Using more than one leave-in at a time?

angellazette

Does anyone use more than one leave in on wash day? For instance, using two that compliment each other. Do you apply them one at a time, or mix them together?

Last edited:

candibaby

If I use IC Leave-In Strengthener I always follow with a little Elasta QP H-Two because the IC has a lot of protein in it.

sylver2

I use a ton of leave ins. My hair is extremely thick, so i like my hair to be real tame and flat.... almost kind of weighed down.
After I wash, I condition, then i use
John Frieda frizz ease serum, then I use Rusk smoother leave in, then I use lacio Lacio leave in, then i dry and use jojoba oil then I use NTM silk Touch leave in and NTM serum.
All of it was a godsend when I was streching so I just kept on using everything.

angellazette

sylver2 said:
I use a ton of leave ins. My hair is extremely thick, so i like my hair to be real tame and flat.... almost kind of weighed down.
After I wash, I condition, then i use
John Frieda frizz ease serum, then I use Rusk smoother leave in, then I use lacio Lacio leave in, then i dry and use jojoba oil then I use NTM silk Touch leave in and NTM serum.
All of it was a godsend

Whoa that is a lot of leave ins! I was just talking about two and a serum! Your hair is beautiful though :) So you obviously layer your products...have you tried mixing them to cut down on the application time?

sylver2

angellazette said:
Whoa that is a lot of leave ins! I was just talking about two and a serum! Your hair is beautiful though :) So you obviously layer your products...have you tried mixing them to cut down on the application time?

Thanks
No, I never mix them because I have a special way of applying each and every one of them on my hair. each one is applied different. E.g.
When hair is wet use Rusk on ends, Lacio in middle and front, etc etc
after hair is dry, jojoba on the ends and roots, NTM silk on pieces, ntm serum all over

senimoni

sylver2 said:
Thanks
No, I never mix them because I have a special way of applying each and every one of them on my hair. each one is applied different. E.g.
after hair is dry, jojoba on the ends and roots, NTM silk on pieces, ntm serum all over
Wow..you have it down to a science....maybe aimlessly pooring stuff on my head is the problem.

secretdiamond

This is great!!! I was always confused when people would say one leave-in was their favorite and then on another thread say another one was...

But DUH!!! You can use more than one! I was searching for so long on how to settle on the perfect leave-in (which is why I don't have one yet), but now I know I can use ALL of them!!!! :yep:

angellazette

senimoni said:
Wow..you have it down to a science....maybe aimlessly pooring stuff on my head is the problem.

Yes she does! The two I want to use together are to combat frizz and help straighten the hair so I'm sure I"ll end up using both all over.

isawstars

i'm glad to see this thread! i thought i was over doing leave ins...

i use bed head's ego boost when my hair is wet. when my hair is damp i'll apply Kera Care's leave in (which is a good detangler) and comb my hair... and sometimes i'll use garnier's long & strong "leave-in treatment" when my hair's dry...

Honey01

I do. No more than two. I mix a dime size of each in my palm an distribute through the length. It used to be because I'm such a product junkie and was a way to get rid of product. But nowadays it because I like my little "cocktails" to peform different functions, i.e frizz control, shine, relax /loosen roots, etc.

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Well I usually use at least 3 leave-ins on wash days or else my hair will dry out prettty quickly! My usual suspects are Olive Oil, NTM silk touch, NTM serum & ORS Olive Oil on the ends, Loreal Smooth Intense Leave-In :love: :love:.

PatTodd

I use olive oil, Wild Growth oil, Fantasia IC, Hollywood Beauty Carrot Creme and a little bit of Liv mixed with gel to hold down my 21 weeks post wig :eek: .

goldensugar23

I use lacio lacio,hair organics hair mayo..or my new find nioxin silk elixer on wet hair.Ntm leave-in cream and biolage leave-in tonic on dry hair(great combo when your stretching a relaxer).

Jewell

I use more than one leave-in at a time in the following order (I apply one at a time):

-Motions Nourish Leave-In
-NTM Sheer Hydration Leave-In Foam
-NTM Silk Touch Leave In Cream
-Dabur Vatika Oil (not a leave in, but I use it after my leave ins to seal in moisture)

miracle

I always use two leave-ins when doing a rollerset. A creamy leave-in (either Lacio Lacio, Salerm 21, At One or Empress Moisture Retaining), followed by a liquid leave-in (Back To Basics Sunflower or Razac) as a setting agent.

sylver2 said:
Thanks

What is NTM and Rusk? Are they difficult to find? :confused:

sylver2

brownhaired_bonanza said:
What is NTM and Rusk? Are they difficult to find? :confused:

hey. NTM is Neutrogena Triple Moisture, it can be found in most drugstores like CVS, Target, Walmart, duane reade etc etc

Rusk is usually found in salon product only stores such as ulta
I use Rusk Sensories Smoother aloe & Texturizing leave in conditioner