Virgin Hair Fertilizer Cream

dreamgurl

This product is from Africa and is supposed to be a miracle hair growth cream. I was talking with a guy from Nigeria who along with his wife owns a Beauty Supply store and he says they can't keep the stuff in stock. Even caucasians purchase this product. He says they are the only ones who sell it in the area (I guess to let me know the Koreans can't sell it) maybe because of their African connections.

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of this product and has tried it. I'm also told that Africans created this product because of the frequent braiding and how the process can damage the hair follicles, but they recommend this product to bring the hair back.

Here is a link to the picture of the product: http://www.africanbraids.biz/

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
I have tried it and I don't like it. It's just so greasy but my mother likes it. It looks like her hair is improving a lot. The stuff was on my forehead within minutes. Grease doesn't weigh my hair that much but then again I have hair that absorbs water like it is going out of style. It contains lanolin and that stuff breaks me out. The price they are charging is ridiculous but I can't knock the hustle. In another group, this one person loves it. She even bought the mercy cream. My mom is traveling overseas and I asked her to pick it up for me so I can try it.

yokourt

I found this on in bay in two sizes one is $5.99 the other $9.99 plus Shipping $4.95.

http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/e7/64/30_1_b.JPG

I've never heard of it before, but this is what it says:

Virgin Hair Fertilizer
Hair Conditioning Cream

Anti Dandruff and hair conditioning

cream for rapid hair growth

Directions:
Apply Virgin Hair Fertilizer into hair and scalp daily, comb it as desired.
It also maintains perm and pressed hair.
Conditions broken and dry hair.

Ingredients;
Herbal Extract, Petroleum Jelly, Peppermint Oil, Sulphur Lanolin and Fragrance

Brand New Genuine Product
Made in Germany
5.3 fl. oz (150g)

dreamgurl

Champagne_Wishes...so this is more like a grease and not a cream? Hmmm...I thought maybe since it was in a tube and the site referred to this product as a cream...I assumed it would have a creamy consistency. As for the product running down your forehead...could you have used too much? I usually think when something is in a tube...they only want you to use a little bit. By the way, what is this mercy cream?

yokourt...the ingredient listing seems so easy to concoct at home...hmmm...I wonder what the Herbal Extract consists of.

plzgrow

This stuff is not all its cracked up to be. My little sister decided to use it in her hair and it became real damaged an clogged her pores. I was told by a female in a bss near my home this product is best used on natural hair for better results. It weigh the hair down, it has a strong odor, it can really break you out if you have sensative facial skin. ;)

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
this stuff is super thick its like grease in a toothpaste tube.
do yourself a favor and get some herbal sulfer8 or any other sulfer grease
and put a few drops of peppermint oil.
you will save on shipping and handling and you wont have to wait

recherche

Gimmie, Gimmie, MORE!
msportugal said:

You took the words right out of my mouth once I saw the ingredients. lol

tryn2growmyhair

yokourt said:
I found this on in bay in two sizes one is $5.99 the other $9.99 plus Shipping $4.95.

http://i11.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/e7/64/30_1_b.JPG

I've never heard of it before, but this is what it says:

Virgin Hair Fertilizer
Hair Conditioning Cream

Anti Dandruff and hair conditioning

cream for rapid hair growth

Directions:
Apply Virgin Hair Fertilizer into hair and scalp daily, comb it as desired.
It also maintains perm and pressed hair.
Conditions broken and dry hair.

Ingredients;
Herbal Extract, Petroleum Jelly, Peppermint Oil, Sulphur Lanolin and Fragrance

Brand New Genuine Product
Made in Germany
5.3 fl. oz (150g)

Thanks for telling us the ingredients. I would NEVER apply petroleum jelly directly on my scalp. I would also be interested in knowing what is in this so-called "herbal extract." My guess is that there is nothing in this that we could not make ourselves.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
dreamgurl said:
Champagne_Wishes...so this is more like a grease and not a cream? Hmmm...I thought maybe since it was in a tube and the site referred to this product as a cream...I assumed it would have a creamy consistency. As for the product running down your forehead...could you have used too much? I usually think when something is in a tube...they only want you to use a little bit. By the way, what is this mercy cream?

yokourt...the ingredient listing seems so easy to concoct at home...hmmm...I wonder what the Herbal Extract consists of.

Oh yeah. Main ingredient is petroleum. Then there is lanolin, peppermint oil, sulfur, and herbal extracts. It was just too much for me. But there are some followers of this product.

bajanplums1

I agree. My mom brought this to me last week, she got it from her braider. I looked at it and was like HELL NA, I do use grease, but I stick with B&B super gro. She's not using it either--i just looks like petroleum--at least with B&B I have used it for years & trust it.

beawo

I have used it. I started a thread on this on another forum. It is the best. My whole family is now hooked on it thanks to me. It does work. I was sceptical when I purchased because I had not used any grease on my scalp for about 3 years since coming to the site. My hair has thrived quiet well with it. Its quite light not too heavy and melts when you put it on your hand. I don't like any other product but this one. I have tried WGHO and when I finish my two bottles won't be purchasing it again. I have tried every fad product I could get my hands on and nothing works for me as well as Virgin. I don't have anymore dandruff thanks to this cream (My scalp used to be covered in dandruff but since using this cream I have not had any more dandruff).

Jas123

The Star of a Story
msportugal said:
Exactly....basically this is old news as far as the ingredients..ladies on this thread already hip to the sulphur..I.E. mtg/homemade mtg/sulfer8

reckgnyze

Well i have been using it for some weeks almost a month now and it has gotten my hair to grow a bit so I don't see whats the problem with.

naturaline

iv used it! nahhh its not good at all... my scalp was on fire! and its too thick really clogged up my scalp. i payed about £5 for it!!! that lik $9 or summat!

hope i dont sound like im tellin you want to do (dont buy it lol) BUT try it if u want lolol

I its all luv.

naturaline

reckgnyze said:
Well i have been using it for some weeks almost a month now and it has gotten my hair to grow a bit so I don't see whats the problem with.
thats cool! whats dont work for some, works for others.

xx

LizLeila

It is so funny this came up. When I went on vacation, the woman who braided my hair swore by it, so I bought some. For my braids, it was really great with cutting down on the itching and helped relieve the initial tightness of the braids. Since I have gone back to wearing my hair down, I practically forgot I had this stuff. I may give it a try. It is important not to use too much because it can get gunky (if that is a word). It does have a strong smell, but mostly reminded me peppermint. It is nowhere as stinky as MTG or even WHGO, IMO.

I agree with the posters who said that you shouldnt ship out for this stuff.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

my dominican stylist just recommended this product to me..she says it works really fast to produce thick, long hair...she sells it for $15....i'd like to try it, her hair is awesome, ofcourse, and i need something to regrow my strands like, tomorrow....

Last edited:

yuriko

I am from Nigeria, and everyone back home in my country swears by this. It has a combination of natural herbs in it. I dont know if there is any scientific proof that it works, but I have seen my mother's hair, several of my friends hair grow and get thicker on it. I only used it when I had braids. But never really thought to use it my self, since I was happy with the thickness of my hair. I never had a problem using ointments that contain petroleum jelly or lanonlin, my advice is to put just a little. You are actually supposed to apply sparingly, dont drench your scalp with it

Blaque*Angel

i used to use this in 2005/2006 when i used to visit a Nigerian braider, i loved the tingly scalp sensation and that the too tight braids loosened up quickly (fast growth?)

a little goes a loooooooong way