Two GREAT TIPS

NayNay

(Thanks to CurlyCrly)
weird.gif

and reading the curly books I have learned 2 great tips. One is related to rinsing. Instead of rinsing with water I spray my hair with a heavy glycerin and water mixture. I think I use about 1 or 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin to distilled water. THis helps keep the hair moisturized. Also applying a little bit of conditioner to the hair (especially the ends) has kept my hair (especially the ends) looking GREAT!

Thanks CurlyCrlyl!!!!!
grin.gif

YAY! I had a good tip!

NayNay, how much water are you using?
Have you tried adding the conditioner to your spray bottle?

I was using distilled water last summer, but got lazy.
I've also made a tea with herbs that are good for hair and used that in my spray bottle instead of regular water. I have to make sure that I use it quickly though because I worry about "things" growing in it.

Curly

I started off with 2 tablespoons (like u recommended) to 1 cup water of glycerin but I kept adding more glycerin. I can feel the glycerin on my hair when I spray it but it dries pretty quickly.

I have mixed distilled water with conditioner and it was ok, but I like putting it on my hair when it is soaking wet much better. It really smooths down my hair. I touch up the ends with conditioner maybe once during the week or if I think my ends look bad.

What type of tea do u make? U know I want to know! LOL!!!!

soslychic

I mist my hair and it is damp-not soaking wet. I wear my hair straight with curls on the ends (doobie) so I let it airdry then put it in a ponytail after it dries 100%. My hair is so thick that I cannot rinse it during the week it takes too long to dry so this is a GREAT alternative!
wink.gif

NayNay, I use lavendar flowers, comfrey (leaf and root), burdock root, calendula, ginger root, and chamomile. I put them in one of those little mesh balls and brew.

soslychic, I usually spray until either just damp or very wet, but not dripping. It doesn't mess up my style because I wear it curly.

Back