Update on Relaxer Stretching....

RabiaElaine

I know i haven't been on for a while. Bad me :spank: !! I've been really busy. But I thought I would let you ladies know that. I am about 9 weeks into my second stretch and doing just fine. I'm actually going to get my hair relaxed on sunday for my cousin's wedding (which I am in). If it wasn't for the wedding I think I would try to go a bit longer. Anyway for the last week or so I have been two strand twisting my hair at night and then letting it out in the morning. I redo the twists every 2-3 days. This is all in an effort not to comb my hair too much. I have mainly been using my shower comb when I twist the hair. I am experiencing minimal shedding!

Everyone at my job LOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS my hair like this. They think this style is the best thing since sliced bread :lachen: ha! The CEO of my company even touched my hair, because he was sooooooo intrigued! Anyway I'm so happy that I've been able to stretch 2 times now to 9 weeks each . Next stretch I'm going for 12 weeks that would be amazing for me, 3 months without a relaxer!!!

Anyway I'm very happy and I wanted to thank you for all of your love and support muah!!

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
Congrats on your stretching. I'm right there with you on my 11th week, so far so good. I was supposed to get a relaxer next week but I think I will hold out 4 more weeks !! :grin:

NewlyNature12

Good job stretching...I usually go about 12 weeks, but that is my max. Last time I went 17 weeks and it did way more damage than good, so I'm glad that I know my limits. Let us know how it turns out!

California

Camille429 said:
Good job stretching...I usually go about 12 weeks, but that is my max. Last time I went 17 weeks and it did way more damage than good, so I'm glad that I know my limits. Let us know how it turns out!

How did it do more harm than good? What were you doing? TIA :)

Ashee

Congrats!! I'm in my 15th week post-relaxer.....
I'll be washing tonight & I'll see how it all went... :look:

Mizani_Mrs

Congrats to you!!! I'm in my 8th week and I really don't plan to get one until probably another 4 weeks. I am still wearing my hair out every day. From trying different recommended drying methods, I just figured out that blow-drying on low and using a roundbrush is a MUST for those who stretch (or at least for me). Also my caruso steamrollers is an absolute must for giving me pretty curls without heat-damage. :)

BMoreFlyy

Congrats to you!!! I'm in my 9th week too. This is my first time and I must say it wasn't too bad :) I'm getting a perm tomorrow though since I'm going out of town.

NewlyNature12

California said:
How did it do more harm than good? What were you doing? TIA :)

Excessive breakage and shedding that no Aphogee or protein could stop. So even though I'm spacing out the number of relaxers I get in a year, which is a good thing, the breakage and shedding I get from waiting just sets me back more. Does that make sense?