Vatika Oil?

Sarahdais

Does it have an odor to it? I bought a bottle yesterday and it smells awful. I'm just wondering is this normal or is the oil old and rancid? Thanks

it's not a sweet smell... mine is more of a medium herbally scent. my hair loves the oil to say the least so I just deal with the smell.

I bought a couple of bottles last week. The smell reminds me of coconut oil shampoo that my mom shampooed us with many moons ago. I love the smell. :grin:

lol, yes that is the scent :grin: It's a bit strong if you aren't used to the herbally coconutty smell all at once! When I first opened up a bottle the scent reminded me of dax mixed with coconut oil :(

The smell is a little weird at first but I LOVE it now. I use it with Cantu Shea Butter sometimes and the 2 combine to make a nice fragrance

Thanks for the replies! I actually like the smell of coconuts but the Vatika Oil I bought smells nothing like coconuts.

Is there an exp. date on the bottle anywhere? Thanks again!

If you bought the dabur one it should have a date of manufacture and it runs out 2 years after that!

I love the smell of my vatika oil, but I also like the smell of amla so I'm a bit strange!:yep:

I really like the smell of Vatika Oil by Dabur! It has a wonderful coconut smell that is very light. :love: Maybe you got a bottle that was somewhat old? I bought a 12 pack from Amazon.com and opened all the bottles just to make sure the smell was consistant........they all smell like fresh coconut. I also like the smell of Dabur Amla oil which most people dont!!!!!:look:

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies! I actually like the smell of coconuts but the Vatika Oil I bought smells nothing like coconuts.

Is there an exp. date on the bottle anywhere? Thanks again!

I have noticed that a lot of the Indian stores have expired products, the first thing I look at is the expiration date, I have seen them 2-3 years old, if the store is not that busy they keep the products for years and still will sale them.

If you bought the dabur one it should have a date of manufacture and it runs out 2 years after that!

I love the smell of my vatika oil, but I also like the smell of amla so I'm a bit strange!:yep:

Yes, I have Dabur Vatika Oil. I will check the exp. date when I get home. I also bought my Amla Oil from the same store. That doesn't smell so bad though.

I know what smell you mean! Its really, in my opinion, a very pungent coconut smell that in my bottle is very strong. Not bad smelling just really strong. Its still very good so no worries there! I do think that because it is a naturally-derived product, no scent will be exactly alike because of this which doesn't go so much the same for heavily chemical-based products so no fears- I think its just fine and if you have any worries- just patch test it and see if you're okay.... thats the surest way to be sure!

Does it have an odor to it? I bought a bottle yesterday and it smells awful. I'm just wondering is this normal or is the oil old and rancid? Thanks

I am with you on that one. I have been using it for about 3 weeks and I dont like the smell. It is too greasy for me, even when I use a little bit. I decided that I will just use for hot oil treatment. I am so glad I got the little bottle and not the big one. My hair does not seem to like it, but my natural roots do. I love the Amla oil, but not to crazy about the smell of it, but my hair loves it and I notice a big difference in my hair if I dont use it like every 3 days or so.

Last edited:
Back