Vatika Oil-I Think I Accidently Stumbled on Something!

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
I wonder how much it really matters if you use some slightly expired Vatika Oil. I can't seem to find an expiration date on mine, but it works so well. It really makes my hair soft.

LocksOfLuV

malachi74 said:
How soon do you think it will be before the vendors start hiking up the price? I love this stuff; i got my first bottle on eBay about a month ago for $10 incl shipping. At the time I thought that was a good deal 'til y'all started saying you found it at the local Indain grocer for 3-4 bucks! I'm going to check out the store in my area tomorrow to stock up before too many of my LHCF sisters have walked up in those stores and the owners catch wind of their possible gold mind!

As long as we don't go writing them and telling them our sob stories we should be cool.

Once companies feel the demand is up they capitalize off of that. In other words, we should keep our mouths SHUT.:lol:

yourleoqueen

LocksOfLuV said:
As long as we don't go writing them and telling them our sob stories we should be cool.

Once companies feel the demand is up they capitalize off of that. In other words, we should keep our mouths SHUT.:lol:
But you know we can't! It's gone bring back somebodies kitchen or hairline and the gon start writing testemonials and praising Shiva an Vishnu an nem, next thing you know, $10 a bottle! :lachen:

Next time I go into the city, I'm probably gonna get 10 or 12 bottles fo' the long-haired cat jumps outta the bag! LOL

LocksOfLuV

yourleoqueen said:
But you know we can't! It's gone bring back somebodies kitchen or hairline and the gon start writing testemonials and praising Shiva an Vishnu an nem, next thing you know, $10 a bottle! :lachen:

Next time I go into the city, I'm probably gonna get 10 or 12 bottles fo' the long-haired cat jumps outta the bag! LOL

I know that's right!:lachen: I love us, and we are so sweet but dang, if you don't want the price to increase keep your testimonials amongst us. Vinavash don't care how much ur hair is growing. He is thinking about his pockets just like any entrepenuer should be doing.:lachen: There really is no point in telling them how much you like a product. They will continue/discontinue it at their own will regardless.

The Girl

alundra said:
I wonder how much it really matters if you use some slightly expired Vatika Oil. I can't seem to find an expiration date on mine, but it works so well. It really makes my hair soft.
You know? I wonder how long you can keep it or if there is a way to preserve it longer...like freeze it or put it in the back of the closet (cool, dark place)? I am so serious:look:

luvlonghair

Thanks ladies for all of your reviews. I've purchased Vatika and Amla oil tonight and can't wait to see results. The price was great too! Vatika 10.14oz for $3.49 and Amla 16.9 oz for 3.99.:grin:

ETA: I used the Amla as a prepoo on my scalp and applied Vatika to the ends. I also applied some Vatika oil to my hair to rollerset my hair. These are definitely a keeper. My hair is so soft and shiny. It also minimized my shedding by 90%:grin: :grin: :grin:

Last edited:

la flaca

yourleoqueen said:

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: I know, we can't help it!

iCandey

I got mine today and really do not mind the smell at all...smells mostly like coconut oil and lemon.... I will use this everyday and see what type of results I get....I had been using BT but my skin doesnt seem to like sulfur- I have bumps everywhere-. I will report back but so far so good. Paid about $3 something for it and I am still within the 24 month expiration date....

yourleoqueen

luvlonghair said:
Thanks ladies for all of your reviews. I've purchased Vatika and Amla oil tonight and can't wait to see results. The price was great too! Vatika 10.14oz for $3.49 and Amla 16.9 oz for 3.99.:grin:

ETA: I used the Amla as a prepoo on my scalp and applied Vatika to the ends. I also applied some Vatika oil to my hair to rollerset my hair. These are definitely a keeper. My hair is so soft and shiny. It also minimized my shedding by 90%:grin: :grin: :grin:
That's a good price for the Amla, I paid $4.99 for 12 ozs. Did you find this locally or on-line?

