underprocessed 4b hair

locabouthair

I was natural for about 4 years and then decided to relax again. which was a little over a month ago. My problem is that my hair doesn't look relaxed. The front is definitely underprocessed when I wash it the ends look natural, seriously. My hairdresser said that it would take a little while for my hair to get that straight because I was natural for so long. But I'm not paying $70 for a perm that makes my hair just look like a blow out you know? She used motions lye. I don't know if I should switch to another perm because I have no idea what perm would be best for my hair. It very coarse and thick, And I don't know if it's wise to switch relaxers and I'm not sure if the relaxer should go on the ends since it's a little underprocessed. I know overlapping is a no no. Please help me ladies. I'll appreciate any advice. Can anyone recommend a relaxer. TIA.

shunta

Cosigning with the previous poster. From what Ive heard on this board about Motions lye is that it sucks!! Its left sooo many people underprocessed. That is the problem, my dear. There is a fellow LHCF member by the name of Lonei who just switched from Motions lye cuz she had the same problem. Maybe you should PM her, oh and BTW, her hair is goooorgeous!

Last edited:

locabouthair

Thanks ladies. But if i switch to another relaxer. wont the ends still be underprocessed. im tyring to fifgure out what to do so that i wont get damage by overlapping.

crlsweetie912

You will probably need a corrective relaxer. This would def. have to be done by a professional to get the right result. If the hairdresser is one that you trust, you should go back to her and explain that you need another brand of relaxer, if not, inquire from someone you trust who has a stylist and who has healthy hair.

caribeandiva

Human being
i use motions lye and it leaves me underprocessed every time, no matter how long i leave it in there. i just thought my hair was too resistant and hopeless. now i'm looking for a new brand. i hear TCB is good for resistant hair. i'll look into that.

p.s. there's another post about relaxers here already. i'll bump it up for you.

shunta

locabouthair said:
Thanks ladies. But if i switch to another relaxer. wont the ends still be underprocessed. im tyring to fifgure out what to do so that i wont get damage by overlapping.
Yes, they will still be underprocessed. But, some people have done corrective relaxers, which is relaxing the whole head again. Personally, Ive never done it, but some ladies on the board have. If you do decide to do a corrective, wait a few weeks.

locabouthair

shunta said:
Yes, they will still be underprocessed. But, some people have done corrective relaxers, which is relaxing the whole head again. Personally, Ive never done it, but some ladies on the board have. If you do decide to do a corrective, wait a few weeks.

thanks everyone. im about 5 weeks post relaxer. and i was trying to go for at least 8.

Catina72

I would get some cornrows put in for about 3-4 weeks. Rest hair for about a week and then put a relaxer back in. I used Motions lye and stayed underprocessed for years. I used Silk Elements lye last time. My vote is for that one. Good luck, chica!

locabouthair

Catina72 said:
I would get some cornrows put in for about 3-4 weeks. Rest hair for about a week and then put a relaxer back in. I used Motions lye and stayed underprocessed for years. I used Silk Elements lye last time. My vote is for that one. Good luck, chica!

yeah i heard good things about silk elements. i might give it a try. i wish i knew this about motions before i relaxed. now i have to start over again. :ohwell:

lonei

shunta said:
Cosigning with the previous poster. From what Ive heard on this board about Motions lye is that it sucks!! Its left sooo many people underprocessed. That is the problem, my dear. There is a fellow LHCF by the name of Lonei who just switched from Motions lye cuz she had the same problem. Maybe you should PM her, oh and BTW, her hair is goooorgeous!

You're so sweet, I Pmed her back, we are all here to help. Stay away from MOTIONS!!!!!!!!! I didnt do a corrective this time as that was a corrective I did with the motions 2 years ago and it made my bone straight hair frizzy!! I still have major underprocessed ends, I just relaxed the roots with ORS no-lye and they are much easier to handle. I'm looking for a new line to help deal with it, I'm thinking of Giovanni...

BerrySweet

I heard Motions does bad things. I used to use Optimum and it was fine. Braid it up-ultra moisturize and condition it, throw in some protein (lightlyyyy)! You may need a corrective relaxer-PM some ladies in your area to see if they could reccommend one. But be careful, it's very easy to go from under to overprocessed. I ususally add some oil or conditioner to my relaxer, and coat my hair in conditioner and oil right before. In the mean time print out the self relax tips and learn them, or make someone you trust learn them. Get your arsenal of pre and post relaxer products and read up on lye and no lye reviews.