Vlogging vs Blogging

Anyone interested in getting more followers or monetizing their blog can check out this article: http://christianpf.com/how-to-make-money-with-a-blog/ I found it to be pretty helpful to me. I am just starting out, have only been up a few months but the advice I got from this article along with a few other places has definitely been good for me.

It may take some time to gather steam and get rolling, but keep at it if it is something you really want to do. I enjoy blogging, so it doesn't feel like I'm doing any work at all with it. I am learning as I go a getting a few followers at a time. Other bloggers and people have been very supportive of me which I really appreciate. Anything I learn as I go, I'll be happy to share with anybody else.

That article provides excellent information. Before I started I had to scour the web for that info and he has it all in one place.

If you're interested in blogging definitely bookmark that page.

OMG I have done so much stuff since this thread started. I need some sleep now and how that my numbers get back up and grow I got tired of trying to figure everything out so some stuff I just didn't do like the tags.

I've added and changed a few things around as well. Will be tracking to see if it has made a difference in SEO.

I tried wordpress before blogger and truthfully I prefer blogger. Especially since blogger has added a number of new features and I like to have everything integrated into a single profile. Blog, email, youtube, adsense, all through google.

I made a facebook page as well since more people use facebook over twitter. Now to promote!! (when I get around to it... :lol: )

I've added and changed a few things around as well. Will be tracking to see if it has made a difference in SEO.

I tried wordpress before blogger and truthfully I prefer blogger. Especially since blogger has added a number of new features and I like to have everything integrated into a single profile. Blog, email, youtube, adsense, all through google.

I made a facebook page as well since more people use facebook over twitter. Now to promote!! (when I get around to it... :lol: )

Marand13 I love blogger but when I brought the hosting it was telling me to download the wordpress.org and that is why I left wordpress in the first place because I didn't understand it. So now I need to find a great template and one that will allow me to have tabs

@BraunSugar you said it WEBDESIGNER you are the right person for when I decide if I can keep my other business open because I really need to find another host but the person that is hosting my site she is doing it for free but it is saying that joomla needs to be updated. But right now I can not sew so that is on the back burner.

oh I went with hostgator.com and I have unlimted also but right I only can do one domain and if I want to move my other site over I will upgrade and I paid up for the month. I got it for 5.56 per month.

I am familiar with both Joomla and Wordpress, and I like them both equally. You can even integrate a Wordpress blog into Joomla. I encourage people to use sites like this because they allow people to update their own information and keep their sites current. If you have any questions about anything you can send me a PM.

It depends on the individual. Afrobella, for example, is a blogger who has built her name into a brand. And whether you're a blogger or a vlogger you have to seek out business opportunities they don't just come to you.

ITA

i see both vloggers and bloggers get into it as a business. but i think you have to seek out business and build your numbers first.

there are some popular blogs that gained popularity and then reached a whole new audience by getting on you tube....that increased exposure and numbers and thus business increased

Man I can not believe that I was getting more views when I was on the free blogspot than I am on my own server. I don't know what to do because I was doing fb and twitter and google on blogspot. and I am doing the same on my self host. and they are suppose to sign me up for all the search engines.

Man I can not believe that I was getting more views when I was on the free blogspot than I am on my own server. I don't know what to do because I was doing fb and twitter and google on blogspot. and I am doing the same on my self host. and they are suppose to sign me up for all the search engines.

That will happen. I had a MAJOR drop when I migrated my blog. I had to hire someone to make sure that my stance in search engines re-linked.

For example, your traffic may have been coming from google searches. If someone is searching in google for a topic and happen to click on a link from your blog, that link that appears is probably the blogspot link or a broken link leading them to an error page.

I don't know if it has been already pointed out (didn't read the whole thread) its good to find a niche. There are so many hair blogs so how would yours be different? For example, I put together my love for "living within your means" and exercise, so I came up with the frugal exerciser. It's only two of us out there.

To get increase traffic to your blog become a guest blogger. Find a blog in your niche that has a lot of subscribers and approach them about guest blogging on their site. I just wrote an article last week and I'm going to ask 5 to 6 frugality and saving money blogs about hosting my article. I hope one bites.

Why am I just now seeing this thread? I cannot wait to read through all of the valuable information in it.

I have been blogging off and on since 2009, and have finally decided to be morre consistent and try to create a brand. I also have a youtube videos and have been having so much fun with making videos. I will be back to add my 2 cents after I read through this here thread...

Last edited:
That will happen. I had a MAJOR drop when I migrated my blog. I had to hire someone to make sure that my stance in search engines re-linked.

For example, your traffic may have been coming from google searches. If someone is searching in google for a topic and happen to click on a link from your blog, that link that appears is probably the blogspot link or a broken link leading them to an error page.

westNDNbeauty I really do not have any money to hire anyone at this time. I need to think real hard for someone I know that already does this work.

Shadiyah You inspired me. I just jumped in the water with you and am now hosting my own blog. It is just like starting over. Since my blogspot is free I just left it. One never knows. I learned so much form getting my own domain. I feel like I own my little piece of the web. I actually haven't had any traffic to the new site yet.

Anybody want to run over to my little space on the web and leave me a shout out, thanks in advance. wildhairedmavens.com

Shadiyah You inspired me. I just jumped in the water with you and am now hosting my own blog. It is just like starting over. Since my blogspot is free I just left it. One never knows. I learned so much form getting my own domain. I feel like I own my little piece of the web. I actually haven't had any traffic to the new site yet.

Anybody want to run over to my little space on the web and leave me a shout out, thanks in advance. wildhairedmavens.com

Seamonster that is great news. at the top of your first ad it looks like it is over laying something. you have to play around with it to make sure you get everything right but it looks great. I was so glad I can just import all my old post so it don't look like I just started this month, right.

Back