Calling all braid wearers/braiders--Please Help

BreathlessSunset

Just a quick question, I'm going to get Senegalese twists and I'm about to buy the hair. If you've worn Senegalese twists before, do you know the difference between kanekalon and toyakalon?

bLackButtaFly

I didn't know there was much of a difference. I always get kanekalon when I get twists. Don't quote me on this, but I thought the toyaklon is more like straight hair in that you usually use it when you want to leave the ends out. Both are fine though, just do what feels the best. Or ask your braider, which she would reccommend.

glamazon386

Kanekalon looks like the synthetic hair that you buy in the big back. The frizzy bushy looking braiding hair. I mean it is synthetic just a different kind. A better quality. Toyokalon is silky looking. I had in with cornrows before because I wanted the ends to have a little curl. It starts to look bad after a while though. Also, somebody on the board here told me the toyokalon can cut into your hair though. I'd use the kanekalon and then have them dip the end in hot water to seal them whatever way you want. Definitely use the kanekalon for senegalese twists.