Updated album with pics of hair products!

OMG now I KNOW I don't need to buy anything for a very very very long time.

I just did a big throw out approx 6 weeks ago and this is my 'parred down' stash /images/graemlins/blush.gif

And there's approx 3 things that I've not even tried yet! lol!!!! I think I could open a little salon now. ps. speaking of which, I finally found a D salon that's walking distance from home (just 5 mins away!). Went today and they did a good job. (A tiny salon comprising of Mother and Daughter only as the stylists!). I'll def. go back. They used the same grey rollars I used and used the products I brought (paid $18) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pebbles

Henrilou, you do have a little stash there! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
You should join NayNay, Valleygirl and myself and not buy any products until February of 2003. It's not that far away. I have so many products I could go longer without purchasing anything, but I won't do that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Not buying anything until February is torture enough! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Yes I can definitely say no more products for months! I don't need any and whatever is 'the next best thing' will have to just wait till I get through this stack lol!!! Its made me realize I have quite a few good products anyway so to just enjoy what I already have you know?

btw, its BRH who posted this thread /images/graemlins/wink.gif

pebbles

Oh Lord,
BRH, I knew it was you!! I don't know why I typed Henrilou's name! /images/graemlins/blush.gif please forgive me. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

keylargo

brownrelaxed hair,
your hair looks awesome! it's grown quite a bit since Aug. honestly, do you really use all of those products regularly or do you have a few favorites that you mostly use. what's your routine?

Robin41

Your hair is gorgeous! It looks so healthy, which is always my goal. I really like the curly look on you. I heard a lot of negative comments about Ripple Effect but it looks like it worked on your hair.

And yes, girl, you have a lot of hair stuff but as long as what you're using is working, it's worth it.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

caramelbarbie

<font color="blue"> Your hair looks amazin BRH!
Now you got me considering trying Ripple Effect. Would your recommend it? how many products did you have to buy to get it to work??? Did it dry out your hair?? I have no natural curl pattern so I was wondering if it would work on my 4a relaxed hair. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

LondonDiva

BRH your hair is looking (as always) /images/graemlins/smile.gif My current length is what yours was in August. Your 3 month growth period is amazing. Looks like you got a full inch a month. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks that way.

KeyLargo:

I have a core set of products that I'll use for say a month. Last month it was L'anza Protein Plus shampoo (which I ALWAYS use now. My staple shampoo) plus Mizani Moisturefuse mixed with olive oil. Now I'm doing Lanza and Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal. I'll use it for this month and see how I like it. So far so good. My routine is to usually do a pre oil treatment of virgin olive oil left on hair for approx 1 hour then I'll wash/condition and rollar set. At the moment I'm using Motions Nourish In leave in but I usually put some Kiehls Silk Groom in too. I love this product. Then I rollar set and wrap when dry. I wash it approx twice a week although I'll do a conditioner-only rinse after going to the gym to remove sweat from the scalp, pin it in a bun, then when I get home I'll wash/condition as normal. I use protein conditioners once a month-ish and also l'anza deep cleansing shampoo(clarifying) once a month too. My all time fave conditioners are Motions Moisture Plus and Mizani so far. If I don't do the pre oil treatment then I'll mix olive oil in with my conditioner. I use a *little* olive oil on my ends only in btw washes.

CaramelBarbie:

I love Ripple Effect in the summer time. I wash/condition then apply Kiehls Silk Groom all over. I have to use Kiehls first or the hair dries with frizzes. Then I squirt R.E. all over, scrunching the hair with my hands. I let it air dry, scrunching every now and then. That's it! The hair dries curly. At nights I sleep with hair on crown of head held with a scrunchie and tied with a satin scarf. In the morning I 're-activate' the curls with a little water and then scrunch, letting it air dry. Sometimes I'll spritz more R.E. in. The look lasts approx 2 days. 3 max then I have to start again. I don't find it drying. I never used a dryer, just airdried. The Kiehls is the key factor to help the hair stay moisturized without frizzing or looking dried out. On me, R.E.looks crap without using it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

hairfanatic

Brownrelaxedhair,

Your hair is really doing great! Now you know I was checking out your products. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tell me,

Are the Lanza products good? What is the stuff in the orange looking bottle (see how nosey I am)? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hairfanatic,

I cannot say enough about L'anza. Like I said before on this board, I got introduced to their protein plus shampoo via a previous hair stylists rec. She kept raving about it and I got it. I'm so glad I did. It just leaves the hair feeling very clean, smooth and healthy. Its benefits are cumulative so you notice the hair gets better and better. read www.lanza.com and click on 'hair repair' to read more about it. The ingredients in this shampoo are very impressive too. I converted Tracy from this board onto it and its now her staple shampoo /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I also have (pictured) the deep cleansing poo for monthly clarifying.Love it too. I've also used their 'straight line' shampoo (a sample size) which elongates/straightens out re-growth. I was really impressed and plan on getting it for those weeks just before touch ups to smoothen out re-growth because it works.

