Using Curl Wax on Roots when Flatironing

SohoHair

I'm planning on washing tonight and flat ironing just the roots. I'm 15 weeks post touchup and have big plans for this weekend, so my scruffy bedhead look I've been rocking for months is not gonna fly. :look: I never have any problem straightening my NG with the flatiron, my problem is reversion! As the days pass it just slowly gets puffier and puffier and soon it looks:eek: . I already use Keracare's Silken Seal blowdrying complex as my heat protectant/serum, but I'm thinking about adding a dab of curl wax at the roots to prevent reversion.

Ladies who do this, do you apply the curl wax before or after your heat protectant? Does it really keep your hair straight and sleek for days? Anything negative to report??

Candiss

I think that Kristinna (spelling?) who is natural, uses a dab of red marcel wax on the roots before flat ironing and this keeps it from converting. But if you use too much, it can take the swing away becasue it's so heavy.

crlsweetie912

I used to use that red marcel wax whenever I flat ironed or curled. I like it but it can build up very quickly and you have to clarify after. Now if I wasn't blowfrying my hair every other day it would have been ok. Plus you should use it sparingly!

lana

I would suggest oil instead. The marcel wax is really thick and in my opinion it causes build up. Just a light oil on your hair should work. I'm a 4a natural and this helps if I'm trying to keep my hair straight after using my maxiglide. A light oil will prevent reversion but still allow my hair to have body and swing.

Zahrah

I used Mizani curling wax on Sunday. It left my hair straight, shiny, I still have curls. It looks freshly relaxed. I only used a dab.

SohoHair

Sweetalmondeyes said:
I used Mizani curling wax on Sunday. It left my hair straight, shiny, I still have curls. It looks freshly relaxed. I only used a dab.

Where did you buy this? I went to Sally's and they had no curling wax, the lady I spoke to looked at me like :confused: when I asked if they carried any.

I checked a few drugstores and just ended up buying the Chi Silk Infusion Serum (I see you navsegda!!!:lachen: I remember a post where you said it kept your hair from reverting) and a pomade by Loreal Natures Therapy or something, I forget the exact name. I'm prepooing right now so I"ll see how it all goes and report back.