Tutorial: How to create doughnut bun w/o breakage

smoothie696

Tutorial how to create a doughnut bun with little to no breakage

I know a lot of people have been looking for a protective style and many complain that the doughnut causes them breakage. I have made a youtube video on how I make a doughnut bun and experience absolutely no breakage. It works on all lengths of hair. If you can make a phony tail you can do this bun.

Hope this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyx6fMxejkI&feature=user

Lexib

This is great - thanks a lot! :yep: One question though, how do you make the donut ring from socks? Do you sew them together or something?

smoothie696

I just cut the bottom off where the toes would go and then I roll the sock down into a circle/ring and I keep adding socks on top of the previous sock until I get my desired thickness.

Lady Esquire

This is great - thanks a lot! :yep: One question though, how do you make the donut ring from socks? Do you sew them together or something?

SistaSlick has a fotki tutorial on how to make a donut bun out of socks.

OP, great video. Nice touch with the chopsticks. :yep:

wheezy807

Good tutorial! After seeing your video i decided to do a bun today for work. Sorry, no pics. It came out kinda lopsided but it's cute. Thanks!

ayoung

I like it!

Never thought of using the donut ring itself as the 'ponytail holder' or using a hair net to keep it looking nice w/o flyaways!!

Very nice, thanks for the video!:grin:

lala3

you can also take stockings and wrap it over the sock to make it more protective..i always use 1-2 scrunchies instead of a sock bun :grin:

Lexib

I just cut the bottom off where the toes would go and then I roll the sock down into a circle/ring and I keep adding socks on top of the previous sock until I get my desired thickness.

ahh k, gotcha ;). Thanks for the video tip Lady Esq.!

Simply_Kelz

This is such a good video. I ride the slow bus sometimes, and just could not for the life of me figure out how to do it without killing my ends.

smoothie696

This is such a good video. I ride the slow bus sometimes, and just could not for the life of me figure out how to do it without killing my ends.

Lol, I was the same way. It was an accident I figured how to do it this way. I use to kill the middle of my head and my ends before.

Lavendar

Very nicely done! I wore a donut bun practically nonstop from the time I could finally fit one until about a year and a half later. Great for protecting and growth! Love it!

napgurl

Tutorial how to create a doughnut bun with little to no breakage

I know a lot of people have been looking for a protective style and many complain that the doughnut causes them breakage. I have made a youtube video on how I make a doughnut bun and experience absolutely no breakage. It works on all lengths of hair. If you can make a phony tail you can do this bun.

Hope this helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyx6fMxejkI&feature=userhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyx6fMxejkI&feature=userhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyx6fMxejkI&feature=user

Great video smoothie . . . quick and to the point.

robot.

still don't get it.

what if you're hair is longer than in the video? are you just tucking your ends in under the black hair band? would that cause stress on the ends?

smoothie696

If your hair is longer then make the doughnut ring bigger. I keep changing the size of my doughnut depending on the length of my hair. I do not tuck my hair under the black bang, I jus hid it underneath the bun. My ends are never under the band.

Hope this helps

robot.

i'm gonna need to try this out and then ask questions. :grin:

right now, i'm just thinking, "HOW'D SHE DO THAT (with her ends)?!" with the net thinger on and the band around it.

SpiritJunkie

This video is GERAT!! I am now shoulder lenght and need something good to retain my growth past shoulders. I don't want to wear wigs right now si this is PERFECT!!

thank ya!