Bunning w/o Breakage?

LovelyPiratess

After I peacock fan the hair (if your hair was numbers on a clock, you would have hair pointing in all directions to mimic the numbers found on a clock) to get my hair ready to bun. After the hair is positioned in a peacock fan, I then swirl the hair around in a cinnamon bun manner until all hair is in a bun. Put on a hair net, then pin the hair down. I don't tuck my ends under any type of pony makers.

Were you able to check out the yt vid located within the blog?

Here's a few others for a visual. They differ slightly but gives you a visual of somewhat how my swirl goes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oO-lFiuOpak
http://www.hairliciousinc.com/2008/10/youtube-alert-my-bun.html

divachyk, Thank you sooo much for those videos! I was confused as well but I totally get what you're saying.

winona

I bun w/o breakage!

I just make a ponytail with hair ball, twist the excess hair and wrap it around the ball then wrap schrunchie around hair.. Leave it like that for a week, when my hair is dry I take down the excess hair moisturize then twist the hair back up.

Sounds interesting do you have a link to what you are describing:):grin:

ajoke

I am going to try bunning for the next few months. Today was the first time I actually took time to wath a video on how to make a southern tease bun. It seems doable on my natural hair. I'll leave twisted/ twist out bangs out at the front though, because my edges are fragile. Let's see how far that gets me.

AJellyCake

My hair usually doesn't like buns either. Bunning makes my ends look crispy.

But actually, this week I've bunned so far every single day (out of laziness :look:), and my ends look and feel great. The only difference (besides the daily bunning) has baggying my hair every night. I wanted to try baggying because I have lo-po hair. Now I see that it's letting me bun without getting crispy ends.

HTH.

I'm going to try some of the buns suggested here and see what my ends think!