----- TWA: BOOT CAMP Edition! ----

robot.

I BCD Dec. 9. I am trying to learn how to protective style because I live in Long Island. It's cold in the winter.

You and me, both. PSing is hard with a twa. Honestly, I have not a single clue or suggestion as to what to do. :sad: I'm sorry! Maybe we can figure out something together! :lol:

You could do comb coils, at least. :yep:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I just did my first real decent set of 2 strand twists. It took me all day, but I did them. I watched you tube vids all day and learned how to get them to look good. I did a lot of small sections and tied them off. Then I twisted each section slowly. I needed to part the hair for it to look decent.:rolleyes: Hopefully that will change as my hair gets longer or my twist skills get better.:look:

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
this is the curse of a twa. :lol:

are you willing to purchase online? i could recommend you a few products that i like. but if you're looking for drugstore, i know a lot of ladies love the taliah waajid hair bodifying mist. it's thick, so they usuallly dilute it with water in a spray bottle. it smells really good and i'm pretty sure it's all natural. :yep:

I don't mind purchasing online at all and what is this Taliah Waajid you speak of? I'm off to research a mist that's moisturizing...on to Google!:grin:

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
I want to try the mist but her shipping is outrageous! I'm tracking down a mate in ATL and having her buy it direct for me...thanks for the recommendation

Sent from my Eris using Long Hair Care Forum App

SignatureBeauty

Awwwwwwww!! is it too late for me to Join In? when does the challenge start & end? I just joined the Bootcamp Challenge, but this will fit right on in, I have been Natural off and on since 2003 and have yet to grow my hair out, but this time I am ready to, I have a fotki, which is nothing special, it is just to keep up with the growth during the Bootcamp, I have about 3 inches of hair (i think) I don't do nothing fancy, just wash once a week after I apply Brahm & Alma Oil, or either Vatika Oil overnight, then use my indian shampoo bar and condition with NeXxus Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner, apply my Nexxus Leave In & Apply S-Curl.

My hair don't like Shea Butter at all! Right Now I am Wigging it, but in March I am going for Freestyle Braids to keep me from getting frustrated and keep my hands out my hair LOL!

robot.

I want to try the mist but her shipping is outrageous! I'm tracking down a mate in ATL and having her buy it direct for me...thanks for the recommendation

I've seen them at CVS, Target, and a lot of beauty supply stores. I would look around! I'm in MD, but I hear the products are very easily accessible! I'm sure you can find them. :yep:
Awwwwwwww!! is it too late for me to Join In? when does the challenge start & end? I just joined the Bootcamp Challenge, but this will fit right on in, I have been Natural off and on since 2003 and have yet to grow my hair out, but this time I am ready to, I have a fotki, which is nothing special, it is just to keep up with the growth during the Bootcamp, I have about 3 inches of hair (i think) I don't do nothing fancy, just wash once a week after I apply Brahm & Alma Oil, or either Vatika Oil overnight, then use my indian shampoo bar and condition with NeXxus Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner, apply my Nexxus Leave In & Apply S-Curl.

My hair don't like Shea Butter at all! Right Now I am Wigging it, but in March I am going for Freestyle Braids to keep me from getting frustrated and keep my hands out my hair LOL!
Hey girl! Welcome! It's never too late. :yep: It's not really a challenge - just a thread for us to get together and talk, share, encourage, etc.

March, I think I would like to go into braids too! I had them once before my second BC, and I love the low maintenance. By March I should have enough growth to get more. :yep:

theeREALmccoy

Hey ladies! How's everybody's holidays been?? I went on a 9 day cruise and had SO MUCH FUN!!! :spinning:

Hope yall are having a blast where ever you are! :yep::yep:

MissCurlyQ

Hey chicas !!!! Just wanted to stop in and tell everyone that I did my BC yesterday and I am in LOVE : ) Pics coming soon.....

robot.

Hey ladies! How's everybody's holidays been?? I went on a 9 day cruise and had SO MUCH FUN!!! :spinning:

Hope yall are having a blast where ever you are! :yep::yep:
Thanks, sis! I hope you had a happy and safe holiday!

I did my first twistout and it was so cute! It looked better the older it got. I'll upload the pics tomorrow. :yep:
Hey chicas !!!! Just wanted to stop in and tell everyone that I did my BC yesterday and I am in LOVE : ) Pics coming soon.....
WONDERFUL! :grin: I can't wait to see pictures, I know you look beautiful!
robot, your siggy is KILLIN ME! lol...have you heard fried or fertilized?!
YES GIRL! I love all their songs! I even know all the little dances. :nono:
:lachen:

robot.

welp, a stylist went and butchered my hair. :lol: i had plans all worked out for my hair. i went to go get my color cut out so i could get braids and now i have less than an inch of hair!

i was really upset when it happened, but i'm over it. :yep: i loved my hair at this length and it will always grow back. headbands and earrings set off this length just right, so oh well! i went from 3-4 inches of hair and now i have less than one!

i'll be upping my water intake and vitamins because my skin isn't amazing and your face is always first with short hair. and i need to get rid of a few bottles of vits.

i will be cutting my hair from now on. i'll work on a blog post about this. sigh. :lol:

theeREALmccoy

Grrrrrr @ the SHS!! I haven't trimmed my hair since my BC in August...so I know i'm well overdue but I just can't bring myself to have anyone near my hair with scissors.....I'm terrified!!

Had a virus on my laptop so I lost EVERYTHING!!! including all my hair progress pictures...:cry2: But at least my laptop is back up and running now!!!

P.S. MissCurlyQ, where are those pics??! :look:

theeREALmccoy

HAIR UPDATE!

