Vatika Oil-I Think I Accidently Stumbled on Something!

Yeah when I got mine it was hard as a rock. I just took a cup of water, but it in the microwave to get it boilinghot, sit the Vatika Oil bottle in it and I let it sit for 5-6 minutes (or until melted). But the killer part is I have to do this everytime. I will VWVixen's technique too. :)

You're welcome!!

Keep in mind, it's still going to solidify but the effort to liquify will be less, warm/hot tap water will suffice. ;)

VWVixxen said:
I use a color applicator bottle, I usually transfer about 2-3 ounces at a time.

Liquify it all FIRST, shake and then put a lesser amount in the bottle of your choice. Using a smaller amount will require less time to warm it up. When you've run out, then simply reheat the original bottle and do it again.

This is exactly how I use it. The applicator bottle is waaaaaay better and it has the point so you don't have to go digging for anything and you can see the consistency of it in the applicator bottle.

Much better way to use it, highly recommended.

seraphinelle said:
I try every which way possible, I even write it out for them

LOL

I say va-ti-ka

vay-tee-ka

va-tee-ka

LMAO

Is there any other way?
I just find more often than not, people like to fukk with me in this country and act like they can't understand a simple north american accent.

this is the way i pronouce it too.:lol:

For those of you who pre-poo overnight, are you using it on dry hair or washing your hair, applying overnight and then washing again in the am?

I've seen this oil referenced in many threads, but never really read up on it until now. I'll be stopping by the local indian grocery store tomorrow after work. Thanks for the information, everyone!

LocksOfLuV said:
Okay I am not one to promote topical growth I don't have any before or after pics because like I said I never had problems with the hairline so why even take pics.

Pic of vatika oil:
vatika_250w.jpg

ETA:
Dabur Vatika Hair Oil Coconut Ingredients:
Coconut oil
Neem Leaves
Brahmi
Amla
Harar
Bahera
Kapurkachri
Henna
D.M Water
Cow milk
Rosemary Oil
Lemon oil
Perfume
Antioxidant - tert. Butyle hydroquinon

I got this today but I doesn't have the same ingredients listed here:confused:

yourleoqueen said:
For those of you who pre-poo overnight, are you using it on dry hair or washing your hair, applying overnight and then washing again in the am?
I have been soaking my dry hair with it overnight then washing.

I use Vatika oil as a part of my weekly DC regimine. I coat my scalp with it then slather a generous mixture of Nexxus Keraphix and Aussie Reconstructor on my hair, cover with a plastic cap, then sit under a heating cap for 30 minutes. When I rinse my hair, it allows the oil to rinse through my hair. I prefer using this method once a week instead of appling Vatika everyday (or every other day) resulting in constantly greasy hair.

Anybody else do this (or something like it)?

Originally Posted by LocksOfLuV
Okay I am not one to promote topical growth I don't have any before or after pics because like I said I never had problems with the hairline so why even take pics.

Pic of vatika oil:
vatika_250w.jpg

ETA:
Coconut oil
Neem Leaves
Brahmi
Amla
Harar
Bahera
Kapurkachri
Henna
D.M Water
Cow milk
Rosemary Oil
Lemon oil
Perfume

la flaca said:

Pic of vatika oil:
vatika_250w.jpg

ETA:
Coconut oil
Neem Leaves
Brahmi
Amla
Harar
Bahera
Kapurkachri
Henna
D.M Water
Cow milk
Rosemary Oil
Lemon oil
Perfume

OMG really? Did the bottle looks like this? I just restocked on the big bottle of this (it comes with a brush now) and it has the same ingredients.

la flaca said:

Pic of vatika oil:
vatika_250w.jpg

ETA:
Coconut oil
Neem Leaves
Brahmi
Amla
Harar
Bahera
Kapurkachri
Henna
D.M Water
Cow milk
Rosemary Oil
Lemon oil
Perfume

ugh oh what were the ingredients of yours?

I just bought this a week ago and have uesd it twice, so far so good. Surprisingly, the scent don't bother me. Mind you, i couldn't tolerate the scents of WGO, wonder 8 oil, and mo' body vitale essential oils. I guess this scent is far less overprowering than the others? Well anyway i read this whole thread LOL! My question is i read mentioning of two other oils alma and amnol oil. Is it safe to assume these are two different oils?

la flaca said:

Pic of vatika oil:
vatika_250w.jpg

ETA:
Coconut oil
Neem Leaves
Brahmi
Amla
Harar
Bahera
Kapurkachri
Henna
D.M Water
Cow milk
Rosemary Oil
Lemon oil
Perfume

