Trying to Come and Know the Lord as my Savior

Vonnieluvs08

Hello ladies,

I am trying to become saved. I didn't really grow up in the church. I went to many churches and many different demoninations (sp?). However anytime they asked who wanted to know the Lord I would be scared to get up and go in front of the church. Sometimes because I thought my friends would laugh, or because I was just scared, and sometimes because I didn't understand what happened after that day and who would help me in this new life with Jesus.

Well I just started going to a new church and I love it!!! In the last week I have gone to several church events and the ppl have been so kind and welcoming. I truly feel as those I am at home when I am at church. I want to join the church as well as be saved.

They aren't like many churches where they make you get up in front of everyone at the end of service. They understand its a personal and private decision for many ppl and they don't want to be put on front street like that. I filled out the little card indicating that I wanted someone to follow up with me about my decision to come and know the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior. I didn't know who to give it to and still didn't feel totally comfortable giving it just any one or to the pastor so I put it in the offering box.

Now I don't know if anyone is going to get it until next week. Esp since I haven't heard back from anyone. In trying to rectify the situation I sent and email to one of the ladies I felt I could trust and explained my situation. I'm hoping this didn't get deleted or put in Junk Mail since she doesn't know me. I am hoping she will email me back soon.

I guess at this point I don't know what to do? I am trying to exercise patience seeing that it has taken me this long to commit to this decision I now have to wait on the Lord to put things in order. I have this fire to come and know the Lord and be apart of his church as well as my new church. I am continuing to pray about and know that it will be worked out for the Lord has chosen me and he will not let me go.

Thank you ladies for listening to my testimony. Thank you Lord for all that you are and do. The Lord is worthy to be Praised. Amen.

mscocoface

Oh Sweetie it is as simple as you asking Him right where you are to come into your heart. Here is something I found that may help you.

Born Again - A Desire

Accepting Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior is what is called, born again. It is a desire that needs to be from the heart with all honesty within ones self. It brings about a peace that can not be explained in word. Yet you will soon experience this and understand fully a joy that is beyond measure, if you will allow Jesus to come into your heart.

Don't worry about all the why's and how's of everything, or try to reason the manner in which it happens; just allow faith to be present, faith that this is true, faith that it does happen. Faith that Jesus will move right in with you and guide your every path. The rest will all follow in line. Once you have accepted Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior you will want to read a little more on the subject of faith.

To be born again is a simple step, and only requires one prayer. A prayer that acknowledges that we are sinners, and that Jesus died for those sins so that we can have not only a far better life here on earth, but eternal life in the presence of God as well. We need to understand what has been sacrificed for us and the importance of what it means. Jesus has made this possible by way of his love, his own bloodshed, with a desire that you might love Him back.

What you have done in the past makes no difference at this point. He loved you before, loves you now, and will continue His love for you. His desire is that none should perish, but all have eternal life. A question you might at some point in your natural life ask yourself is, "if I had a heart attack this very moment and I was to die, would I spend eternity with God, or would I be separated from God?" Rest assured that if you really don't know the answer, you will be separated, which means eternity in an unforgiving hell that burns with torment. How could this ever be the choice of anyone? Think about it.

If you are sincere about wanting to know God, wanting to know that you are saved from an eternal lake of fire, and are sincere about accepting Christ as your personal savior, then you are only one step away from your eternal security. Like I said above, being born again only takes one simple prayer. It is referred to as the sinner's prayer, which incidentally is the only prayer God will listen to from one who is not born again. This is scriptural. Below is that prayer. It will put you on the road to a walk with God, a love that will astound you. A life that will be better than you could have ever imagined and a communication line that is open 24/7 to a Savior who is longing for your acceptance. Just say this prayer with all your heart, mean it with all your heart and you will become saved - born again.

Dear God, I recognize that I am a sinner and I am truly sorry. Please forgive me of my sins. I believe that your son Jesus Christ died for me on the cross. I believe that he is risen from the dead and I accept Him as my personal Lord and Savior. I ask you Jesus to come into my heart right now. I pray and ask this in the Holy name of Jesus, Amen.

^^^^^Ms. Cocoface, you gave some valuable information.:yep:

What a precious, precious lamb you are.

The Great Shepherd and Bishop of your soul loves you more than you will ever know! Continue to learn about HIM by reading HIS Word. Let the Bible saturate your mind.

Here's some things I wanted to share with you:

Repent -
Turn away from sin. (We no longer "practice" sin). When we do stumble, we are not at peace and our hearts ache with dispair because we know that we have hurt and/or offended our FATHER.

The HOLY SPIRIT convicts us, moves us to confession and restores our fellowship.

Believe -
"He that believeth and is baptised shall be saved."

