Using up old shampoo?

monikr

I know there are about 50 different ways to tweak old conditioners that didn't make the cut (add EOs for a DC, use for detangling, etc.), but what about failed shampoos? I've collected a ton of shampoo that didn't work for one reason or another, but I can't bring myself to throw away. :wallbash:

What do you ladies do with your old bottles?

MummysGirl

Wash the bathtub, sink, etc.... that's what I did with a huge Suave Humectant shampoo bottle I didn't want.
OR
You can dilute with water and/or mix with oils and still shampoo with the resulting mix.

Leeda.the.Paladin

I've been using an old bottle of shampoo to clean up after myself in the shower. Let me explain:

DH is always falling and slipping in the tub after I cowash or oil rinse, whatever. So I just get some diluted shampoo and and squirt in on the floor of the shower after I'm done washing my hair to get rid of some of the buildup.

I've also heard of people adding oils to their shampoos.

If they are unopen bottles, you may be able to donate them to a local women's or homeless shelter.

Allandra

Some folks use up unwanted shampoo for:

shaving legs
hand wash hosiery
bubble bath
washing combs and brushes

Curlybeauty

I use mine to wash combs and brushes..and when i do, I just use obscene amounts of it to make the process go by a little bit quicker!

msa

I agree that if you have unopened bottles you should donate them to a shelter or your local food bank.

Otherwise, you can use them to wash your body, shave, or clean the shower (I do that a lot).

Naturel

Also how old shampoo has to be old in order to be bad? I have a Mizani shampoo that I have for 5 years.

Sly

I use clarifying shampoos to clean the metal hair catchers when they clog up from frequent use of conditioners.

xcuzememiss

Otherwise, you can use them to wash your body, shave, or clean the shower (I do that a lot).

BUT IF WE DONT WANT TO USE THE SHAMPOOS ON OUR HAIR B?C OF THE SULFATES WHY WOULD WE USE THEM ON OUR BODY???? That really doesnt make sense to me...:ohwell:

monikr

Thanks for all of your ideas!!! I just tried using some organix to rinse out my workout tank... so far so good.