Using Oil To Flat Iron Hair?

curlytwirly06

So I bought Anabelle's perfect blend blow dry creme to use as a heat protectent before blow drying. I will follow up a dab of CHI silk infusion before flat ironing. Here are the ingredients to the blow dry creme:

Ingredients: Prunus Persica (Peach) Kernel, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean(Glycine Soja) Oil, Orbignya Oleifera (Babassu) Seed Oil Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Fragrance\

I really love her stuff and use it exclusively but I am confused because I thought it was bad to have oil in your hair before using a heat appliance for risk of frying your hair. The instructions say that it can be used with any heat appliance. Help?

ForestRose

I alot of people avoid oil because it makes the hair stiff. The hair doesn't move and flow once the process if complete. I've never heard of hair frying before.

curlytwirly06

I alot of people avoid oil because it makes the hair stiff. The hair doesn't move and flow once the process if complete. I've never heard of hair frying before.
Okay, thanks for answering! I've never heard of stiff hair but you dont think it will make my hair burn?

ForestRose

Okay, thanks for answering! I've never heard of stiff hair but you dont think it will make my hair burn?
Maybe try the straight natural thread? I don't straighten my hair often enough to give an accurate answer but I do know a bit science wise to be pretty sure that the oil won't heat the hair any higher than the flat iron temperature currently being used. Then again I'm not a thermodynamics expert lol

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Some of my best flat iron jobs involved oil. I would just go light on it to be on the safe side. Oil can make straight hair look stringy and heavy if you use too much