type 4's who use a mild strength relaxer....

beana

what brand do you use?

what results do you achieve (texlaxed, texturized, relaxed 80%, straight with some pattern, or bone straight)???

How long do you leave it in?

Do you smooth?

How long do you go between touch ups?

TIA

*ElleB

I use ORS regular which is for FINE hair and I'm a type 4 so It's mild. My hair isn't that thick tho, its about a medium texture. My hair gets straight, but it still has thickness to it....I leave it in about 10 minutes or so. My mom does is and she does smooth....Look at my sig, I am a Super Stretcher! so I go about 6-7 months

ayoung

I use Design Essentials. My hair is medium w/ a fine texture in the crown.
It is relaxed w/ texture--not bone straight (after washed and airdried) but I wouldn't consider it texlaxed/texturized either.

My stylist doesn't leave it on that long--maybe 10 min and I think she does just a little smoothing (if I remember right lol)

I touch up about every 8 weeks now--may be able to go a few weeks longer as my hair grows longer

Nanyanika

what brand do you use? Elasta QP Sensitive scalp for fine/medium

what results do you achieve (texlaxed, texturized, relaxed 80%, straight with some pattern, or bone straight)???
bone straight

30 min

Do you smooth?
my stylist used a comb

this is my first relaxer, i hope to wait 5 months

beana

when you ladies say you leave the relaxer in for 10 minutes... do you mean 10 minutes total (from the time the relaxer touches your hair to the times its rinsed) OR 10 mins AFTER the relaxer has been applied to your newgrowth???...

It takes my sister 10 minutes to apply it, and then i'll leave it on/ let it process 5-10 minutes longer.

Thanks

beana

den1 said:
what brand do you use? Elasta QP Sensitive scalp for fine/medium

bone straight

30 min

Do you smooth?
my stylist used a comb

this is my first relaxer, i hope to wait 5 months

den1, your hair is gorgeous, i've always admired it.. is the elasta no lye?

Nanyanika

beana said:
den1, your hair is gorgeous, i've always admired it.. is the elasta no lye?
Thank-you for the compliment, yes the Elasta is no-lye and very gentle, my hair turned out silky straight, candy-c also uses this relaxer.

RabiaElaine

I'm transitioning to texlaxed. I say transitioning because I have about 3 inches of unstretched texlaxed hair the rest of the length is bone straight.

I use Affirm Fiberguard Mild, love that stuff!!!

I would say I'm about 70-75% relaxed, I'm more than texturized but less than straight. Basically the curl that remains in my hair when stretched adds about a 1/2 inch or a little more to 3 the three inches. I hope that made sense.

When I am fully texlaxed and have my bone straight hair cut off my hair will still "hang" down when wet.

myco

what brand do you use?
Vitale Life and Body Ideal

I would say I'm relaxed straight with some pattern. If I let it airdry it would be wavy, but not enough to do a wash and go.

I think I'm in the 15-20 minute range

Do you smooth?
Yes. After application, I go back and smooth the roots.

12 weeks.

lala

what brand do you use?
DE Sensitive Scalp (just switched from regular strength after experiencing dry scalp issues)
Bone straight
10 - 15 minutes
Do you smooth?
Yes
6-8 wks.

Isis

beana said:
when you ladies say you leave the relaxer in for 10 minutes... do you mean 10 minutes total (from the time the relaxer touches your hair to the times its rinsed) OR 10 mins AFTER the relaxer has been applied to your newgrowth???...

It takes my sister 10 minutes to apply it, and then i'll leave it on/ let it process 5-10 minutes longer.

Thanks

The 10 minutes for me is both application and smoothing time. So it is 10 minutes total time, then I rinse and wash with the neutralizing shampoo. The only way I can do my whole head is to relax in sections.

what brand do you use?
Gentle Treatment regular no-lye (which is mild for me)

Mine is texlaxed, meaning I loosen my kinks but my hair is not relaxed bone straight. It's relaxed about 50-60%.

10 minutes

Do you smooth?
I always smooth

13 weeks (sometimes more)

Dandelion

what brand do you use?
Phytorelaxer Index1 (I use #1 to allow myself a extra time to apply)

I think approx 85%

30 minutes (mfg max 20 min for my hair)

Do you smooth?
Absolutely!

This last time about 6 months, but I will use a shorter interval next time.

seeminglysweet

lala said:
what brand do you use?
DE Sensitive Scalp (just switched from regular strength after experiencing dry scalp issues)
Bone straight
10 - 15 minutes
Do you smooth?
Yes
6-8 wks.

Same for me except I go 12 weeks between touch-ups.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
what brand do you use?
Silk Elements Mild Lye mixed w/cholesterol conditioner

Texturized

5-8 minutes including application

Do you smooth?
Sometimes I will smooth a little, but it isn't really necessary unless I want to speed up the processing.
Between 2-3 months, when I start to shed alot.