Ugh! I have no idea what to do with my hair!!!!

Kinkyhairlady

I’ve decided to give braids and weaves a break for about 2 months so I can nurture my hair but I just realized I am lost. My hair is natural and I wore a cute updo the other day but because I wanted to wear my hat in the cold I had to take the updo down. Well now my hair is looking a hot mess! First I had twisted it in big twist but when I took it down the curls were not defined then I just pinned it up but it looks awful. I hate to rely on fake hair to look decent but at the same time what exactly am I suppose to do with this hair? I tried one style which was just twisting the hair down and pinning it but that did not look good on me at all, I looked like an overgrown kid. Some of these natural styles I see on youtube are cute on the individual especially if the person has a young baby face it will look cute but not on me. Any hairstyle recommendations that I can wear that is cute and professional and that is age appropriate?

Bnster

Hum, can't tie your head with a scarf instead of putting on a hat and or wear an ear muff. I am sure the other ladies will pitch in about natural hair styles.

Kinkyhairlady

Hum, can't tie your head with a scarf instead of putting on a hat and or wear an ear muff. I am sure the other ladies will pitch in about natural hair styles.

i don't have earmuffs and I don't tend to wear scarfs to work. The thing is the updo is all I know to do. It is funny cause everyone is asking me if I cut my hair and I am like no. Don't they know I was rocking a weave, smh. Like for New Years I want a very cute style but I am clueless. dealing with natural hair takes a whole lot of patience.

Bnster

You may need to try low buns then. Hopefully the ladies will give you YouTube links to great natural styles. Good Luck! I am relaxed by the way, can't give you any great tips only maybe suggestions on how to protect your hair and style.

1) Like you can also wear your scarf and take it off just before coming around the corner of your workplace.
2) Wear a big hounded jacket.

(I really don't care how I look with my outer clothing and haven't been wearing those regular winter scarf or hats to avoid breakage.)

I have a leather coat with a big hood, to keep the hood up, I tie a scarf around my neck to keep it in place.

3) Wear a cute hoodie sweater and pull over your head when outside in the elements.
(You can always take off that sweater at work/school or where ever you are, if you want a different look)

These things do not crush your hair and will keep your hairstyle in tack while keeping your head warmer than going without.

Last edited:

Kinkyhairlady

Ok ladies don't laugh at my naps, it looks pretty bad. I tried to take a decent pic with my phone and this is the best I could do. My hair was in big flat twist in the front and I just did not think the style suit me so I took it out and pinned my hair going back, this is not a style and it looks rough to me, I originally twisted with aloe vera and water. the hair is soft but does not look it. Now I don't know what to do for the rest of the week cause I can't come to work with this bird's nest tomorrow. Also I need a cute style for New Years eve.

Attachments

• kinks.jpg
    kinks.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 70

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Excuse me? Your hair looks cute to me???? I don't see anything wrong with it at all.....like forreal.

What about mini twists if you are not feeling the bigger twists?

~~HoneyComb~~

Thanks for the pic--you have a lot of nice thick hair :yep:

Since your twists makes you look like a kid--how about a twist out. I don't like wearing twist by themselves on me, but I love twist outs, it makes me look more adult.

Kinkyhairlady

Excuse me? Your hair looks cute to me???? I don't see anything wrong with it at all.....like forreal.

What about mini twists if you are not feeling the bigger twists?

Thanks. I am not used to wearing my hair out like this so I am just not comfortable and this was not the style I was going for. Yes I will try the mini twist but I don't have much time this week but it is another option. though not sure how that will look cause my hair is not long enough to have the twist hang.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Girl if you have enough hair to grip you have enough hair to twist and they do not have to hang, swang or do anything....

I have 4 inches of hair (looks like at least 2 inches shorter than you) and they are a staple for me:

It can be done. :yep:

Fhrizzball

How long is your hair? Perhaps a braid out/twist out with some heavier leaveins or something with hold or you can tuck and pin the hair or whatnot. THere's a thread floating around of diff hairstyles for different lengths and then perhaps looking on youtube for ladies with your hair length may help out as well.

FroFab

I don't see anything wrong with the style except it does look a little dry. Even though you said its not you may need to add product to get it to look more finished and that will also help with curl definition if you are aiming for a twist out. Try a styling product like a butter or setting pomade to give your twists that "done" look. The hold from the product should aid in setting the twist out look too.
Hope this helps.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Pook you so silly lol!

I don't even think her hair looks dry, it looks like normal everyday natural hair to me? *shrugs* I honestly think that it is very pretty, especially the way you styled it :) Sometimes we can be our biggest critics....

You can easily jazz it up for New Year's by adding a flower or bow or something like that....

Kinkyhairlady

Pook you so silly lol!

I don't even think her hair looks dry, it looks like normal everyday natural hair to me? *shrugs* I honestly think that it is very pretty, especially the way you styled it :) Sometimes we can be our biggest critics....

You can easily jazz it up for New Year's by adding a flower or bow or something like that....

Your hair is very lustrous. I will check out the link with the different hairstyles and figure something out. One thing I def need is some hair accessories.