Twist Stretchers

Brownshugaz

For those of you who wear your twists for more than a week, how do you take care of them? Do you moisturize? Do you wash it? Do you redo the edges? I've been attempting to keep my twists in for longer than a week but it's harder than I thought. My scalp is itchy and dry. Any tips?

so1913

Brownshugaz said:
For those of you who wear your twists for more than a week, how do you take care of them? Do you moisturize? Do you wash it? Do you redo the edges? I've been attempting to keep my twists in for longer than a week but it's harder than I thought. My scalp is itchy and dry. Any tips?

Sorry, I'm in the same boat as you...

I don't know how people do it :-(

ayoung

For mine to keep looking decent (I always wear mine at least 2 weeks) I do them medium to small sized.

I just rub shea butter or oils on them everyday and tie my head w/ a satin scarf at night. If my scalp is tight/dry I just make sure to get the shea/oils to my scalp.

Sometimes i spritz them--but when i do I don't do alot of rubbing of them and stuff or they get fuzzy.

I don't wash or rinse mine.

Sometimes though--I have to change my style as time goes. Ex. i start out wearing them down, then the next week i may wear them in a bun or some kinda way where they are 'put up'

loonatick

sorry i cant do it either, after a week maximum i wear a twistout so i can get to my scalp without worrying about mesing up the 'do.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Right now, my twists have been in for 5 days so far. I'm hoping that they'll last at most 4 weeks but at least 2 weeks.

So far, they are looking fine. I spray oil sheen on my hair almost daily, and at night I just wear it out - no scarf, no bonnet - because they smash my twists and make some shrink up.

And the best thing to do is to NOT rinse your twists.

HTH!

hopeg80

I usually wear my twist for about 2-3 weeks. I try to make my twist medium to small sized. While twisting I also apply some type of grease or oil to my scalp to minimize dryness and twist the hair with shea butter. I usually spritz with a mixture of rosewater,oils and water and wear a silk bonnet to bed. I know that really didn't help, but that's what I do.