TWO STRAND TWISTS: When They Always Unravel

StopMakingSense

:perplexed :perplexed I am heated that I cant wear two strand twists without some of them always coming undone. What gives?

I am beginning to think my hair is a completely different texture in the back.

Does anyone have any suggestions... the only thing I could think of was braiding but it doesnt achieve the same results even if I only braid the ends because the top them unravel.

ilah

What products are you using for your twists? I use MJ's Curly Pudding but a much cheaper alternative is available. You would need something that has some hold in it. Like your own concoction of essential oils with a tiny bit of Eco Styler w/ Olive Oil if you have any.

Simply_elle

Mine do..always have...dry twist..wet twists...

I think with shorter 3b/3c/4a hair they curl out of each other...If that makes sense, Those 4b broads with the AMAZING twists/twistouts...:rolleyes: have z curls..thus more natural hold... my humble defeatist theory for my own #failtwists on short (shorter than apl) hair...

Sianna

I have a weird kind of texture in the top of my head that, for the most part, won't hold twists on its own! My best solution has been perm rods! The ones I have are really small and give the ends a nice little curl that closely resembles my natural 4a curl pattern. :yep:

HTH!

Vonnieluvs08

Definitely try something with some hold even a butter will work if you don't want your hair too stiff.

I have a lose pattern in my nape that occasionally unravels so I try to twist to the very end then twirl with my finger. Also try it on damp hair to help "set" the twist better if the water is causing them to "slip" apart and unravel.

choctaw

Does anyone have any suggestions... the only thing I could think of was braiding but it doesnt achieve the same results even if I only braid the ends because the top them unravel.

Try starting the twist as a braid and then switch to twist about half inch to an inch from scalp.

iri9109

i have the same problem. i can only twist on dry hair that hasnt been cowashed in a couple of days...then spritz each section lightly with water or a mixture of water and condish and and maybe add a styler then twist...idk how long they would last, but the couple times i did it took them out in the morning anyways...on wet hair the twists unravel in less than an hr

Hairlosophy

I've been having this problem with my twists (wet or dry) unraveling also. I'm going to try some of these suggestions when I try my twists again.

Fhrizzball

you can flat twist a bit at the roots of the twist and then two strand twist. And since you say it's the ones at the nape, the twist over them will cover it up some.

~marti26.

I have tried everything and NOTHING works. Lol. I use shea on the ends, gel on the ends. Wet. Dry. Damp. Nothing. I will say that now that I am finally learning to leave my hair alone and stop touching it all the time that I only had a few come down. Sometimes I jus use rubberbands. I know I know, but If I spend an hour and a half twisting my hair I don't want tit coming down in 2 more.

givemecurls

The answer is **drum roll** Flexirods! Okay..actually any roller, perm rod or flexirod. The front of my hair at all different lengths would NEVER stay twisted...I mean completely unraveled right after twisting. Dry hair, wet hair, damp hair, shea butter, gel, twist and lock gel...nada. Mostly because my hair is wavy in the front with no real curl at all on the ends. Now I just roll those babies up on the ends and it blends perfectly. Bonus-the ends have a nice smooth curls that keeps the hair stretched and prevents knotting.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I use bands or rollers when I do it.