Vitamins You Took for Hair but Also Cleared Up your SKIN?

Lady Esquire

Hey ladies.
I have recently started my vitamin regimen. It has only been about two weeks. I read that you have to take them for about two months before seeing results. Anyway, the passed year for the first time in my adulthood, my skin has gone haywire. Pimples..big ones that hurt. I am nursing my face back to health but some of them have scarred and so I need to work on getting my even clear skin back.

After reading about vits, I am now taking:
Advanced Ferochel (Iron) for my anemia.
Derma-Vits for Hair, Skin, and Nails(NOW brand) .
Hi-Potency B-Complex (Natural Factors brand).
MSM (Doctor's Best brand).

Anything I missed? I am thinking about adding B-5 and Biotin also. What have you taken for hair, that has cleared up your face also?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I can't really pinpoint exactly what's helping me besides drinking a ton of water daily, but I'm taking three supplements that I think may be making my skin absolutely beautiful, shiny and glowing. I take MSM, Biotin and B-50 Complex. I'm convinced that these three supplements alone have totally cleared my skin and has made it look different...glowing...like I'm preggers!:lol: :lol:

deontaer

MSM is what helped my skin. I stopped taking it on a regular basis a month ago and I started breaking out again, so this definately helps alot.

adw425

Flaxseed oil...About three years ago when I was transitioning and having a bad time with it because my hair was so dry and coarse, a colleague told me that a friend of hers was advised to take flaxseed oil to soften up the new growth. She told me that I had to take more than just one or two softgels a day, so I took two three times a day. My face cleared up within five days; the arthritis in my thumb went away and other good things. Now, I take a flax-borage-fish oil supplement instead of just the flaxseed alone.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Thanks :). I take about 2 tsp. of the oil, not the softgels. I found the oil to be more potent because with the softgels you have to take so many just to equal a small amount of the oil.

SvelteVelvet

When I only took a HSN combo, NAC and my multi, my skin was clear and glowing. I didn't get skin problems until I added the B's Biotin and B-Complex.

dany06

Who would think that $5 Dollar General Hair, Skin, and nail vits would clear and soften my skin, crow my nails to past over an inch and a half and my scalp producing it own moisture. I tried it for about a month and it was great. I ran out of it and was too lazy to get some more and I went down hill from there. My nails kept breaking, those painfull under skin pimple that no one sees came back, and my scalp was once more dry. I've started back using another brand that I got from walmart, but it powerful "good" effects haven't kicked in as quick as the ones from the DG brand.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
SvelteVelvet said:
When I only took a HSN combo, NAC and my multi, my skin was clear and glowing. I didn't get skin problems until I added the B's Biotin and B-Complex.

The thing with Biotin and B-Complex, MSM, etc. is that you must drink plenty of water. I never broke out with any of these...not even in the beginning. Your body has different ways of detoxing. Drinking water helps to detox and also to help the nutritional properties get going throughout the system.

For the ladies who speak highly of flaxseed oil, I definitely co-sign with that. I drink two tablespoons almost daily after meals, but I'm not consistent. I've been very consistent with the B's and MSM and that's why I contribute my skin success to those. But flaxseed is so wonderful for your body anyway. I would take the liquid form rather than the capsules as well. I hate taking pills.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
scarcity21 said:
what does the flaxseed oil taste like?
It tastes like nothing I've ever tasted before so I can't explain it. It's dosen't taste good but it's not horrible either. I just toss it to the back of my throat and swallow it followed by some juice. It's not bad.

RubyWoo

scarcity21 said:
what does the flaxseed oil taste like?

It's hard to say; the taste isn't all that pleasant. I usually mix it with my salad dressing or my protein shake.

Kalani

When I started taking MSM I noticed that my skin cleared up. When I stopped taking it the breakouts started again so it definitely was the factor behind my suddenly clear skin. It also could be that I drink tons of water when I'm on MSM.

ms jadu

The Woman's Oil (Barleans)
Liquid Chlorophyll- purified my blood, cleared my skin, and changed the perspiration of my body (Nature's Sunshine)

scarcity21

Pokahontas said:
It tastes like nothing I've ever tasted before so I can't explain it. It's dosen't taste good but it's not horrible either. I just toss it to the back of my throat and swallow it followed by some juice. It's not bad.
thanks...i just bought the capsules..but maybe ill give the oil a try when my pills are gone!

BeetleBug

You know what grass smells like, flaxseed oil tastes like the smell. But I chase it down with a strong tasting juice like grape or cranberry.

Lady Esquire

I was just reading about the benefits of flaxseed oil, works against high cholesterol, acne, and even menstrual cramps. However, I also read that I should take precaution and purchase it from vendors who certify their product from being mercury-free. Where do you guys buy your flaxseed oil? Also, are any of you taking the pills?

meaganita

I never had problems with my skin until I started taking supps. At first the B&C complex I was taking helped, but when I upped my dosage of biotin my skin started acting up again. I just purchased some C-1000 and hope that helps. I also plan on getting some B-100 when my b-complex runs out. But when the supps were workin' they were workin'! My skin was sooo soft and smooth. It's that doggone biotin that's messing me up.:ohwell: