Ultrasonic?Infrared Flat Irons = Straight Hair w/no Heat

biancaelyse

Does anyone here have any experience with an ultrasonic/infrared flat iron?

I've heard of them being used to prevent heat damage when doing BKTs.

These straighten hair without direct heat and have good reviews but I've never seen/used one.

What is the Ultrasonic Technology?

Our new Japanese patented ultrasonic plate produce high frequency vibration of 36,000 times per second converting the liquid water under normal temperature in steam (gaseaous) water. Therefor, our ultrasonic plate's unique technology does not produce heat. No more heat damage!
Beaute Ultrasonic is the 1st Repair Iron that penetrate in 100% all ultra-fine nutrients of hair treatment, Mask, or Keratin directly into the hair cortex selaing for 30, 60, or 90 days. The results varies according to the product quality that you are applying. The best quality offers the best results.

What is the Infrared Technology?

Our new Japanese patented infrared plate is used to curve the damaged hair tissue and stimulate the blood recycle of the hair root so that the hair will be kept healthier and more nutritious. Our 14 infrared lights* bring nutrients and oxygen to the cortex and stimulates the removal of accumulated toxins in the cuticle.

Beaute Ultrasonic is the 1st Repair Hair Iron that penetrates 100% ultra-fine nutrients of hair treatment, mask or keratin directly into the hair cortex sealing for 30, 60, 90 days. The results varies according to the product quality that you are applying. The best quality with the best results.

Video on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR_VNII84To&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

biancaelyse

Re: Ultrasonic?Infrared Flat Irons .= Straight Hair w/no Heat

the only thing is, the girl in the video - her hair looks pretty straight already? :s

I agree; her hair is straight.

This technology was developed in Japan and then became popular in the BKT world.

It is still new so we'll see if/when it catches on in the AA community.

If I can find one being sold with a 30 day guarantee, I'd definitely try it.

The ones I've seen so far are $200 plus but for me it would be worth it to BKT my kids heat free, assuming it works.

ETA - I'm going to email my BKT distributor since I see that she carries these flat irons too and she is a very helpful vendor.

Last edited:

biancaelyse

It looks like this flat iron is great for mixed hair, per this presenter's words below..., but for african americans, he has to relax the hair first then use the flat iron to make it smooth and straight. I doubt it would work on 4a/b natural hair to get it straight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfVj...list=ULGR_VNII84To&lf=mfu_in_order&playnext=1

Thanks Mystic for posting!!

OMG - I tried to watch that video but his accent was driving me crazy LOL :lachen::lachen:

I am checking with my distributor who carries this iron to see if it can be used on AA hair based upon her experiences with it.

I don't know that guy or how much experience he has with black hair.

UrbainChic

Wait I dont understand.

According to basic chemistry something hot has very quickly vibrating molecules. Why would this method of quickly vibrating molecules be better than another?

Honest question.

UrbainChic

I also don't appreciate him talking about that little girl in the poster's hair as " any woman's nightmare"

DaiseeDay

I also don't appreciate him talking about that little girl in the poster's hair as " any woman's nightmare"

He said it was "very nappy". Fool those were some some 3b curls. nothing "nappy" about it. If he thinks that's a "nappy nightmare" then wtf is type 4?

biancaelyse

I heard back from my distributor. The ultrasonic/infrared is for sealing your hair, not making it straight. It is typically used on people with damaged or breakng hair as an extra step right after applying the BKT solution, before blowdrying and flatironing.

It can also be used on healthy hair but at $200+, I'd rather DC overnight.

WyrdWay

Wait I dont understand.

According to basic chemistry something hot has very quickly vibrating molecules. Why would this method of quickly vibrating molecules be better than another?

Honest question.

I was thinking this too... At my job I use an Ultrasonic machine that cuts cloth, and one that melts cloth and plastic molding them together ( I can burn plywood with it) and those mothers burn the crap out of you! But I don't know at what frequency it would need to have to get to X temp....

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I have one of these. It doesn't straighten my hair but instead it makes my hair shiny and keep my curls nice and snappy. I bought mine from china and it was like $75 and it would have been cheaper if I used western union.

mz.rae

I don't know if this is the same type of flat iron that a lady at a mall Kiosk put on my hair. It was infra red type flat iron the plates didn't get hot at all. It straightened my transitioning natural hair really well and made it straight.

LexiDior

I heard back from my distributor. The ultrasonic/infrared is for sealing your hair, not making it straight. It is typically used on people with damaged or breakng hair as an extra step right after applying the BKT solution, before blowdrying and flatironing.

It can also be used on healthy hair but at $200+, I'd rather DC overnight.

yeh i got that from the video. Its not meant to straighten just heal.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I don't know if this is the same type of flat iron that a lady at a mall Kiosk put on my hair. It was infra red type flat iron the plates didn't get hot at all. It straightened my transitioning natural hair really well and made it straight.

whats was the name of the iron?! i am really intruigued!

Lilmama1011

I just came up the Royale soft touch straightener. I let her do some curls. Was straight in one pass. It has a little smell but I heard it goes away. Was thinking about getting it especially when I get a lot of new growth but I'm scared of heat. Even though she claimed it is 98% harmless

Lilmama1011

Buy I don't get it. It's not heat but it gets hot like heat. I call bs. I was thinking hard about it but I don't want bad habits

Need2gro

Bumping... I know this thread is old... but anyone still using the infrared flat iron?? Any damage? I'm really interested in getting one.