SouthernTease

This IS actually hair related.

A lot of people have bath tub stoppers that
you have to twist up or down to open and close
and then some are lucky enough to have the
drain system where we can use the hair trapper
basket thingie...

What do you do when your drain gets clogged with hair
and the water drains slower than normal...
I think all women should know how to unclog it
aside from calling a plumber... or a SO or whatever...

I'm on my way to Home Depot to buy this:
http://www.liquidplumr.com/products/powerjet.html

Liquid-Plumr® Power Jet™ Instant Clog Remover releases a powerful jet of liquid that
literally blows that clog out of your pipes. It contains no harsh chemicals or CFCs and
is safe for all pipes. You can use it in the bathroom and kitchen sinks, bathtubs and showers.

It's supposed to do it in 3 seconds... we'll see...

Last edited:

ravenmerlita

I use Drano gel but I am looking for one of the hair catchers that have been mentioned on the board. These sit over the drain. That way I can get the hair before it becomes a clog.

envybeauty

I use Drano gel but I am looking for one of the hair catchers that have been mentioned on the board. These sit over the drain. That way I can get the hair before it becomes a clog.

I have one. You can easily get it from like Linens n Things or Bed Bath and Beyond.

Puddles

On Cloud 9
This IS actually hair related.

A lot of people have bath tub stoppers that
you have to twist up or down to open and close
and then some are lucky enough to have the
drain system where we can use the hair trapper
basket thingie...

What do you do when your drain gets clogged with hair
and the water drains slower than normal...
I think all women should know how to unclog it
aside from calling a plumber... or a SO or whatever...

I'm on my way to Home Depot to buy this:
http://www.liquidplumr.com/products/powerjet.html

Liquid-Plumr® Power Jet™ Instant Clog Remover releases a powerful jet of liquid that
literally blows that clog out of your pipes. It contains no harsh chemicals or CFCs and
is safe for all pipes. You can use it in the bathroom and kitchen sinks, bathtubs and showers.

It's supposed to do it in 3 seconds... we'll see...

[size=+0] I was just thinking about this this morning. Thanks for the info......I might give this a try.[/size]

Sistaslick

Before you pour any chemicals down your drain, please check out the Zip it. It keeps your drain clog free much longer than chemical liquids can, and it is much safer on your drains. There is no smell, and it works immediately.

I lost my wedding band some time ago, and looked high and low for it. One day, I was cleaning out the drain with my zip it, and I pulled out my wedding band! It was in a big nasty clog of hair! Imagine if I had poured drano in there, I would have never seen my band again. I've found all kinds of ponytail holders and everything else in the drain--sometimes it's not just hair y'all :lachen:

Zip it- thread

Anky's thread

Finding my long lost ring in the drain! My Testimonial pt 2 Pics included. :lachen:

Last edited:

Puddles

On Cloud 9
[size=+0] I have the zip-it. It won't work in my drain. My drain has a metal plate in it. The only thing that will fit in there is liquid. :ohwell:[/size]

Sistaslick

[size=+0] I have the zip-it. It won't work in my drain. My drain has a metal plate in it. The only thing that will fit in there is liquid. :ohwell:[/size]

My tub has one of those metal stoppers on the top that you can't take off (you can only twist it up then down) so I have to ease the zip it side ways there. Still works though. Now for the big shower, the drain there is too big for the zip it. You can like reach your whole arm up in there.:lachen:

Supergirl mentioned a hair catcher that she has that fits over the drain- I can't remember where she mentioned she got that kind from though. That might work for you better than the zip it. :yep:

SouthernTease

UPDATE:

So... I went to Home Depot and a lady that worked there...
(Black lady with long beautiful hair... I digress)

Said this stuff works the best... and a man there co-signed...

Instant Power Hair & Grease Drain Opener ...

I used googles & rubber gloves.... it's so corrosive it comes in
a plastic bottle and then a metal lid you have to cut out...
it was pretty scary...hopefully it works
It has to sit for an hour... tick tock tick tock....

I really want to do my Black "Banos de Color/Color Showers" tonight

Puddles

On Cloud 9
[size=+0] Yeah.....that might work. Thanks.

I'm gonna have to go find that....or it's the liquid stuff.
[/size]

Puddles

On Cloud 9
UPDATE:

So... I went to Home Depot and a lady that worked there...
(Black lady with long beautiful hair... I digress)

Said this stuff works the best... and a man there co-signed...

Instant Power Hair & Grease Drain Opener ...

I used googles & rubber gloves.... it's so corrosive it comes in
a plastic bottle and then a metal lid you have to cut out...
it was pretty scary...hopefully it works
It has to sit for an hour... tick tock tick tock....

I really want to do my Black "Banos de Color/Color Showers" tonight

[size=+0] Thanks.....Keep us posted....hopefully a little goes a long way.[/size]

SouthernTease

My tub has one of those metal stoppers on the top that you can't take off (you can only twist it up then down) so I have to ease the zip it side ways there. Still works though. Now for the big shower, the drain there is too big for the zip it. You can like reach your whole arm up in there.:lachen:

Supergirl mentioned a hair catcher that she has that fits over the drain- I can't remember where she mentioned she got that kind from though. That might work for you better than the zip it. :yep:

I should've waited for replies before going the chemical route...
ZIP IT... I'll try that
next time... good looking out!

You can get those hair catcher thingies from Wal Mart for under $5...
I bought one in my old apartment.... doesn't work in this house with
the metal twist stopper.

ceedeelight

My husband and I went out today to Lowes Home Imp. looking for something to unclog our drains. We saw the Zip It, but we ended up getting some long metal drain cleaner. We would have to buy 5 Zip It's, & since it's only good for one use. We wanted something we could use over & over for about the same cost.

tallygirl

I get several uses from a single Zip-It...After each use, I just take it outside and wash it off with my hose :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: I discard it when the "prongs" appear to show signs of bending...

My husband and I went out today to Lowes Home Imp. looking for something to unclog our drains. We saw the Zip It, but we ended up getting some long metal drain cleaner. We would have to buy 5 Zip It's, & since it's only good for one use. We wanted something we could use over & over for about the same cost.

Last edited:

poookie

at home i just use drano. the last time i got crafty and decided to pull the clumps of hair out with a long hook, i found a couple of these:

(silverfish)

i'd rather burn up and kill everything that goes down the drain, including my old hair, just to be safe.

Studio_gal

The best plug hole unblocker I've found is CLR Power Plumber. There are no chemicals. Its a pressurised canister, you attach a plunger type attachment to it. Shake it up, place it over the plughole (cover the overflow) and press down. It clears in 1 second. It causes a tiny explosion. Easy and fast to use.

Here's a link http://www.jelmar.com/CLRpowerplumber.htm

Allandra

I would never put any chemicals in any of my drains. I always use a hair catcher when I wash my hair. I've never had clogged drains.