Tyler Perry Lays Hand's on Bishop Jakes

LucieLoo12

That's what bothers me...the gimmicks. When did it ever become wrong to ask people to give as the Lord leads them to...whatever the amount.

With all of this 'faith' that 'they' (not all of them) but those with the gimmicks, why can't their faith believe God to meet their needs instead of using manipulating tactics. I'm tired of it.

Obviously that amount of money doesn't phase Tyler. I would prefer he gave it to a worthy cause.

"Me"... :lol:

No.... just kidding. :look:

But for Tyler to give that $113, 000 to hungry children and families ... more of them. There's always one more hungry child who needs to be clothed and fed.

Let Paula use her faith in the same manner she's preaching for others to do.

@Shimmie

This! People swoon over these celebrities giving large amounts like they are doing something sooooo great. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a good thing to give, but we should not put them on a pedal stool because they give. ESPECIALLY not in the church. Celebrities have to pay millions of dollars a year in taxes, they are always looking to give to non profits for a tax break. Alot of times it's about that more than anything else. I am not saying Tyler wasn't sincere in his giving, but that should not have given him the right to stand up and "preach" to the congregation, when he is in blatant sin. :nono:

And on Paula :nono:. That is just deceiving and wicked and greed $113,000.00 for Psalms 113?????? Really??????? that is making merchandise of the people of God. I pray she repents because that is not of God. I wonder if she wrote her check for $113,000 :rolleyes:

LucieLoo12

I watched the vid on YT and this bothers me to no end:

"In order for you to be blessed, your haters have to be present"
Ps 23.. God's blessing isn't dependent on enemies... David was blessed in spite of his enemies. Jesus help us. I'm so serious.

Laela

I watched it too last night :nono:. I had so many emotions. I was mad, wanted to rebuke, wanted to pray for him, hurt ,all at one time :lol:.

This is what we called worldy wisdom. The audience ate it up. To them that was "deep" and they loved it. Then he gone say "The bible says it". I said thats a lie from the devil :lol:. God don't need no "haters" there, and we shouldn't have haters anyway. If people don't like us, we should be praying for them that God will deal with them and break that spirit of strife.

I'm really disappointed at Mr. Jakes, I am :nono:. He is like the only pastor to always have these worldy people speaking at his church. Does he know he confusing his congregation?

Welp. Let us pray.

disgtgyal

What happened to giving in secret, unfortunately Tyler already got his reward when he told the media what he gave. I wonder whether or not these pastors like TD still fear God because I can't see anyone let alone a Shepard continue to manipulate God's children and not be fearful of God. I think it's nice he wants to build a better youth center and he could even rationalize it and say if they have a better youth center if would get kids off the street and into God's house, but I see it as a way to bring more ppl in for the sake of more offering kind of like the way universities focus on amenities to get students to enroll. I could be wrong but that's what it feels like to me, and I think the money would be better spent helping impoverished children who don't have clean water, food or shelter. I don't and haven't supported TD in a very long time after this woman you use to go to his church when she lived down there said whenever he had a new book out he would preach little experts from the book and said say if you want to know more my book is on sale, that just rub me the wrong way.

LivingInPeace

I'm not usually in this forum so forgive me if I'm overstepping. I'm not familiar with the laying on of hands because I'm Lutheran and we don't really get into that. But, this doesn't pass the "sniff" test. It reeks of falseness and ego.

mrselle

TD Jakes will have a new talk show on BET beginning Oct 6th. It's called "Mind, Body, Soul."

FYI

The title sounds very "Oprah" to me. Makes me think back to the 90's when she had that segment on her show called "Remembering Your Spirit".

mrselle

I don't know. I watched the video and had a lot of different emotions. Mostly I feel sad. Sad because I'm starting to wonder if anyone out there is real.

Nice & Wavy

I will be sure NOT to tune in, lol.
:lol::lol:

The title sounds very "Oprah" to me. Makes me think back to the 90's when she had that segment on her show called "Remembering Your Spirit".
I was thinking that his show would be on the OWN network, but BET picked it up. Probably because his daily program is on BET...:yep:

I don't know. I watched the video and had a lot of different emotions. Mostly I feel sad. Sad because I'm starting to wonder if anyone out there is real.
Oh, there are real ministers and they are really leading people to Jesus Christ:yep:. They aren't on television like some are, and some may not even be on television at all...but, I witness these men and women of God on the norm...it's an honor to know them!

gn1g

I ain't mad at him, let the Lord use him however he wants to use Tyler. Tyler has spoken at the Potters house before and he is clearly annointed. The things he has said are far reaching than Bishop Jakes ever. The mega fest was huge and a wonderful event, that had over 75k people. Great God of Glory.

