Update: 6 Month Stretch Result

saratess

Well ladies I got my relaxer today and I must say I was nervous and thought that I would have hair falling out everywhere. However, that was not the case and it turned out better than expected. I had about 3-5 inches of new growth in various places and I did not need a trim at all (thanks to my moisturizing routine). I must say I still do not like a fresh relaxer but I can deal. I have pics in my fotki. Thanks for the encouragement ladies!

Attachments

• lot18.JPG
    lot18.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 63

~*~ShopAholic~*~

:clapping: Congratulations, just like I thought, you retained everything. :cool:
ETA: your hair looks Gogeous, healthy, and sooooo shiny, I love fresh relaxer day, it's always flawless then w/o effort ;)

Last edited:

bubblebtm2

saratess said:
Well ladies I got my relaxer today and I must say I was nervous and thought that I would have hair falling out everywhere. However, that was not the case and it turned out better than expected. I had about 3-5 inches of new growth in various places and I did not need a trim at all (thanks to my moisturizing routine). I must say I still do not like a fresh relaxer but I can deal. I have pics in my fotki. Thanks for the encouragement ladies!
Saratess, your hair looks very nice and healthy. I love the shine. What was your moisturizing routine?

divinefavor

Your hair looks very healthy and shiny! You've done a great job at retaining length! Please share your moisture routine. :) Keep up the good work!

MiWay

:clapping: Your hair looks beautiful! What kind of relaxer did you use, and what was your moisturizing routine?

Shawnee66

Your hair looks good. Making me want to get a relaxer. I think we are hair twins. What relaxer did you use?

saratess

Thanks Ladies:

My moisturizing routine was the basic oiling of the ends every night with EQ mango butter and every so often with ORS olive oil. I also stopped using the curling irons or flat irons and only set under a dryer maybe 4 times within 6 months. I think the no heat helped alot with the shine. I also deep conditioned about every 3 weeks with olive oil and honey. The relaxer I used was Affirm.