UNUSUAL SPECIAL TIPS!

Mahalialee4

Years ago, I learned that for those who cannot stand the smell of paint, add a few drops of vanilla. I have tried this with my homemade wildgrowth and some of my hair oil concotions. It sure cuts the smell. Another tip: Add a couple of drops of lime or grapefruit essential oil and this will override just about anything. When I do my homemade garlic or asafatoeda conditioners, I add these ingredients to NEUTRALIZE THE ODOR, ( the same effect that baking soda or charcoal has in the refrigerator). Does any one have any other special tips that benefit the hair or use of hair products or tools?
Also I store my ingredients or recipes in tiny jelly jars in the fridge, so that they can be labelled and used before they get old. This way I can be creatively efficient and see at a glance what I really have and how long it should last me. This also makes excellent containers for gifts of "homemade balms for the feet or skin or hair that you might want to share". Bonjour.

Julia

Thanks for these tips Mahalialee4. I will definately be trying the vanilla and essential oils to combat some of the smells of my hair concoctions. I tried e/o of orange before but it was not strong enough. I never thought about grapefruit or lime.

Thanks again,

adrienne0914

thanks for the tips, but what if i can't stand the smell of vanilla? it just bugs me!
maybe i'll try the grapefruit or lime. there you go... diggin in my pocketbook again.