's just dusting(taking as little hair as possible so even it off a bit) it. but if she's gonna trim it in layers it's easier for her to do it when it's wet.

Back