Using what worked for us pre natural hair movement part 3.5

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Did anyone want to try an experiment with me?

I have slowly been adjusting my regimen to contain 50%+ or more products from before 2015. Some products have been discontinued but I’ve been trying to find replacements. It’s fun to try all of this new stuff but they are just not hittin like they used to. I thought this could help me with product junkisim too. I was questioning why I stopped using thing that works (provided they are still around)

Anyone want to go back a bit in hair care time and go back to some staples of yesteryear or at least find dupes of some of their old faves?

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Which product will be the first step back in time? Meaning, which product are you looking to go back to using?

MzSwift

Lurking!!
There is one older staple product that I have been trying desperately to replace bc it is discontinued and that's Motion CPR (in the bottle). :cry4:
It left my hair feeling strong but was gentle enough that I didn't have to follow it up w a moisturizing DC.
I keep lurking the protein and PJ threads to see if I can get some good suggestions. So I'll be lurking here too :)

Almost all of the products in my stash, I have been using since 2009-2010.

Rastafarai

Will be following this thread. Would love to find older products but either they are discontinued or the formula changed. Things like Elasta QP Mango Butter, the original MNT, original Salerm and Nexxus products, Lacio Lacio, Suave Milk and Honey Condish, Aubrey Organics, and so many others I came across and my hair loved just ceased to exist. Not to mention some of my old time homemade lines (‘till this day nothing can replace MyAshas hair products!), I just mostly now stick to professional lines to not be disappointed.

And let’s not forget that products are one thing but LHCF methods were everything. Like the baggie method, always protecting our ends, tea rinses, daily or weekly condish washes, use of Ayurvedic hair products, etc. I miss those days of length checks and finding all types of ways to protective style!

Thank you for creating this thread.

Evolving78

All professional/salon quality products specifically created for black hair when I was relaxed. If I ever went back to a relaxer, I would go to a professional only. I would not do that at home. But I believe my hair and scalp has changed, so I don’t think a relaxer would be a good idea anymore.

Theresamonet

I think I commented this before in one of these threads, but I’ve been rediscovering old (favs for a few years now. It’s been going well.

Some revisits that have become staples again are: Aphogee 2 step, Aphogee 2 minute, Rusk Sensories Smoother leave-in, Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo, Keracare Humecto DC.

This year I’m going to try MTG as a growth aid for the first time. Better 2 decades late than never. lol

I wish I could find a good old school daily moisturizer that works for my hair. But mostly everything that I used to like is gone.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
My PJ hoard/stash is massive yet I keep going back to the same few staples I've been using for years. So I'm going to dedicate the next year or so to use up, declutter, or give away items until I'm down to my OG HG products.

There are a few products that I've never been able to find an actual replacement for but I have acceptable alternatives. I am looking for a go to 'C' for the LOC method.