I just bought the L'anza Reconstructor which is half price at a salon by my work place. Its recce'd to be used after the protein plus poo so I'll work that in when my regime changes. I also have L'anza's Moisture Treatment but used it so long ago I can't remember how good it was so I'll try that some time again. For me, l'anza is consistently excellent on my hair and I'd never have used it had that stylist not mentioned it.

The orange bottle is Kerastaste Oleo Relax shampoo. I've yet to use this. It apparently leaves the hair ultra smooth because of the silicones in it. (I like silicones, they don't have an adverse affect on me). Only thing is I just noticed the 2nd ingredient is an SLS so I'm in no rush to try it.

Hope this helps. LMK what catches your eye from lanza if anything /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kitkat

BRH, as always your hair looks absolutely wonderful! I can see what you mean about the products - you can operate a store right from you own home! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously though, you are definitely an inspiration to all of us. Your hair looks really healthy and shiny. Keep up the good work! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Valerie

BRH
Your hair has really grown, it looks great, I love the shine, would you recommend L'anza, my hair is natural at the moment.

Hello Valerie!!

I don't know how l'anza works with natural hair. I'm sure its fine but being a relaxed head, I can only say it performs on relaxed heads.

Why not call them for some samples? I did /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ps. read my thread to hairfanatic about l'anza.

hairfanatic

Brownrelaxedhair,

Thank you so much for the product recommendation. I went on the site and the Straight Line Product is to straighten curly hair. Since I do the press and curl, this line sounds like it could be really good for my hair. The line you use and the dry hair line also sounds really good. Oh well, it's off to add to my huge collection of shampoos and conditioners. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I am going to go to the salon store and give it a try. I think my hair is getting to the point where it needs stronger products now.

I forgot to ask, what is the price range of the shampoo and conditioner?

free2bme

Hi BrownRelaxed,

I am so tempted to try the Lanza Be Long line. Their website is very informative and very interactive. How much are their products? I just need to start finishing up some of my many products. How did you get the samples, thru the website?

caramelbarbie

Re: John Frieda relax

<font color="blue"> Thanks for your responce. Now I just need to make sure what I need to get.....just the silk groom and R.E.
I might end up buying the whole John Frieda relax line if I don't condition myself before I go to the beauty supply store.
Have you tried anything else from the relax line?? like that serum????

Lita

Hair looks great. L'anza makes very good product's. Last year i used the leave in and loved it but, I'am a pj at heart. Happy Hair Growing!

Hi free2beme,

The products aren't cheap. The protein plus shampoo is approx $9.99. Same with the deep cleansing one. The reconstructor comes in a much smaller size but is also $9 although a store by my office sells it right now for $4! (they've got the leave in and reconstructor on sale) so I picked up one. The store is like 44th btw Lex and 3rd Ave. Contact me if you want more specifics on where this store is. Another place that sells l'anza is off 5th Ave, just off Henri Bendels, that corner there...

I called up l'anza from the no. listed in the website and I asked for them to send me samples based on my hair type plus what I was interested in.

hairfanatic,

My protein plus poo is $9.99. The deep cleansing poo is actually $6.99 (just checked my bottle). The reconstructor is approx $9 too but is in a much smaller size (half the content) so is actually quite expensive for the amount you get.

I def like the straight line for regrowth days. It really does make the regrowth softer and just a smoother match to the relaxed part of the hair. At least on me it does, elongating the waves &amp; curls. Try asking for a sample of it maybe off the site to try out? (there's a no. you can call). I've not tried the straight line conditioner. Only the poo.

CarmelBarbie,

I've only tried the R.E. from the Relax Line. I have enough serums right now to keep me busy /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I hope the Kiehls s groom works out for you too. I personally HAVE to use it together with R.E. Being the groom is so expensive, why not pop into a dept. store and ask for a sample of it first to try? (as you can see I'm Miss Sample Queen based on me telling everyone else the same thing lol!!!).

free2bme

Thanks Brownrelaxed. I really look forward to trying them. I will definately keep you posted.

kasey

Last week I emailed Lanza for samples of their dry hair and hair repair treatments and they sent them right away. But I haven't used them yet. --kc