Dabur Vatika Enriched Coconut Hair oil
Pure Coconut oil with Henna, Amla & lemon

Ingredients:
Henna
Amla dry fruit
Lemon oil
Brahmi plant
Neen leaves
Harar dry fruit
Bahera dry fruit
Kapurkachari Rhizome
Sugandhit Rhizome
Dugdha
Sugandhit Dravyas
Nariyal Tail

The bottle looks like this one

http://www.dabur.com/EN/products/personal_care/Hair_Care/Vatika/HairOil/

It's missing :eek: :mad: :confused:
D.M Water
Cow milk
Rosemary oil
Perfume

Last edited:
I looked up some of the questionable ingredients and it sounds like it would work as the other vatika oil would. Sounds pretty good:

Henna
Amla dry fruit
Lemon oil
Brahmi plant
Neen leaves
Harar dry frut-Tropical Almond
Bahera dry frut-The herb is also used as hair tonic – the oil removes graying, balding, makes the hair darker. (Make hair oil by boiling leaf juice in coconut oil).
Kapurkachari Rhizome-antiseptic-used for treatment of astha, aches, and pains
asthma and internal injury. Powder
of rhizome is used as an antiseptic
agent and as poultice for various
aches and pains
Sugandhit Rhizome-? all I could find "Herb with a pleasant, fragrant scent and a pungent taste"
Dugdha-milk
Sugandhit Dravyas-couldnt find anything except "aromatic drugs":confused:
Nariyal Tail-coconut oil

LocksOfLuV said:
I looked up some of the questionable ingredients and it sounds like it would work as the other vatika oil would. Sounds pretty good:

Henna
Amla dry fruit
Lemon oil
Brahmi plant
Neen leaves
Harar dry frut-Tropical Almond
Bahera dry frut-The herb is also used as hair tonic – the oil removes graying, balding, makes the hair darker. (Make hair oil by boiling leaf juice in coconut oil).
Kapurkachari Rhizome-antiseptic-used for treatment of astha, aches, and pains
asthma and internal injury. Powder
of rhizome is used as an antiseptic
agent and as poultice for various
aches and pains
Sugandhit Rhizome-? all I could find "Herb with a pleasant, fragrant scent and a pungent taste"
Dugdha-milk
Sugandhit Dravyas-couldnt find anything except "aromatic drugs":confused:
Nariyal Tail-coconut oil

Thanks, I was thinking about that as I was surfing the net looking for a new version or something, I guess I am just missing the rosemary oil :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

La flaca yours probably just the Indian version, so it will have only the indian name for the herbs. Mine is export quality and has the common name of the herbs and the indian name in brackets. Make sense?

I went to a local indian grocery after work and bought this. I talked to the cashier and told her about this website and how some of us are starting to use this for our hair, she seemed really intrigued because she asked what the website was called. During conversation she stated that she used this on her own hair so I asked her how she used it and she said "I pour this over my hair and massage my scalp all over. Make sure you microwave it a few seconds before you use it. I leave it in overnight and then wash it out in the morning. I'm not a spokesperson for this product, but believe me, you'll see the difference." Shoot, that was all I needed to hear! I'm going to use it as a pre-poo this weekend.

Last edited:
Aalize said:
La flaca yours probably just the Indian version, so it will have only the indian name for the herbs. Mine is export quality and has the common name of the herbs and the indian name in brackets. Make sense?

Yes, it does.......thanks:) We are gonna need some translators in here :lol:

Ok. This is my first review in all the products I have. I LOVEEEEEEE VATIKA OIL why I didn't get this before? Why I didn't know about it?:lol:

It's official Vatika oil & castor oil are staples forever:D

Thank you ladies my hair and I love ya'll:)

I just hopped on the Vatika Oil bandwagon and it's so awesome that this thread popped up. I have my afro-puffs marinating in it under two baggies right now. This oil makes my hair melt instantly, even when it's dry. And it's light and I actually like the scent- though I can't really describe it.

I bought this last night from a Indian Grocer here in Miami. The smell is quite pungent! I put a little on my hair last night and hoped that the smell would not offend my husband. My hair did feel soft this morning, but I plan on using this as a prepoo because I don't think I can take the smell on a daily basis. I am looking forward to see the results after I wash my hair this weekend.

Kayluv said:
I bought this last night from a Indian Grocer here in Miami. The smell is quite pungent! I put a little on my hair last night and hoped that the smell would not offend my husband. My hair did feel soft this morning, but I plan on using this as a prepoo because I don't think I can take the smell on a daily basis. I am looking forward to see the results after I wash my hair this weekend.

I'm going to Miami this week...are there any Indian stores in South Beach or surrounding areas?

Nice & Wavy said:
I'm going to Miami this week...are there any Indian stores in South Beach or surrounding areas?

I found it at a local store in West Kendall located at 137th Avenue and 84th Street.

Back