Two strands twists vs.

MindTwister

I just have a quick question and it might be stupid but anyways... lool I am just wondering, what is the difference if any, between senegalese and two strands twists...
I was looking at a braids photo gallery and saw those senegalese braids but to me they looked the same as two strands twists

Chanteuse

The hair that's used is different and I think the technique is different also. Senagalese twists are VERY damaging to your hair b/c they have to twist your hair so tightly. I haven't heard anyone's reviews of Kinky twists yet so I don't know if they are damaging or not.

AKAngel904

I had the kinky twist....the really grew my hair...very light weight and I had lil breakage....I kept them well oiled...I love them..I cant wait to get them redone

MindTwister

Thanks for the replies... I definetely wont be doing senegalese twists even if a member of nappturality.com told me she loved them. Cuz if there is even the slightest possibility that's gonna damage my hair then no thanks... I am thinking of doing some kind of braids to strech my relaxer and thinking bout doing twists extensions...
Is there a difference between kiky twists and the two-strands twist? (sorry if it's a stupid question) And what kid of hair should I use? TIA

AKAngel904

i thought they were the same thing, but Im no expert...The kind of hair you get depends on what type of texture you want...I used Afro Kinky, but I think next time Im going to use tomakelon (i think thats how to spell it) because its a more silky, straight texture.