Confess HIS Lordship-
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the LORD JESUS, and shalt believe in thine heart that GOD hath raised HIM from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
WOW! That's a powerful testimony, Vonnieluvs. I agree with both ladies that you can get saved on your own and in private. No altar call needed. God knows the desire of your heart and if you confess and believe you ARE saved. I am glad you found a church where you feel at home. This is essential to growing in the Lord. God bless you!!!

Laela
:rosebud:

momi

Welcome to the family Vonnie.

I am sure someone from your church will reach out to you soon - but it is a good thing you dont even need them to! By the time they call you - they will be able to call you a sister in The Lord!

Please visit this link - it explains the 4 spiritual laws http://www.campuscrusade.com/fourlawseng.htm

I would also suggest you begin to read the gospel of John.

This is so exciting to me! Welcome!!!

Vonnieluvs08

Thank you all ladies. All the information and love has truly been a blessing to me.

I sat in total confusion and this morning trying to figure out what I need to do. I prayed last night that the Lord would help me figure things out and that if I could seek him in my need then I should seek others as well. One of the girls from the church told me to call her tonight and I will seek her out as well.

Thank you for all the support and words of encouragement. All these years I felt alone knowing that I had prayed that prayer in my heart but with no one to support me and with you, my friends, and my new church I know I will not be alone in my walk with Jesus Christ. I no longer feel a heavy burden laden heart as I did this morning.

Thank you God. Thank you Jesus. And Thank all of you beautiful Christian women. Many blessings will come to all of you for you have so blessed me today. Glory be to God. Amen.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Thank you all ladies. All the information and love has truly been a blessing to me.

I sat in total confusion and this morning trying to figure out what I need to do. I prayed last night that the Lord would help me figure things out and that if I could seek him in my need then I should seek others as well. One of the girls from the church told me to call her tonight and I will seek her out as well.

Thank you for all the support and words of encouragement. All these years I felt alone knowing that I had prayed that prayer in my heart but with no one to support me and with you, my friends, and my new church I know I will not be alone in my walk with Jesus Christ. I no longer feel a heavy burden laden heart as I did this morning.

Thank you God. Thank you Jesus. And Thank all of you beautiful Christian women. Many blessings will come to all of you for you have so blessed me today. Glory be to God. Amen.

You have such a 'soft and gentle' spirit. God is rejoicing over you and He has great plans and surprises that He designed just for you.

Don't give up. No matter what don't give up on your faith and your walk with Him. You are going to have 'challenges', but the difference is that you won't have them'alone'. God will always be there right beside you , no matter how it feels or doesn't feel, He is always there.

I remember when I was introduced to Jesus. It was by my best friend who was in my African Dance Class. Of all places, yet God will save 'us' anywhere. She and I are still Best Friends even today and still taking Dance classes together. She taught me so much and was so patient with my million, zillion questions. All we talked about was Jesus and we still do...in class. :lol:

I shared this to let you know that God will give you someone to help you along your Christian journey. A Christian friend who will be with you to the end.

God bless you... :kiss:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Hello ladies,

I am trying to become saved. I didn't really grow up in the church. I went to many churches and many different demoninations (sp?). However anytime they asked who wanted to know the Lord I would be scared to get up and go in front of the church.

Knowing Christ is recognizing who He is, the Messiah of Israel, Savior of the world. Believe on Him. There is no specific ritual. Pick up your cross and follow Him. Pray to Him daily and read His word to continue to develop your relationship with Him. You don't need that congregation to lead you to Christ. The first step is yours...submit to Him.

Mis007

Lord,
You said in your Word, to those that come to Me, I will in no wise cast them out, (John 6:37). You also said in your Word, whosoever calls on the Name of the Lord shall be saved, (Romans 10:13). I call on the Name of the Lord and I believe that Jesus Christ died and was buried and I believe that God raised Him from the dead and I confess Him as Lord of my life.

According to Your Word, I am saved and my name is now recorded in the Lamb’s book of life! Thank You Lord for giving me eternal life! I can call you Abba Father and I call Jesus, my Lord. Thank You Father for accepting me into your family, which is now my family, the family of God.
In Jesus Name, Amen​

HERMOM

VONNIE - WE AR SO HAPPY TO HAVE YOU IN THE BODY OF CHRIST. WE NEED YOU. YOU HAVE SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT ONLY YOU CAN PROVIDE TO YOUR CHRISTIAN BROTHERS AND SISTERS AND THE WORLD. WELCOME. CONTINUE IN THE FAITH.

phynestone

Hurray for Vonnie! :yay: :weird:

I am so happy that you are making this choice. This is one of the most important decisions in your life, but you will not regret. it.

