Trouble Flat Ironing Crown Area

chelleypie810

My crown is the problem area of my head as far as breakage also. It is a tough and stubborn area at the same time. I'm not sure if it is technique or my flat iron but I cannot get my roots around the crown like the other areas of my head. I make sure I moisturize this area and also use UNA drops. Any tips would be greatly appreciated to conquer this area of my head!! I also use the comb chase method when flat ironing.

LaurenMechelle

My crown is coarser than other areas too - do you relax? You could try relaxing that part first for your next few treatments - that has helped me. Also, the hair there might need a little more heat than the rest of your hair, you could try bumping up a step or two. Hope that helps!

syncerelyhis

I have a similar problem. Hot oil treatments really soften that area up for me.

Also when i flat iron i take the section, comb it out, then clamp the flat iron as close as i can to the scalp and pull the hair in the opposite direction (just at the root) then release, again but pull down and release, again but pull opposite and continue down the strands. Its very quick and just at the roots- up, down, up and down the strands. This is the only way my roots get straight. Hth

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I would just do sections 1/3 of the other areas of your head but I wouldn't turn the heat up because it's already fragile and breaking. Boosting the heat would only make it worse as I would imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Likewise with my crown. If you are relaxed you can relax it first but when it's breaking my advice to you is to minimize as much manipulation as possible. I had and am still recovering from crown breakage and that was a result from doing everything to my crown first and not really caring for it.

When I flat iron, I just run the iron slower over it but don't raise the temp. I also use more protectant in this area.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF