Umm...I don't think I will be trying Surge

dreamgurl

Umm...I don\'t think I will be trying Surge

I just saw DSD's album and could not believe what happened to her scalp, nape and ear area from the Surge product so many are raving about. I was considering trying it for the temple area that's not as thick as the rest of my hair, but I'm too scurred to try it now...oh well...anyone ever tried the Nioxin Follicle Booster NX3? I've heard some beauticians using the Nioxin line for those who experience hair thinning or loss. If anyone has tried Nioxin and has great results with increased growth...let me know, because I may want to try their Follicle Booster. Here is some info on the product:

Follicle Booster NX3 is an intensive booster for anyone experiencing a low density hair line and areas of excessively thin-looking hair. Follicle Booster NX3 utilizes a unique and proprietary NIOXIN Liposomal delivery system, NIPOSOMES. This delivery system targets the hair follicle and enhances the body's own ability to nourish the hair, repair and protect damage caused by free radicals on the scalp skin and provide protection from pseudo-estrogens (environmental pollutants). Repairs damage caused by free radicals in scalp skin Protects against phototoxic effects of sunlight and the damaging effects of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) on the scalp skin Nourishes and enhances nutrient uptake by scalp skin. Increases microcirculation in the scalp skin enhancing cellular activity Niposomes deliver highly specialized nutrients to the scalp skin and hair follicle Transactive Delivery System TM(TDS) transports nutrients to improve hair's quality, density and keratin structure Chemical Inhibiting Factor TM(CIF) prevents and safeguards against the future build-up of toxins on the scalp Eco-CorrectivesTM; A patent-pending complex that contains naturally occurring essential oils, which remove DHT, excess hormones and pseudo-estrogens (environmental pollutants) from the scalp skin. Scalp Respiratory Complex TM(SRCTM) increases cellular oxygen uptake and scalp cell activity by up to 200% Co-zyme10 for the visible signs of aging and may help extend the life cycle of the hair.

jellynote

Re: Umm...I don\'t think I will be trying Surge

Have you thought about using Dr. Miracle's Nape and Temple Area? I don't use it, but I thought you might look into that also. I use Surge and it works for me. You must also remember what doesn't work for someone else might work for you.

dreemssold

I don't want to sell you on Surge if you are dead set against it, but I will say that I've never had any problems with it. I think, from my own experiences and from what I've read here, what makes all the difference is washing before Surging and adding moisture. When I Surge, I wash my hair twice a day, then apply the Surge, followed by oils. I have had NO problems. On the other hand, my cousin Surged while wearing cornrows and washing less frequently, and had flaking. Obviously, it varies from person to person, but I think there are definitely ways to prevent any damage.

KAddy

I have not used surge, but I think that since there are chemicals in surge, one just needs to be careful. I have had a similar experience with a facial cleanser that was just too harsh for my skin. Where it "burned" my face and left it feeling scab-like in certain places.

AudraChanell

My hair felt really hard after using it for 3 days. I am going to give it to a family member or something

jellynote

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to sell you on Surge if you are dead set against it, but I will say that I've never had any problems with it. I think, from my own experiences and from what I've read here, what makes all the difference is washing before Surging and adding moisture. When I Surge, I wash my hair twice a day, then apply the Surge, followed by oils. I have had NO problems. On the other hand, my cousin Surged while wearing cornrows and washing less frequently, and had flaking. Obviously, it varies from person to person, but I think there are definitely ways to prevent any damage.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I only wash my hair twice a week and I haven't had any problems using surge, but I also follow with oils.

Queenie

A friend had the same problems as DSD, but she didn't wash her hair for over a week. When she washes a lot she doesn't have the problem. I wash every other day and have no problems.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo

I use surge and I mix castor oil in with it for moisture. I have never had any bad side effects from using it. I wash anywhere from 1-3 times a week depending on my schedule. I would say with surge try to spray it directly on the scalp and a little will go along way. When I was wearing braids this summer I used it twice daily and would wash or rinse my braids once or twice a week.

aqualung

It really just depends on the scalp. I would use Surge 14 daily for 3+ weeks between washes with no peeling or irritation. My new growth grew in thick (and tangled).

belleza

The Nioxin Follicle Booster is for grown folks! I love it. I has helped my hair grow back where I had extreme breakage. I currently use it to stimulate my scalp as it increases microcirculation. They also have something called Cytonutrient Treatment. It's no joke. Use this link. You've got to check this out!

I need to own stock in this company. I'm going to check the Wall Street Journal and see if they're publicly traded.

http://www.nioxin.com/nioxin_products/ni...&v=benefits

Ebony

Re: I do not use the spray

what about the other surge products besides the surge 14? do all of their products cause this same reaction?

Blacktresses

I had the same bad reaction with Surge 14. I waited about 4 months before using it again. What I found out is that I add drops to my scalp and rub it in. This way it does not drip anywhere to cause problems. Then I apply just a 'lil hair butter. Viola!!!!

ChasingBliss

Yeah the key is definitely how often you wash your hair. Those who wash their hair at least twice per week dont seem to suffer from that problem.