I believe that the TP impartion was of God and if not we know that all things work together for the good of them that love the lord.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
@Shimmie

This! People swoon over these celebrities giving large amounts like they are doing something sooooo great. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a good thing to give, but we should not put them on a pedal stool because they give. ESPECIALLY not in the church. Celebrities have to pay millions of dollars a year in taxes, they are always looking to give to non profits for a tax break. Alot of times it's about that more than anything else. I am not saying Tyler wasn't sincere in his giving, but that should not have given him the right to stand up and "preach" to the congregation, when he is in blatant sin. :nono:

And on Paula :nono:. That is just deceiving and wicked and greed $113,000.00 for Psalms 113??????

Really??????? that is making merchandise of the people of God. I pray she repents because that is not of God. I wonder if she wrote her check for $113,000 :rolleyes:

Amen! Especially at the Bolded regarding Psalm 113 ---- LucieLoo12

I do not like 'gimmicks'....:nono: :nono: :nono:

I don't like 'pitches' that poke holes in people's pockets to get money from them.... :nono:

delitefulmane

I have been thinking about this actually...

Last week one of my co-workers (a pastors wife) asked aren't you watching Megafest and I said no, I really don't listen to Bishop Jakes like that, so she asked why; I said I have a problem with who he aligns himself with, one of the speakers is Oprah and she believes there are many paths to Christ, I don't think Bishop Jakes should have had her speaking at Megafest....My co worker says Oh, well there are lots of other great speakers there I'm going to tune in now.

My thoughts; we shouldn't support them in part or in whole. We are too accepting, if we are not careful the world it's money and fame are going to send us straight to hell, if Jesus was a rock of offense, shouldn't we be. Not because we sent out to purposely offend anyone but when the truth is spoken it brings offense. He is too friendly with the world and aint no body being changed, it's seems he is being influenced and not them.

Yes, yes, yes to the bolded!! :grin: A lot of pastors now are TOOOO ACCEPTING!! The word of God itself convicts!!

How do you all feel about Tyler Perry speaking in tongues? No one spoke to this point so I am curious.

disgtgyal

^^ I'm curious about tongues I don't fully understand it. How does one know whether if a believer is really speaking in the spirit as oppose to making up words. Personally the experience I have with tongues is speaking it in my dreams I've never spoken it in my conscious mind. Also I kinda feel like most ppl don't know when someone is really speaking in tongues because I witnessed a pastor who thought one of his members was speaking in tongues and it turned out he was possessed... So I really don't understand

MrsHaseeb

Yes, yes, yes to the bolded!! :grin: A lot of pastors now are TOOOO ACCEPTING!! The word of God itself convicts!!

How do you all feel about Tyler Perry speaking in tongues? No one spoke to this point so I am curious.

I believe in speaking in tongues but that is not how I determine a persons sincerity. The sincerity is determined by the life they lead, their fruit. Jesus said we'd know them by their fruit, not their tongues. So I honestly thought nothing of the tongues because I can't see them being inspired by the Holy Spirit.

MrsHaseeb

^^ I'm curious about tongues I don't fully understand it. How does one know whether if a believer is really speaking in the spirit as oppose to making up words. Personally the experience I have with tongues is speaking it in my dreams I've never spoken it in my conscious mind. Also I kinda feel like most ppl don't know when someone is really speaking in tongues because I witnessed a pastor who thought one of his members was speaking in tongues and it turned out he was possessed... So I really don't understand

Speaking in Tongues - Long Hair Care Forum
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=647847

Check out that thread and there are some excellent explanations and testimonies that will give you more understanding.

FlyyBohemian

They are accepting of people with money, but many churches don't want their spaces filled with the people they were called to preach to, which is the poor. A lot pastors want their churches to increase in number but for what though? Souls aren't the priority anymore to a lot of congregations.

Last edited:

SimplyBlessed

Just saw this thread n smh

I guess if u have $ u can just help reinforce the prosperity doctrine that most pastors preach keeping ppl blind and writing checks

Smh

HanaKuroi

FlyyBohemian said:
They are accepting of people with money, but many churches don't want their spaces filled with the people they were called to preach to, which is the poor. A lot pastors want their churches to increase and number but for what though? Souls aren't the priority anymore to a lot of congregations.

Ita.^^^^

If they were truly called in the first place. I don't believe most of them were called by God. They should be trying bring people to Christ and helping and feeding the poor. How about helping widows and children?

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Nice & Wavy

Many people in churches are being deceived because there are pastors who are only preaching what the people want to hear (ie: itching ears) and are not doing what they have been called to do under the title "pastor".:nono:

The enemy is slick....he draws people to places like "megafest" (I believe megafest was originally intended to be a blessing for many people...and it was) and then deceive them into believing that what they are seeing and experiencing is a true experience of the Holy Spirit.

