TWA to MBL in 3 years, *pics*

LadyPaniolo

Wow it hasn't even been a year since you posted this and you had SOOO much growth! Great job!

Thanks!

I don't feel like it was so much growth :ohwell: but I'm happy for what I do have. I'm in dire need of a search and destroy mission but I just do not have the time. Maybe at Christmas time I'll do one.

Caramel Jewel

beautiful....you are like my inspiration...

now if I could keep my hands out of my hair I'd be more confident about my hair....

LadyPaniolo

I just went back to look at the pics again... I have really lost weight. Man. It's crazy because I look so fat in those pics from last year, but I didn't feel at the time that I looked as big as I actually did. I was in like a 24/26 :shocked: Now I'm in a size 10. I still have a bit to lose, but man oh man am I slimmer than before.

aa9746

I just went back to look at the pics again... I have really lost weight. Man. It's crazy because I look so fat in those pics from last year, but I didn't feel at the time that I looked as big as I actually did. I was in like a 24/26 :shocked: Now I'm in a size 10. I still have a bit to lose, but man oh man am I slimmer than before.

24/26???? Wow, what did you do to get down to a size 10?

LadyPaniolo

24/26???? Wow, what did you do to get down to a size 10?

It's hard to notice just from the pics, huh? I think that's because my body's shape pretty much stays the same no matter what size I am. It's a blessing and a curse.

I lost this weight because of my 3rd child. I had high blood sugar (gestational diabetes). I knew that I needed to work out in order to keep my blood sugar low, so I did exercises for 30-60 minutes per day. I was put on a low carb diet by my OB. The weight simply FELL off. I was able to reduce and eventually eliminate the medication they had put me on for diabetes (glyburide) even before the baby was born. I stayed on the same diet after she was born, it's a habit to eat this way now. I haven't been able to exercise as much, but I still do. I'm breastfeeding. That's all. Nothing fantastic or strange lol.

aa9746

I didn't mean it that way, i've been trying to lose weight for over a year but it's coming off slowly. i'll be happy if i can get to a size 12. Nice job, keep it up!

gabbywicks

[/QUOTE]

ikr!!!! You have progressed wonderfully!!! you ARE workin it girl:) Sooooooo inspiring!!

aa9746

My goodness, I forgot to mention that I started taking Biotin with a B-complex vitamin during the second year. I don't know how much of a difference that made. I tried to really protect my hair 24/7... but after I texlaxed I had increased problems with splits that made me do multiple trims. Plus I hacked off a couple of inches on my first nappiversary.

I don't think my hair grows faster than anyone elses... I think I've just been :armyhat: about protective styling. My own family hadn't seen my hair out in YEARS.

Do you still texlax and how often do you use direct heat? tia

g.lo

:dance7: congrats and the baby is sooooooooooo muncheable:grin:

I did the BC in late August of 2006. My relaxed hair was between shoulder and APL at that time, and I cut it down to a TWA. Here is a pic from a few months after that, around Christmas.

The other pic is my flat ironed hair on Christmas this year. I'm not sure if it's MBL or if it's WL... My waist is hard to see as clearly in the pic, as I'm going on 6 months preggo. Either way, it's pretty long :lol:

My goal length is classic length. I don't know if I'll make it or not... but I'll get as close as I can.

And yes, I know, I'm fat. No need to tell me about it. I'm working on it. :ohwell:

I hadn't shown my real hair to my family in years. It was fun hearing the comments. My fave: "Hey, you have hair! And it's actually REALLLLLY LONG!"

LadyPaniolo

Do you still texlax and how often do you use direct heat? tia

Thanks ladies for your supportive comments :)

No, I don't texlax anymore. I did it once, and I regret it to the bones. I will NEVER use chemicals again.

I rarely use direct heat. Right now I do have my hair flat ironed straight, which is fun :D At the Easter Egg Hunt yesterday the breeze blew my hair all around and I was like :grin::grin::grin:

You can see my most recent hair update :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUiBneQVI9M

LadyPaniolo

Thank you! I feel like it grows soooo slowly :timer: because I didnt get much growth since last length check :cry3: but overall I'm happy with my hair :yep: