Ceramic STEAM Flat Irons--For Natural 4B Hair???

CocoGlow

Hey ladies

I have been avoiding heat ever since I went natural almost 2 years ago but I am considering it since I have been doing research on how to do it the RIGHT way...anyway, I have been researching flat irons and I was wondering if the new STEAM flat irons would be the best option for natural 4B's like me...

I 've heard about the ever-so popular Maxiglide but I am concerned about alot of negative reviews about the detangling hair pins pulling out kinky hair like mine no matter how well detangled the hair is as well as some other complaints...

BUT I am now seeing this Hot Tools Professional Ion Ceramic Steam Flat Iron --Model 1186 that appears to be just as good but without the detangling hair pins

Here is some info on it:
http://www.imperialsales.net/1186.html

*Ion + ceramic helps retain moisture, reduces frizz.

*Ceramic's radiant far-infrared heat quickly penetrates the center of the hair shaft to heat hair from the inside out, reducing exposure to heat and preserving its moisture.

*Moisturizing ions leave hair cuticles smoother, more light-reflective, shinier.

*Ions boost steam output by 3X for better holding, longer lasting styles loaded with moisture.

*3 settings. Can be used with or without steam, with or without ion.
- Ion with steam: Conditioning steam infused with moisturizing ions
- Steam only: Steam moisturizes, beautifies hair, reduces frizz
- No ion, no steam: Straightens hair quickly and easily

*2 caps - an easy-to-fill water reservoir for continuous steam and a cap for use without steam.

*300 watts of power for fast heat up and instant heat recovery.

*Creates glossy shine in any type or texture of hair.

*1 1/2" plates straighten hair of any length.

*Ion indicator light.

So what do you ladies think about this one or any other STEAM flat iron for use on natural 4B hair?

If anyone has experience w/ using this one another one, please share your experiences--Good & Bad!

Sorry if there is another thread on the same topic, the search feature was acting up :look:

CocoGlow

BUMP!!!

If this has been discussed before, please direct me to those threads..otherwise...BUMP!!!

Transformer

Can't tell you anything about performance but it looks kinda bulky and that it would be hard to manipulate. I'm just a little over shoulder length and I don't think I would enjoy 1.5 inch plate.

CocoGlow

I would not buy any Hot Tools product for my tresses.

I am a maxiglider all the way.....

Funny I was just visiting your fotki!!!

I've heard so many things about Maxiglide good & bad ..

Have you ever had a problem w/ it?

What have you heard about Hot Tools that would make you feel uneasy about using it?

I'm SCURRED! I just don't want to make any mistakes & regret it....

Keen

I'm not natural but I can't imaging the maxiglide gliding through my 4b hair in its natural state.

Jetblackhair

With the Maxiglide you don't have to use the pin plate. You can use the flat plate that comes with it.

Does the Hot Iron Tool have a temperature setting? I only saw 3 settings for ion w/steam, steam only, no ion or steam, but not an actual temperature control. Being able to adjust the temperature to your hair needs is very important.