Very quick update - closer to MBL - pics!

Sorry for the delay ladies!

Here's my reggie in a nutshell:

• Cowash every 2 - 4 days in the summer.
    smilieshower.gif
    I can't use the cheapies like V05, they dry out my hair. I use moderately priced cons that I find on sale, like Redken All Soft. Then I leave in a full strength conditioner and seal with oil. I wait until after Christmas and get the cpnditioners for up to 75% off. Last Christmas I got a full size poo and con set with a trial size of leave in for only $10. :)
  • Wet bun or protective style. Pretty much all last year I wet bunned. It was quick, easy, and effective. This year I got bored with the wet bun and am experimenting with other PS's. :yawn:
  • Stretch my relaxer. It's essential since I'm double processed. In 2008 I relaxed 4 times and colored 2 or 3. In 2009, I will only relax 3 times and color 3 times. I learned the hard way, too many chemicals will cause my hair to snap right off. :couchfire: I have had Aveda highlights, but my stylist moved to a non-Aveda salon so she will start using Matrix brand color on my hair.
  • Get trims at each touch up. Again, a necessity for my double processed hair.
  • Very low heat. Probably in 2008 I used heat 10 or so times, only when I got my touch up and more towards the end of the year when I was stretching like crazy. Now that I am going longer, up to 5 months at a time, after month 3 I will blow out or flat iron my roots only when the tangles get thick. :afro:
  • Tie it up at night. I use either a satin cap or a satiny scarf every night, no exceptions. :sleep2:
  • I'm not very regular with my DCing, but when I remember to do them, especially with heat, I get great results. :up:
HTH!

Beautiful hair and color! You are indeed the Queen of color :lachen:

LOL, thanks! :blush3:

Congrats on your progress, you deserve it! You've put in a lot of work on your hair and it's showing! I know that your 52 weeks of protective styles helped a lot of ladies too (including me when I was relaxed)!

Awesome! I reallly wish I could have kept that thread up. :(

I'm trying to figure out what I'm more impressed with--your length or the fact that you can keep your hair that healthy with a double process (relaxer and color). If I tried that on my hair my hair would be like :rolleyes: :hardslap:!
It's challenging and requires sacrifice. :yep: My hair has taken off with the stretching, low heat, bunning, etc. It definitely doesn't look like this 24/7. :giggle:

I am so proud of you!!! Im with tee you will be there before december girl!!! Congrats!!!! Double process in the house!!!!

True, true! :grin: :cool:

Beautiful. What is your reggie? Especially with color treated hair. I love color and once I reach my goal, I would like to treat myself to it. Any advice would be appreciated.
:feedback:

I posted it above. :yep:

Your hair is so pretty and so are you!

Your hair is beautiful and as soon as I reach my goal I want to go blonde again. How much of your hair is highlighted? Is it like from the ear up? I love the 2 tone look!

My hairdresser calls in "partial highlights". I believe it's ear up, maybe 1/3 of my hair. :yep: This way the uncolored hair can retain its thickness. The blonde part is slightly thinner but not noticeably so.

WOW.. your hair is soo GOREGOUS! you are one of my hair idols.. love the colore

Aww, thanks! :blush3:

Very pretty, do you have a fotki?

Sorry, no fotki. I've been thinking about doing an album on my fb page, so if you want to PM your name I can add you as a friend.

WOW, your hair is so thick and healthy. Great job and I love the color. You should be MBL by the end of summer even though it looks like you are already there. I see stretching relaxers is really beneficial in obtaining good health and length.

Stretching rocks! :yep: Both for relaxing and coloring. :yep:

Butterfly- u are just too fly. You got the hair, makeup and nail game on lock. Your hair looks much healthier and fuller compared to the first pic. Beautiful hair.

Thank you CG! :blush3: I hate that I've been so busy that I haven't been in the Nail Fanatics thread. :( I'm down to polishing once a week now. :(

BEAUTIFUL HAIR! And you're a Florida girl :grin: :yay:

Florida in the house! :cool:

Yay! You are such an inspiration, especially since you mentioned in previous posts that it took forever to get to BSL. Now it seems like it's growing like a weed!

I've been hovering at BSL for 8 months now, so you give me inspiration to stick with the reggie and see what happens.

It'll break for you. I think sometimes we hit a snag and then all of a sudden it takes off. Exercising was a great boost for my hair. :yep:

Awesome! You were one of the first people I idolized on LHCF, especially considering you color as well.

Glad for your success.

Oh wow! how did I miss your update........:look:

I'm loving your hair. Awesome progress, lovely color and :lick: length........lol

Congrats!!! :yep:

Thank you, I don't think so. It's hard to tell today because I'm wearing a strapless bra that sits real low. I'll be able to tell better tomorrow. :lachen:

Just Beautiful - Still looks like you've reached MBL - Just Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing! Now I'm inspired even more to reach MBL!:yep:

Sorry for the delay ladies!

Here's my reggie in a nutshell:

• I'm not very regular with my DCing, but when I remember to do them, especially with heat, I get great results. :up:
HTH!

I am amazed that you are able to maintain healthy, double processed hair without DCing. :blush: Most stylists swear that it's essential if you wear hair color.

You also mentioned that you are switching to a new color line, and I've heard great things about it. :yep:

I am amazed that you are able to maintain healthy, double processed hair without DCing. :blush: Most stylists swear that it's essential if you wear hair color.

You also mentioned that you are switching to a new color line, and I've heard great things about it. :yep:

I think it's because I cw regularly and leave in full strength conditioner each time. So I'm probably indirectly DCing. :look:

Wow, I missed your update. Your hair is so beautiful.

I have a question about how you wet bunned for the entire year. Was it only wet on the days you co-washed the 3-4 times a week, then dry on the alternating day? At night, did you take the bun down under your bonnet/scarf? What products worked best for your new growth when bunning?
Thanks!

Wow, I missed your update. Your hair is so beautiful.

I have a question about how you wet bunned for the entire year. Was it only wet on the days you co-washed the 3-4 times a week, then dry on the alternating day? At night, did you take the bun down under your bonnet/scarf? What products worked best for your new growth when bunning?
Thanks!

I cowashed about 4 - 5x a week, especially after I exercised. The bottom of my hair (the part that was wrapped in the bun) never dried all the way. I would take it down and pin it back up loosely at night.

My staple product is Redken Butter Treat. :lick: It has a lot of cones but something about that product makes my hair feel like, well butter. :look: I am out at the moment and hadn't repurchased because I'm really trying to use up my stash first, or drastically reduce it. :perplexed

For my new growth I use full strength conditioner. VS So Sexy nourishing mixed with water in a spray bottle was nice. Sometimes I'd use scurl, but the BIGGEST tip is to find a long thin silky scarf and tie the roots down at night. This gave me flat waves, especially nice when I was 15 weeks post with a mini afro!!!!

I know it's been asked previously, but are u sure u aren't already MBL? Looks like it to me....

Beautiful hair!!! Beautiful woman!!!

cj

Back