Tu tiene pelo malo

zora

A domincan lady told me this today. Oooh, I was heated!!!!!!! I really think I had smoke coming out of my ears. I told her off as best as I could in spanish:p

Anyway, I told her 'Tu tiene pelo malo' and 'Tu tiene el mismo pelo como yo'

I got up from the chair and had this black american chick do my hair instead.

This all came about because I have 'new growth' and this dominican was heavy handed as I don't know what and I told her to slow down.

Baltimore ladies, Don't go to Manuellas!!!!! There are plenty other salons in the area.

Anyway, one of the other ladies tried to smooth it over by saying 'tu tiene pelo malo' just means you need a relaxer. Whateva.

zora

BTW, the translation is 'You have bad hair'.

I'm going to learn spanish to I can curse these heffas out properly.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

LOL, she probably thought you wouldn't understand her. Good thing you knew enough to put her in her place, lol. I know they were shocked, :lol: .

Caramela

Oh no she didn't! I knew by the topic title what it meant. But that was uncalled for.
I was considering Manuella's too, but that's ok. I'll pass.

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
LMAO!!:lachen:

What was that chick's reaction? Her facial look must've been priceless--most likely, she didn't expect you to understand her....

zora said:

locabouthair

zora said:

:lol: sorry that u went through that. sadly people still think of good hair and bad hair. :ohwell:

zora

bklynwildheart said:
LMAO!!:lachen:

What was that chick's reaction? Her facial look must've been priceless--most likely, she didn't expect you to understand her....
My girl was stuttering, especially when I talked back to her.:lol: I know they were talking crap about me once I went under the dryer, but after I came out....silence:lachen:

But for real though, I want to see they pay for this. They messed with the wrong chica con pelo malo, cuz I'm about to shut them down.

Last edited:

sassyhair

I have had a bad experience there too...they skipped rolling me up and just blow-dried my hair because she said it will get my hair str8ter...i didnt ask for that, I wanted some curl to my darn hair. I sat with wet hair until they got to me, the worst experience ever worse than at any black salon.

Caramela

:look: Matter of fact... what was your stylists name and what was their phone number?
I'm serious.
I say each of us call and make an appointment but then call back a few days later to cancel.

:phone: "Yeah, cancel my appointment. I heard Rosita said my homegirl had pelo malo and that's not cool" ... click
I'm not joking, I want names and numbers :look:

sassyhair

good idea caramela but they dont take appts you have to come in and take a number, they have a tab of numbers on the door b4 they open and ppl be lined up before the doors open the number be taken all the way up to 30.

LaNecia

Dang, that's too bad, cause I would've called and I barely know where Baltimore is on a map! :lol:

Seriously, that would have had me steaming...I know just enough to have understood that too. :mad:

Love your response though! ;)

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
Good for you. Just make sure when you shut them down, you come here to tell us all about it!

*damn, I'm nozy... :lol:

zora said:
My girl was stuttering, especially when I talked back to her.:lol: I know they were talking crap about me once I went under the dryer, but after I came out....silence:lachen:

But for real though, I want to see they pay for this. They messed with the wrong chica con pelo malo, cuz I'm about to shut them down.

zora

Caramela said:
:look: Matter of fact... what was your stylists name and what was their phone number?
I'm serious.
I say each of us call and make an appointment but then call back a few days later to cancel.

:phone: "Yeah, cancel my appointment. I heard Rosita said my homegirl had pelo malo and that's not cool" ... click
I really wish that mattered. All they do is take in walk-ins, so we wouldn't be missed.

However, you can call to say that based on this incident (the lady's name is Nana) that you will never come back to the salon.

Thanks for the support! Getting the phone number.

bluebearfanatic

that's terrible...i had an experience similar to that one when I decided I was going natural. I hadn't put perm for 5 months and the dominican who USED to do my hair..(keyword "USED") said something like that to me and was like you need a perm today you have to get one and she and the other stylist were so insistent about that I vowed NEVER to do there again...one year later I have yet to step into that salon. That stuff pisses me off!

zora

Ok, LHCF ladies.

It don't matter whether you're from Baltimore or not (they a'int got caller id). Call this number 410-319-9226

Ask for someone who speaks english and let them know that you will not support their salon because the Nana (who doesn't speak english) pelo malo incident.

I'm working on some other stuff. While I was driving I missed my street twice because I planning their demise in my head.:lol:

Harry

zora said:

Good for you. They'll watch what they say now. A stylist made the mistake and said the same thing to me (in English) a few years ago. I walked out and never looked back.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
No she didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I went to get my hair done on Saturday and the lady doing it wanted to put her slop in my hair. I do NOT use any products except for those that are in my bag. I have a trained nose and can smell petrolatum and mineral oil from a mile away! :sekret: :sekret: She had this look on her face like my hair would not make it if I did not accept the slop. Tsk!

I get in the chair and she tells me I really need a relaxer ASAP! I smiled and told her, when I feel the time is right I will do just that.

I am happy you gave a her a piece of your mind.

Lucia

zora said:
A domincan lady told me this today. Oooh, I was heated!!!!!!! I really think I had smoke coming out of my ears. I told her off as best as I could in spanish:p

This all came about because I have 'new growth' and this dominican was heavy handed as I don't know what and I told her to slow down.

Baltimore ladies, Don't go to Manuellas!!!!! There are plenty other salons in the area.

Anyway, one of the other ladies tried to smooth it over by saying 'tu tiene pelo malo' just means you need a relaxer. Whateva.

That's rude, but alot of sytylists are.
Well she was wrong for that, but you did give her some of her own medicine you answered her right on, good for you...
and NO tu tiene pelo malo means litterally you have bad hair that doesn't get lost in translation.
G rated: tu madre/padre, or tu abuela/abuelo -that's just an answer to any insult someone says, it=your mamma/pappa, or your grandma/grandpa
if you want the adult versions PM me.

Last edited:

Lucia

Caramela said:
I'm serious.

that's a plan if they take appt's
Heck I feel like calling this stylist chick and straightening her and her pelo malo out over the phone in Spanish. AHTTN believe me I talk to her pelo malo won't even be in her vocab anymore

JamericanGurl

zora said:
Ok, LHCF ladies.

It don't matter whether you're from Baltimore or not (they a'int got caller id). Call this number 410-319-9226

Ask for someone who speaks english and let them know that you will not support their salon because the Nana (who doesn't speak english) pelo malo incident.

I'm working on some other stuff. While I was driving I missed my street twice because I planning their demise in my head.:lol:
I been cranking them since you posted this!:lol:
Mujer malvada:mad:

punchinella

zora said:

I'm glad you stood your ground, and got right up out of her chair. She probably didn't expect that or the Spanish reply. :eek: :confused: :eek:

:lachen: Then she probably went in the back and threw some perm on her pelo malo. :lachen:

zora

punchinella said:
I'm glad you stood your ground, and got right up out of her chair. She probably didn't expect that or the Spanish reply. :eek: :confused: :eek:

:lachen: Then she probably went in the back and threw some perm on her pelo malo. :lachen:
Guuurll, I was about to tell her that she uses a relaxer just like the rest of us, but I couldn't get the translation right in my head, so I just repeated that she's the one with bad hair.:lol:

Angelicus

Yea I have heard that a lot of times... I didn't even get mad because they had the same hair type as I did.

But don't go off on people calling them "punta madre" and stuff, ok Zora?