Viviscal...does it work?

tt8

I was thinking about incorporating a new weapon into my vits routine so I can speed up this hair growth. I know Viviscal is expensive but has anyone gotten their money's worth? Did you use the black or pink pack? Thanks in advance

So far I've used one whole black box..I'm on my second box. I should be done by the end of Dec.
I will re up for January and February's supply soon. So keep an eye on my fokti if u like. I will be updating March 08.

Ive been considering this too - have you seen an increase in your growth rate while using the first box?

If you can afford to use it for a year, buy it. You'll likely see results way before a year goes by but I suggest using it for at least that long.

I had great results when I used it. I'll buy some more sooner or later but right now I'm a broke law school student:sad:

I've used the Viviscal pills in the black box for a little over a year now, and it seems to help my fine hair. My hair seems stronger and it has a nice sheen to it. If my finances remian in order, Viviscal will be a staple in my hair care.

I have noticed that parts on my scalp that ususally don't get thicker growth, actually as been growing.
Like the middle part in the nape of my hair. I actually feel the bumpy ng in what one may call the Kitchen part.
I think that I have gotten 3/4 of an inch in some places and 1/2 inch in others.
This is good growth for me.
Yes, i plan to put a years worth of funds into the viviscal. It is very expensive, but since I cut out buying fake hair to do my weaves and i don't plan to pay for professional braids anymore it should be an even trade.

I've used the Viviscal pills in the black box for a little over a year now, and it seems to help my fine hair. My hair seems stronger and it has a nice sheen to it. If my finances remian in order, Viviscal will be a staple in my hair care.

Hi Newsgrl,
Besides helping you with thickness and strength, did you see a change in growth?

If you can afford to use it for a year, buy it. You'll likely see results way before a year goes by but I suggest using it for at least that long.

I had great results when I used it. I'll buy some more sooner or later but right now I'm a broke law school student:sad:

That makes me excited to try it. I went ahead and ordered a two month supply! I am gonna give a a shot and see. I want to be atleast APL by my birthday next year! I got 7 inches to go

I used viviscal and got great growth but I got twice as much with the Phyto vits. But I got better prices when I purchased viviscal.

Bought a 6 month supply- my hair "did" get thicker however I don't think the results were dramatic enough to justify the cost- I did take a 6-8 week break inbetween - I think my regimen and current vitamins are definitely helping for a lot cheaper:)

ETA: I used the one in the black box, I say try Sea Kelp first for 3 months...

Last edited:
i saw a quicker change in my nails and hair with kelp.
i tried the viviscal for 3 mths and there was no dramatic growth and i took it every day as instructed. i did ask the company about that and it takes longer than 3mths to see any noticable growth apparently it can take 6mths up to a year for some people. i guess i am in that bracket.
i used the black box and those things are expensive. kelp much more economical and the results appear alot sooner. but you should only take kelp 3 mths at a time and not if you're pregnant.

I've been using the black box for 6 months now, and have NOT noticed anything special.:ohwell: I have more 2 boxes to use up, but will not re-order.

Hi Newsgrl,
Besides helping you with thickness and strength, did you see a change in growth?

TT8, I did see a change in growth about 3 months after I started taking the pills. It seemed to grow a little faster than usual. And I think these pills help "save" my hair when I'm not so nice to it...using heat on occasion, etc.

It worked like a charm for my sister and I.:yep: I took viviscal last year for 3 months and got 4 inches of growth! I kid you not. It did not work for my mother, but it worked for me in very quickly. After 2 weeks my nails were growing like weeds after a month I could DEFINETELY see the growth. My hair grows fast anyway, but not like it does when I take viviscal. I'm thinking about taking it again, but I don't know, because I really like my hair at the length it at!

My eyebrows also grew super fast, and if you have dry skin it is a dream come true! Just plan on spending more for your relaxers more frequently, your eyebrows and trims.

I THINK the pink box was specially formulated for women or at least just marketed to women...black for men. not sure if the ingredients are any different tho.

Back