Using Brushes

AsTheCurlzTurns

Hey ladies, I've seen many mentions of brushes in several posts. And I'm wondering what are ya'll's preferences in using a brush and the kind. So far I've only seen mentions of a denman or a boar brush, so which is the best to have in one's hair journey? I went searching through google to see some of these brushes, but good lawd, it's sooo many, so I'd like to get a couple suggestions from you ladies, keep in mind though, I'm transitioning to natural and any feedback will be wonderful! HHG! :)
TIA

nappity

I use the denman3 h with hair saturated in conditioner.I only use it to detangle on sopping wet hair cause the denman can tear hair if you are not careful. I rarely brush my hair but when i need the fromt to lay down I use a natural boar bristle brush- It wont feel like the synthetic brushes- but youll get used to the light feel and it wont rip out your hair as most other brushes do. Since you are transitioning- you really want to be very gentle cause of the different textures on your hair. HTH

AsTheCurlzTurns

Thanx for the response. That sounds like a good idea, but currently I do not use a brush in my hair at all simply due to what you stated about the different textures. Right now, for the back of my hair i just use a lil Fantasia IC gel to lay it down some and slap a headband on, but I know as the NG keeps on growing that method isn't going to keep working for me due to it being thick LOL. So I knew a brush was going to be necessary one way or the other LOL