Last edited:

alundra

Addicted to jdramas
JustMeSteph said:
You know? I wonder how long you can keep it or if there is a way to preserve it longer...like freeze it or put it in the back of the closet (cool, dark place)? I am so serious:look:

LOL! That's a good question. Like you're not supposed to put olive oil in direct light or something, it makes it expire quicker if you do?

The Girl

alundra said:
LOL! That's a good question. Like you're not supposed to put olive oil in direct light or something, it makes it expire quicker if you do?
right bc I just bought 2 more bottles and I want to continue if there is a chance it may go up in price..BUT I don't want it to spoil...:ohwell:

luvlonghair

yourleoqueen said:
That's a good price for the Amla, I paid $4.99 for 12 ozs. Did you find this locally or on-line?

Luckily, I was able to find it locally. I also purchased the Shikakai powder for 1.99, but I want to try the soap bar instead. I'm pretty sure I can only find this online:look:

Guapa1

I went to India this week for work and found it in the shop for about $1.50

It was hilarious because they were looking at me like 'What you know 'bout vatika?' That was after they understood what I was trying to say.

Me: Va-tika oil
Them ??
Me: Wa-tika
T: ????
M: Wat-ika?
T:???????
M (suddenly remembering As are pronounced like Us in India): bu-t-ika

T: Oh here is it... LOL

*EDIT* I love the smell, smells like cocnut drops. I've rubbed a little into my braids and my hair just drank it all up.

Last edited:

Blaque*Angel

:)
hondahoney007 said:
I'm going to have to try this. Is it scented?[/quote]

Smells like coconut to me:)
pleasant smell. Been using it for about 2 years, It definetly helps with thickness and gives you a nice shine.

hondahoney007

Blaque*Angel said:
:)
hondahoney007 said:
I'm going to have to try this. Is it scented?[/quote]

Smells like coconut to me:)
pleasant smell. Been using it for about 2 years, It definetly helps with thickness and gives you a nice shine.

I just recently received my bottle. I've only used it for a couple days. I will see how this does for my hair. It doesn't smell bad.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I have been using this and it just maybe replacing my Jojoba oil, I love the consistency not runny or super thick and sticky. The smell is okay not bad but I love how my hair feels :love::love:

stacy

I just took out my old bottle of Vatika so that I can use up some of the stuff in my bathroom closet. I applied it to my scalp on Sunday and my head has major itchies today! I hope that's good! I have three more weeks until I am at ten weeks and touchup time. I need all the help I can get.

Blackoutzangel05

I love my Vatika oil and will be ordering some more when mine is about 1/2 way gone, which should be soon. I use in my DC mix, in my henna mixture and to seal my ends daily. I only use a drop daily so that doesn't give me a very strong smell. However, it does cover up the smell of BT.

The Girl

I just went to pick up some more and lo snd behold the price has gone up. It was low $3.00 when I first bought it. Now, it was selling for 4.99! Ok time to stock up before its $10.00 a bottle!...leaves to search the online sellers

mochamadness

Going the Distance
This is one of my new favorite oils. I've been using it off and on since May and I can't believe how soft my hair feels after using it esp. since my hair isn't too fond of coconut oil.

God's Anointed

I have a full bottle at home and i just used this yesterday after i deep conditioned my hair. All i did was rinse the deep conditioner in the shower, applied vatika for a few minutes and then rinsed. I love that my hair finally is able to hold moisture for once. It felt good this morning after my hair completely dried. I think i will be purchasing a bigger bottle next time!

~*~ShopAholic~*~

MochaSilk

I just went to pick up some more and lo snd behold the price has gone up. It was low $3.00 when I first bought it. Now, it was selling for 4.99! Ok time to stock up before its $10.00 a bottle!...leaves to search the online sellers

What size bottle? The little one, or the larger one that comes with the brush? The larger one here is $5.49.

I'm afraid of that price hike as well. I'll be buying a few bottles next visit.

MrsHouston