This is the spirit of error that the Bible talks about.:yep: Remember though...its not the people, but that spirit that has crept into not only the church, but many homes. :yep:

All those who are believers in Jesus, need a Biblical Church with Godly pastors. There are many out there....they are just not on many television stations. There are many pastors who are leading thousands, upon thousands of people to Christ and are doing exactly what the Lord called them to do. Don't limit yourself to what you see on tv or the few local churches that you come into contact with. I know many pastors who are on fire for the Lord and are moving in obedience to His Word.:yep:

However, we as the Body of Christ must have discernment. We should never assume that every experience will be of God.

2 Peter 2: 1-3
"But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of truth will be blasphemed. And in their greed they will exploit you with false words. Their condemnation from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep."
Having discernment is the ability to tell the difference between truth and error.

One of the ways to having discernment is through the Bible. The Bible is the #1 way to NOT be deceived. However, you MUST read it and LISTEN to the Holy Spirit and what He is saying to you while you read. There are many people who read the Bible but are not getting the true understanding of it because they are void of the Spirit of God. We need the Holy Spirit to teach us and guide us and lead us to all of God's truths.

1 John 4:4
"Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. We are from God. Whoever knows God listens to us; whoever is not from God does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of truth and the spirit of error."
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth. He empowers the believer so that we live righteously. In this we can celebrate...we can live without fear: No enemy is greater than Jesus living in us. "Greater is He who lives within us than he who is in the world!":yep:

Increasing discernment comes from a person who is continually maturing in the Word of God. We will be able to listen to things being said and know the difference between the Spirit of God and the spirit of error.

Be focused....be pro-active and be a good listener. Being able to hear the Holy Spirit's voice is paramount to being able to walk in this evil day. We need the Holy Spirit now more than ever before.

:love2:

Nice & Wavy

They are accepting of people with money, but many churches don't want their spaces filled with the people they were called to preach to, which is the poor. A lot pastors want their churches to increase in number but for what though? Souls aren't the priority anymore to a lot of congregations.
Pastors are called to preach the gospel truth to everyone...rich or poor, bond or free, male and female. The Lord doesn't want anyone to perish, but ALL to come to repentance. :yep:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Did anyone watch Oprah's 'Master Class' last night with Bishop Jakes? The topic was fatherless children.

I taped it but haven't watched it yet.

I believe that we should 'watch' and be aware and allow God to use these arenas in keeping us 'alert' and how and what to pray.

In other words: 'Know what the 'enemy' is doing and using against the 'Body of Christ.'

God's Word says we are to be wise as serpents...gentle as Doves. We're not being overshadowed and caught unawares.

Nice & Wavy

Did anyone watch Oprah's 'Master Class' last night with Bishop Jakes? The topic was fatherless children.

I taped it but haven't watched it yet.

I believe that we should 'watch' and be aware and allow God to use these arenas in keeping us 'alert' and how and what to pray.

In other words: 'Know what the 'enemy' is doing and using against the 'Body of Christ.'

God's Word says we are to be wise as serpents...gentle as Doves. We're not being overshadowed and caught unawares.
Yes, dh said the same thing to me last night, so we watched it.

Just as we thought....he mentioned "God" once and the rest was about
'words':rolleyes:.

The topic about 'fatherless fathers' is a topic that should be discussed in 'The Church'. I believe that children need their father's and their mother's. Oprah spoke some, but he spoke mostly.

I don't want to tell it all...you need to see it for yourself.

I know one thing, what I'm learning about what happened at this 'megafest' is making me want to vomit.....:nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
I was working....

I wonder how it turned out....

Yes, dh said the same thing to me last night, so we watched it.

Just as we thought....he mentioned "God" once and the rest was about
'words':rolleyes:.

The topic about 'fatherless fathers' is a topic that should be discussed in 'The Church'. I believe that children need their father's and their mother's. Oprah spoke some, but he spoke mostly.

I don't want to tell it all...you need to see it for yourself.

I know one thing, what I'm learning about what happened at this 'megafest' is making me want to vomit.....:nono:

I didn't is there a link to something or maybe I can catch a re-run.

^^I don't have a link.

I'll see when it will re-run. tks

Iwanthealthyhair67, sweetvi and Nice & Wavy...

I found this on Oprah's network website:

http://www.oprah.com/oprahs-lifeclass/Oprahs-Lifeclass-Fatherless-America

You know what I see?

I see Oprah getting turned around completely for Jesus. Totally Jesus in the pure Truth that He is.

God will not allow His Name to be used in vain. He will get HIS glory from all of this. There's no escape for Oprah... our prayers are not in vain for her to surrender her all unto Jesus. This includes Steadman, Gail and all of nem' ... her staff, her gay assistants and guests... EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW and SAY Jesus is Lord of their hearts and their lives

Father God... DO IT! Have your way, our Heavenly Father... Do it! Bring the all in...let there be no escape and no doubt and no back slidding. Do it Father God, Do it... bring them in... all of them. Let the sacred worship of you rule and reign in their hearts.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen and Amen!