Vonnieluvs08

Well ladies. I got a response about the email I sent and it was a little disappointing. After all the love and help I received from you here I thought she would be just as glad and helpful. Well the email kind of focused on other ppl helping me (the communications pastors will contact me) and what I need to do to meet ppl in the church (attend a church function this friday). I thought after her discussion of women discipleship she would be a little more enthusiatic and helpful. I did appreciate her getting back to me.

Anywho. I've been reading my Bible and praying. I honestly feel good about things despite how the email turned out. I see I was fretting over nothing.

Thank you ladies for you out pouring of love and support. I have many questions but I know they will be answered with time. Many blessings to you all. Have a good evening.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Well ladies. I got a response about the email I sent and it was a little disappointing. After all the love and help I received from you here I thought she would be just as glad and helpful. Well the email kind of focused on other ppl helping me (the communications pastors will contact me) and what I need to do to meet ppl in the church (attend a church function this friday).

I thought after her discussion of women discipleship she would be a little more enthusiatic and helpful. I did appreciate her getting back to me.

Anywho. I've been reading my Bible and praying. I honestly feel good about things despite how the email turned out. I see I was fretting over nothing.

Thank you ladies for you out pouring of love and support. I have many questions but I know they will be answered with time. Many blessings to you all. Have a good evening.
:kiss: Vonnie, please don't let this discourage you. With all of my heart, please, please, please do not allow what people do or don't do discourage you.

satan is mad as 'hell' because he has 'lost' you as one of his candidates. And he is going to sling every arrow, dart, sling, and hammer at you to try and make you feel that you'd be better off, not Saved, not in Church, not in fellowship with other Christians and here's the biggie.... to get you to distrust "Church People".

Vonnie... 'ignore' him. Do not allow this to make you sad or even shed a moment of doubt or a tear.

Can I share this? Many times we may expect a certain reaction or certain behaviour from other persons, whether they are in Christ or not; but 'God" has already told us to trust HIM and not man to be faithful and constant in the flow of being reliable. Humans are humans and like the weather, we 'change' with the cares of our lives, daily pressures, daily demands, and just 'life' period.

God has a perfect 'match' to Mentor you and no one else will be able to take your Mentor's place. Also God wants to have 'Father' time with you. Just you and Him, one on one, spending time, the two of you getting to know one another. He may know all there is about you, but He wants you to know, all about Him and just how much He loves you. For to Him, you will always be like no one else in this world. You are just that special to Him and you always will be.

:bighug: Blessings Vonnie. You are such a beautiful gift to God's heart. :yep:

Laela

Hi, Vonnie,

I'll share with you what my mom used to tell us kids: Every disappointment is a blessing.

Stay encouraged, keep the faith because God will always be around for you. Your attitude will take you far in the ministry.

God bless!

Well ladies. I got a response about the email I sent and it was a little disappointing. After all the love and help I received from you here I thought she would be just as glad and helpful. Well the email kind of focused on other ppl helping me (the communications pastors will contact me) and what I need to do to meet ppl in the church (attend a church function this friday). I thought after her discussion of women discipleship she would be a little more enthusiatic and helpful. I did appreciate her getting back to me.

Vonnieluvs08

Hello Ladies,

I just wanted to share a very special update with you all. First I want to thank you all for your support it has been very good for me.

Secondly- I was baptized this past Sunday!!! I am still very excited about it. Unfortunately I have been working all weekend and very tired so I don't think it has fully sunk in and I have been able to totally appreciate it.

It was a truly fulfilling experience. It was great to show an outward sign of an internal feeling. To know that I want to walk in Christ and profess it in front of my entire church. I was nervous just because I was tired and thought I was going to fall backwards as well as being nervous. It was truly a blessing to my heart and my spirit. As I sit here and write this I can just feel the joy of this momentous occasion moving through me. We were (the 14 others) the first to be baptized at our church so it was very meaningful in that respect as well.

I start my community classes this week and will be a full member of the church in about 2months. I am still looking to the Lord to send me a "mentor" but for now I have been reading on my own and plan to buy a study bible to help me fully understand the Gospel. I've always enjoyed reading Psalms when I am down trodden and confused since they always bring clarity and peace to me, and have taken a break from reading the Bible straight through at this point.

I am also excited because my birthday is wednesday and the Lord has allowed me to experience 27yrs of life. And I am truly blessed to experience this time with family, friends, and to have accomplished the goals that I set forth and that they have fallen in line with God's plan for me (tho it has been a journey).

Have a blessed week, Ladies.

Laela

Wow.. you have a lot going on this week.

Well, CONGRATULATIONS on your Baptism... :dance7: Gods' blessings to you as you continue your walk with Him.

I also wish you an early HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! You are truly blessed!

Have a great week as well. :yep: