virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei

I noticed the ads running were abobe flash players and cant be adblocked.

thats why I specified Adblock Plus and the filter. That does block adobe flash ads :) using the filterset.g updater filter also works to block flash ads as well :yep:

Currently running ad free

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Glad it's fixed. I Twittered and emailed Beverly when I got the message from my Macbook.

I almost had a fit because LHCF is my connection to all that matters to me! :lachen:

Bnster

Uhm I didn't get a warning, hum is this good or not - I use Norton? Is this virus fix? I came on just before lunch.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
It shouldn't be an issue any more ladies. I believe I found where the problem was and rectified it. I also blocked that malware site so that you won't see it again.

In the future, please keep on doing what you are doing - i.e. reporting this as soon as you can with as much data as you can (screenshots, what you were doing, thread name etc.) This makes it easier for us to find where the problem lies.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeaLady

I'm so glad you were able to fix it. I never got a warning but did a scan anyway and I had 4 trojans.

Amber_moon

add me to the list as well I got it this am too...

People really need to be more careful about what they click on and pass on....

tecourt

This virus infected my new computer this morning. I have McAfee, I clicked off the site but my computer was still infected. I am posting from my phone,I no longer trust this site. I wish that the subscribers had been informed about the previous issues with viruses and malware on this site. When other posters bought up the issue of viruses on this site, they were told that everything was checked and clear of any problems. I have just invested in a new computer, so I can not risk losing my money.

dimopoulos

Crazy Greek
Staff member
This virus infected my new computer this morning. I have McAfee, I clicked off the site but my computer was still infected. I am posting from my phone,I no longer trust this site. I wish that the subscribers had been informed about the previous issues with viruses and malware on this site. When other posters bought up the issue of viruses on this site, they were told that everything was checked and clear of any problems. I have just invested in a new computer, so I can not risk losing my money.

So that we are clear on this: This site, does not have any viruses and never had any nor it will. The virus you are talking about is something you got from a different site and not ours.

How am I so sure? We run daily scans for viruses. We run daily scans for malware. We never had any warnings or infections. We also have Google checking our site on a daily basis for malware (Google Webmaster Tools) and they have not reported anything whatsoever.

What people experienced was a WARNING! It does not mean that the site was infected. If you carefully read the first post of this topic that contains the warning message it says that longhaircareforum.com contains elements from xyz.com site. That in itself says it all. We (LHCF) do not have anything but the other site does.

If you no longer trust the site that is your opinion and prerogative. I would appreciate it though that in the future, if you post something, to post facts and not opinion based on wrongly assumed facts.

Frankly I am sick and tired of being misquoted and people assuming whatever they want without reading what I type. I know I am not a native English speaker but I trust my English is precise.

From now on if I ever see anyone misquoting what I type, especially issues regarding the site and its maintenance, the individual will no longer be a part of this forum. I am wasting a ton of time trying to reiterate again and again what I type and what is crystal clear.

If you have questions, please ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.