I'm five months post BC...hair candy anyone? :spinning:

I've been claiming 4a..what do you guys think?

cartelise

I tried to dye my hair honey blonde but it came out a brassy orange color. The ultimate fail. Going to the salon to get this corrected tomorrow. Uhg.

robot.

HAIR UPDATE!

Your hair is gorgeous girl! Your reggie is clearly working for you. :yep: Your curls are shiny and thick.

I would say 3c/4a. I don't really bother with "typing," because one 4a can look completely different from another!
I tried to dye my hair honey blonde but it came out a brassy orange color. The ultimate fail. Going to the salon to get this corrected tomorrow. Uhg.
This is the same. exact. thing. that happened to me! :lol:

Don't worry, once the salon gets to you, you'll be fine. I tried a box color and it wouldn't go blonde early - I got a coppery yellow-orange. :perplexed I went to the salon the day after and she had to bleach me again before depositing. So make sure you up your deep conditioning!

robot.

Grrrrrr @ the SHS!! I haven't trimmed my hair since my BC in August...so I know i'm well overdue but I just can't bring myself to have anyone near my hair with scissors.....I'm terrified!!

Had a virus on my laptop so I lost EVERYTHING!!! including all my hair progress pictures...:cry2: But at least my laptop is back up and running now!!!

P.S. MissCurlyQ, where are those pics??! :look:

I know, girl, I know. :nono: I learned my lesson and I'm getting braids sometime this week to tuck my hair away, before I do even more damage to it.

I'm going to try trimming my own hair too. It doesn't look too hard and there are youtube tutorials. I would try it, if I were you!

And that really sucks about your laptop! I'm sorry! I would hate for that to happen to me.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
HAIR UPDATE!

Beautiful curls!

Okay a little update from me: I think I have 1"-3" of hair all around; the parts I shaved are finally coming in and the top is nice and big. But I'm hating my texture and I hate myself for hating my texture. I can't even put a type to it: its curly-frizzy-kinky. But mostly frizzy...LOTS of frizz. I've been having this problem since I BC'd but its getting worse and worse and I'm frustrated. As far as my actual hair type? I went from 3c/4a to straight 4a to now 4b with some 4a in the front...I think?

Anyways, the point is I'm going into a year-long braids/twists stint so I don't go crazy and rip all of my hair out

So...how are you lot?

Okay, I ETA with pics because I like pics, this is my hair, fully dried with no product as of today, four months and 12 days since my BC...it's growing really slow...

Don't ask why I'm kissing the wall like that....lol

My hair's natural "sheen"...lol it always comes out like that in my little pink bathroom

And the back, which I'm pretty convinced is 4b with maybe a little 4a mixed in there at the edges...The shrinkage is out of this world!

Last edited:

robot.

Beautiful curls!

Okay a little update from me: I think I have 1"-3" of hair all around; the parts I shaved are finally coming in and the top is nice and big. But I'm hating my texture and I hate myself for hating my texture. I can't even put a type to it: its curly-frizzy-kinky. But mostly frizzy...LOTS of frizz. I've been having this problem since I BC'd but its getting worse and worse and I'm frustrated. As far as my actual hair type? I went from 3c/4a to straight 4a to now 4b with some 4a in the front...I think?

Anyways, the point is I'm going into a year-long braids/twists stint so I don't go crazy and rip all of my hair out

So...how are you lot?

I think the longer your hair grows, the more you will begin to see your texture. When I first chopped, I had no curls whatsoever. Just frizz - everywhere. Not a coil or a spring, just dry kink. Same when I grew out my fade.

How are you moisturizing? The more moisture I keep in my strands, the better they behave. :yep: Dry hair doesn't curl as nicely as moisturized hair.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
I think the longer your hair grows, the more you will begin to see your texture. When I first chopped, I had no curls whatsoever. Just frizz - everywhere. Not a coil or a spring, just dry kink. Same when I grew out my fade.

How are you moisturizing? The more moisture I keep in my strands, the better they behave. :yep: Dry hair doesn't curl as nicely as moisturized hair.

That's what I mean, when my hair was short, it curled so nicely with some frizz, but now it's frizz with some curl (lol) IDK, I prob do need to up my moisture this winter...I've been using aloe/condish/evoo/water in a spray bottle sealed with vaseline under a wig and it hasn't been feeling dry, it feels fine.

theeREALmccoy

YAY for the resurrection of this post! :look:

& thanks for the comments about my hair! but I was cheating a bit...was deep conditioning my hair when I snapped the picture!:lol:

itsjusthair, your hair is so thick!! Its pretty! Maybe the products you're using aren't doing it for your hair...perhaps try something new for the next few weeks?? I know when I first did my big chop, my hair was kinda the same. lots of frizz!! not much curl definiton at all. And still sometimes I have issues lol. But when my hair does decide to act right, these curls be a-poppin! :spinning:

I think i've finally perfected my wash & go! (six months after the big chop :rolleyes:)

theeREALmccoy

thanks! :grin: The way I used to do my W&G was to cowash & then put in my products (a leave in & a gel to define)...but as you guys know, FRIZZ is the problem with that method...this technique eliminates almost all frizz!

One of the natural hair blogs I follow suggested the method as a tip:

• In the shower, co-wash as usual. I actually had DC'd the night before, so I just rinsed it out.
  • Apply your leave in. I used HE LTR cuz I love the smell!!!
  • Apply your gel to define your curls. I'm a bad child, so i'm still using my curl activator with glycerin :lol: lol...
  • Here's the difference: while still in the shower, turn the water a bit cold & do a light rinse. This will get out the excess product, seal the moisture in, AND GET RID OF THE FRIZZ!!! :yep:

Here's the blog post: The Ice Queen Method

robot you will prolly like her blog bc she colors her hair also! i think at the moment she's pink!

Last edited: