Type 2 and 3 ladies.....What relaxer?

EXSQUISIT

Forgive me if this has been asked, but I am looking to switch relaxers from Dudley and wondered what relaxers you ladies use with good results. I use lye and would like something that gets the hair straight and doesn't leave it dry. I plan to apply it myself. I have searched most of the relaxer posts but I saw that most of the responders have type 4 hair. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. TIA /images/graemlins/smile.gif

inthepink

I used Vitale Sensitive Scalp for about 10 years. I believe they have a lye and no lye. I never knew the difference back then so I think I was getting the no lye.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
A friend of mine with wavy/curly hair (think: little girl in Wild Growth ad) swears by New Era relaxer. She's the only person I know who uses this relaxer. But her hair always looks nice and it never "poofs" when it's humid outside. Her natural hair was always very, very big.

candibaby

Design Essentials Mild Lye was my favorite for a long time..
but now Nu Expressions Lye takes the cake! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dreemssold

I'm a 4b, so I can't help you /images/graemlins/look.gif, but I just wanted to say your hair is SO very pretty /images/graemlins/up.gif.

skegeesmb

When I used to use no lye relaxers 12 years ago I used Optimum. That got my hair STRAIGHT!

I used Revlon lye realistic Regular. I'm a 3-4 combo.

EXSQUISIT

Thanks ladies! I was reading all of the affirm reviews but wasn't sure if that would be good for my hair or not. Lots of great suggestions.

Allandra: Can design essentials be bought at the store or is it professional only?

EXSQUISIT

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a 4b, so I can't help you /images/graemlins/look.gif, but I just wanted to say your hair is SO very pretty /images/graemlins/up.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks so much! So is yours! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

candibaby

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks ladies! I was reading all of the affirm reviews but wasn't sure if that would be good for my hair or not. Lots of great suggestions.

Allandra: Can design essentials be bought at the store or is it professional only?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I'm not Allandra.. but you have to buy Design Essentials online or at a salon.. you cant even get it at Trade Secret.

EXSQUISIT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I'm not Allandra.. but you have to buy Design Essentials online or at a salon.. you cant even get it at Trade Secret.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's okay. I'm just glad for a response /images/graemlins/smile.gif Where online would I find it?

bocagirl

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's okay. I'm just glad for a response /images/graemlins/smile.gif Where online would I find it?

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't sell the relaxer online, only the other products.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not sold in stores.

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">I have 3a/b hair. I recently bought some Elasta QP Mild Relaxer the other day. Since I use a semi-perm color on my hair, and will self relax on Saturday, I'll try it and see if my new growth will be straight. I don't like to have underprocessed hair that doesn't give me results. If this relaxer doesn't do me any justice, then I may switch. But for right now, let's find out if my current brand will do it for me. </font>

Mamacita

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not sold in stores.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would say check your the area where you live because where I live they sell Design Essential relaxer in all the stores I go in. HTH

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not sold in stores.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would say check your the area where you live because where I live they sell Design Essential relaxer in all the stores I go in. HTH

[/ QUOTE ]
That's great. Please tell us which stores. You know we wanna know. /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

Mamacita

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not sold in stores.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's great. Please tell us which stores. You know we wanna know. /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
All of the beauty suply stores in my area, and you know if you go in enough, they will even order what you ask for. But Design Essentials is always on the shelf, so much so that I didn't even know until today that it was a salon product.

alibi

hair bored
I used to use PCJ Gentle Treatment for Children's Delicate Hair. The box is old school hot pink, with a lady and a little girl that look like they're straight outta the eighties! It got my hair super straight and very soft though. It's lye, not to be confused w/ the PCJ no lye, which has a similar hot pink box, but doesn't have the little girl on the front.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]

All of the beauty suply stores in my area, and you know if you go in enough, they will even order what you ask for. But Design Essentials is always on the shelf, so much so that I didn't even know until today that it was a salon product.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hopefully, the ladies that are looking for it can find it in their area as well. I get mine done at the salon. I've seen Designer's Touch in stores, but I've never seen Design Essentials in my area.

EXSQUISIT

Thanks ladies. Everyone seems to have had good experiences so I'm now debating which one to try. I love this forum! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

honeisos

I swear by revlon realistic .... it always makes my hair so lovely.... /images/graemlins/clap.gif
I use the lye relaxer