Two-Strand Twist n Curl, Short Natural Hair (Pics)

MsJellie

Hey everyone. I know this style isn't "new" but, it's new for me! I like this as a cute protective style for my short (4-5 inches all around) natural hair (6 months since BC). I even think this is something that relaxed and natural head can do.

All I did was put in two strand twists and roll them up on small perm rods. I did it while wet, using diluted setting lotion.

Just wanted to share and perhaps give others an idea of what this can look like on short hair! Let me know if you have questions or suggestions for accessories!

Video of what I did can be found here:

Video Tutorial of Look

Thanks for looking!

Jenelle

faithVA

That is cute. I've never tried rolling my twists.
I think I will try this. It may extend the life of my twists.

Thanks MsJellie

MsJellie

That is cute. I've never tried rolling my twists.
I think I will try this. It may extend the life of my twists.

Thanks MsJellie

Thanks! I think it will definitely extend the life of your twists. The first time I did this, as a test, I did it on twists I had in for a few days. I liked how it came out but, it didn't hold past that day.

So, the next go around, I twisted wet using diluted setting lotion. Curled twists held for about a week, which is fine for me b/c I like to wash/deep condition weekly. Hair stayed soft and moisturized...wasn't hard/crunch at all.

Give it a try!

andromeda

Very nice. I've curled my twists before using flexirods. I'll have to try permrods next time.