Underprocessed ends!!!!

classi123

:ohwell: I recently took my hair out of an install ( I put one back in last week) and noticed that my ends are underprocessed. When I perm my hair (my mom does them) she is careful and doesnt touch my ends, to prevent overlapping. I am at about 1 month post and when I took my hair out I noticed how rough my ends are. So pretty much my hair strand is new growth/permed/new growth. I am trying to figure out the best way to get my ends with out overlapping the hair that is permed already. I am concerned now because while combing my hair, I am noticing more breakage(snagging). Any advice ladies?

I was thinking to keep up with my treatments and perm my hair like a virgin perm but I am scared that it might hurt more than help my hair. Ladies who has has similar situations what have you done? :yep:

ntm103

I have a similar problem, in my attempts to be texlaxed I have ended up with various textures because my hair has not processed the same each time. I have about half an inch of new growth, 2 inches of bone straight hair, 2 inches of texlaxed hair, followed by another 2 inches bone straight and finally 4 inches of texlaxed hair! I considered doing a corrective to make it all bone straight but there's no way of doing that without further processing the parts that are already relaxed straight and risking damage and breakage. I also definitely prefer the texlaxed hair, its thicker and looks healthier. I have gotten used to the different textures and think I will probably leave like that and switch to mild relaxer from next touch up to ensure I get the texture I want going forward.

Your situation is not as complicated as mine. You are in a position were you could correct the ends without overlapping onto the other hair. However I feel that correctives are always a bit risky, especially on the ends.

Good luck and let me know what you decide to do

WaistLengthDreams

I have a similar situation going on. And I've simply learned to live with it. My first attempt at self-relaxing I underprocessed my hair. I did do a corrective but my focus was on the front half of may hair, which meant that the back half was never corrected. I didn't realize it until several months later. So, it's too late to correct it without getting relaxer on the portions of my hair that are fine. So, I'm living with it.

You just have to be very gentle when you comb your hair. Slowly detangle your hair and don't force the comb through a snag. Patiently, work through the tangle with your comb. That should prevent the breakage that you are experiencing.

HTH!

Niece

I have a similar situation going on. And I've simply learned to live with it. My first attempt at self-relaxing I underprocessed my hair. I did do a corrective but my focus was on the front half of may hair, which meant that the back half was never corrected. I didn't realize it until several months later. So, it's too late to correct it without getting relaxer on the portions of my hair that are fine. So, I'm living with it.

You just have to be very gentle when you comb your hair. Slowly detangle your hair and don't force the comb through a snag. Patiently, work through the tangle with your comb. That should prevent the breakage that you are experiencing.

HTH!
I was wondering what to do if your hair has broken off where the different textures meet. It seems like everytime I relax I get a different texture. Is it possible to do a corrective a section at a time using foils, so not to get the relaxer on processed hair? Do you think it is possible, if not all my hair is going to break.

Thiends

Be very careful. I would say you should just grow out the uneven processing by processing properly from now on. After I ended up with very underprocessed hair combined with straight hair, (thanks to Curve Salon <--- terrible!), I went to a salon that tried to correct my hair by relaxing my whole head for a uniform result. Well, I got the uniform result. I also got 8" to 10" of overprocessed, breaking ends that I have been growing out since. If I could do it all over, I would have went to a salon more sensible than Curve Salon in the first place. If that was not an option, however, I would have just stuck with the underprocessed areas until I could grow them out. At least they weren't breaking the way the overprocessed areas of my hair tend to now.

lilikoi

I considered doing a corrective to make it all bone straight but there's no way of doing that without further processing the parts that are already relaxed straight and risking damage and breakage.

Your situation is not as complicated as mine. You are in a position were you could correct the ends without overlapping onto the other hair. However I feel that correctives are always a bit risky, especially on the ends.

If you're willing to have it all very straight/bone straight you might want to try BKT. The results are more dramatic on previously processed (e.g., texlaxed) hair (compare to results on virgin hair) and you would avoid the risk of damage. Also, it takes a lot longer (>9 months) to revert on texlaxed hair. It is possible that it might not revert at all.

Think about it.