Vatika Oil-I Think I Accidently Stumbled on Something!

LocksOfLuV

WomanlyCharm said:
O.k., I'm definately going to give Vatika oil a try...I'd been eyeing a product that has the same ingredients as the Vatika Oil, but it costs 45 dollars! Here it is:

VIEW ALL PRODUCTS BY Global Goddess Shine Coconut Amla Revitalizing Hair Treatment
For shiny, thick locks women in India rub it in! Amla that is! This 'divine' fruit, also known as Indian Gooseberry, is one of the richest natural sources of vitamin C. Just a touch of this extract brings a natural shine, soft texture and rejuvenated health to your lifeless locks. Hair strength is enhanced with anti-oxidant rich grape seed and neem oils, while coconut oil and henna make each strand shine. It's a miracle for your mane - and don't forget your body -- rub in any leftovers for touchable skin softness!

I'm so glad I don't have to buy this...it's amazing the deals you'll find at the indian stores! :grin:

Global Goddess nun bumped their damn heads!!! 45 dollars?!:eek:

SohoHair

I've posted about my results with Vatika oil a couple of times but I'll sing it's praises anytime someone let's me.:lachen:

I've been using it consistently for about 6 weeks, applying it to my scalp every night, massaging it in, and paying particular attention to my edges and right temple which were very thin. I now have loooooong, dark, thick hairs growing there. This is an area that has been damaged for years due to microbraids and even with all the babying I've done for it over the past year (I even tried MN with no success)n I had only seen moderate progress. My mother, aunts and even uncles have noticed and commented on the difference. I am also now getting thick silky sideburns which I've never had in my life, even as a child. :eek:

Vatika oil is AMAZING and full of Ayurvedic herbs that promote healthy strong hair growth. I love it and it's an absolute hands-down staple.:yep:

Sistaslick

Vatika and amnol . . . thats my stuff. :yep: I've been using it just about since the start of my hair journey. Definitely a staple for me.

EishBuhgeish

I mix whats left of my coconut oil with vatika and emu oil and use it to oil my scalp, belive it or not, its pretty light...doesnt wear my hair down at all. Anyway- my hair has been growing like a weed. Its like I've been oil my scalp with mn or something, minus the dryness that mn gives you. I'm a big fan of vatika as well!

God's Anointed

I have this oil and i guess now i will be using it on my edges to see if they will start to fill in again. They started thinning out and so did my nape so i'll give this a try for about 2 months and see how this goes. I think i'll add peppermint oil to my Vatika though.

baglady215

gorgeoushair said:
How much are ya'll paying for it in the stores? How much are ya'll paying for it online?

I found it locally for $4.99.

I am loving this oil for my hair. It's like coconut oil on steroids. :lol:

LaNecia

Sistaslick said:
Vatika and amnol . . . thats my stuff. :yep: I've been using it just about since the start of my hair journey. Definitely a staple for me.

That Amnol is the bomb but hard to find locally. =( Oh well, I ventured back to the Vatika again, going to give it the ole' college try one mo' 'gin.

Dual

Oh Lord, I just found a website I can order this stuff from close to me in the UK.

I didnt want to be a PJ but its seems Ive caught the bug!

Where Am I gonna store all of this stuff!

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I'm going to bump this thread. :grin:

This thread is so informative. I'm making a purchase from eastwestbazaar.com right now. I love the bangles too. :)

The Girl

WomanlyCharm said:
O.k., I'm definately going to give Vatika oil a try...I'd been eyeing a product that has the same ingredients as the Vatika Oil, but it costs 45 dollars! Here it is:
oh wow better stock up before it goes up like I hear mtg did huh?

P

patient1

The creator of that Goddess Oil is Indian.

What a smart cookie!!! She's like folks who sell 50 buck shea butter products to those who were too stuffy to enter an African grocer.

She's definitely marketing that to those who never heard of Vatika (and probably think that's a Black woman's name!!), wouldn't bother to search, and wouldn't feel comfortable going to an Indian grocer. 45 bucks for the convenience!!

p1

Cleve_gryl

I just bought a 10 oz bottle for 4.99 a couple days ago!! So far, I really love this oil. Its nice and light, and it leaves my hair really soft and shiny :D I will definately keep on using to see how much hair starts sproutin!!

BTW, the smell does not bug me at all. I kind of like it...I've smelled waaaay worse.

aprilj

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. I've been OD'ing on it for 2wks now :D . This is definitely a keeper for me.

dreysonsmommy2011

I'm trying to narrow down my products but with all the great reviews posted I went to my local Indian Store and purchased some vatika oil $5.99, Amla oil $1.69, and some Shikakai $3.99. Now to take these braids out and see what all the rave is about:grin:

Nefertiti0906

I ran into a couple of Indian ladies at the Indian store who use it. When I asked them what they thought about it, they were raving about it :)

I asked them how they used it. They said it was the best oil they ever used. They normally soak their hair in it, cover their head with a scarf overnight, and then wash it out in the morning. They said it made they hair very smooth and silky. Sometimes they put it through their hair during the daytime.

Naphy

I just bought some Vatika oil yesterday and I can't wait to use it on my hair (after removing my braids). I will pre-poo over night and rinse out in the morning.
I think it would be more effective, like what you said nefertiti0906 ^^

Qetesh

I bought some of this with some henna and alma oil last week from the local indian grocery.

i dont really like the smell so i havnt used it too much on my hair yet... but with all these raves i am going to have to suck it up and use it more often, i made myself an essential oil blend to thicken up my sides but after reading this i may alter that with the Vatika oil.

mscocoface

This stuff is wonderful. I have also put some sulfer in it and use it as an orderless MTG.

I really like using it. I am finding I am using more of the Indian products for my hair than other commerical products.

They just seem to be helping and I see the results and like what I see.

I use all the powders in paste form or as a tea to rinse my hair, I will even put some of the products in my daily spritz.

stinastina

I bought this stuff on accident a while ago because I wanted the free bar of honey saffron soap attached to it. Then last week I ran out of my favorite leave-in (Lacio) and decided to use it. Honestly, I don't care for the smell, but the first thing I noticed was that it straightens out my hair. I think it will make a real good leave-in for roller sets and I'm going to try it this weekend. I like how it makes my hair soft and silky and I'm going to track and see how fast my hair grows on it.

alexstin

Well, I guess I'm gonna have to pull this out again! I hate the old coffee smell but I really want to thicken my edges.

Miss*Tress

I'm hairy enough, but my nape is about 0.5 inches shorter than the rest so I just may give this a shot. Thanks for the tip LocksOfLuv. :up:

stinastina

I am. I just did a roller set with it last night. My hair came out pretty straight. I only flat ironed a few spots at low heat. For some reason the smell is not strong after the roller set.