Vote for your favorite Flat Irons & Hair Straighteners?

Please vote for your favourite Flat Iron/ Hair Straighteners :

• FHI (please state model)

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Sedu (please state model)

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • CHI (please state model)

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • GHD (please state model)

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Babyliss (please state model)

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • GHD (please state model)

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Hair Tools (please state model)

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Other (Please state)

Votes: 18 32.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vintageglam

Okay I have been doing a lot of research on the board regarding flat Irons/ Hair strengtheners and my head is still spinning from all the choices, so I have decided to take it to a simple Poll.....

Thanks in advance ladies for your time ! :grin:

*CherryPie*

I have the FHI but my favorite is a flat iron I bought from eBay called Chloche. It is sooo much better than my FHI!

30something

I have a Solia, and absolutely love it.
http://www.folica.com/Solia_Tourmalin_d1558.html

The very first thing I notice about my Solia verses the iron I was using before, is that it had a smooth as ice-like surfaces. This makes it impossible to snag or pull hair. It also has self-adjusting plates which adjust the iron plates in the proper position while you are tilting or leaning the iron.

<--- Example of the iron plates tilting ->

Besides all that it leaves hair sleek/silky/shiny... all that good stuff. But of course with the help of Chi Silk infusion and my Dryers cool shot button (not even needed for amazing results). I can also tell verses my old iron that is not as damaging. When I touch my hair after a pass the heat doesn't linger as long, also I'm not left with that dry crispy feeling.

I'd love to leave with a picture .... I wont have a camera for another 2 weeks :wallbash:

JinaRicci

FHI platform special edition (1")

I've only used it twice but there is a huge difference from my ceramics tools iron:
1) no little pieces of hair in the sink
2) shine!
3) no pulling on my hair from the corners
4) one-pass straightening
5) no need for a curling iron- it does everything. This is huge for me b/c it means no curling iron burns.

Hope you find one that works for you.

Bachelorette

Great thread Stella

I was thinking of MaxiGlide but that seems to be more of a fan fav for naturals

Maybe FHI Runway?

Dommo

I have the FHI Platform special edition and I love it. I also have the sedu but its, blah. I use that on my weave hair only. I really want to get the FHI EPS though just because.

washize

Maxiglide is the best hair straightener I've ever had. It rained yesterday and my hair got wet, it was a little frizzy, and that's all. I've never had such amazing results.

PerryStreet

I love my iTech Wet-&-Dry Ceramic Tourmaline Flat Iron. My stylist reccommended this iron and Ive had it for 2 years now. My flat ironed hair is smooth, bouncy and shiny. I won't even think about switching brands ever.

ryanshope

I just got a Hana Elite for christmas, but the Sedu has been my fav for over 5 years now...we will see how the Hana does when I get home.

I have the Sedu regular 1 inch flat iron.

Vintageglam

Looks like the FHI & Sedu & other are out in the lead. To the ladies who have responded so far, thank you soooooooo much for your time and recs ! :thankyou: :flowers:

Keep em coming ladies.....

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I have a FHI Runway ♥♥

Too bad they are now discontinued..

mstar

Luxury bacon
Hana Elite solid ceramic.

I chose the Hana Elite over the FHI Runway because the Hana has a solid ceramic plate, and a large ceramic heater.

This is only my second flat iron, so I don't have much to compare it to, but I don't see how it could get any better than this. It leaves my hair so silky and shiny in one pass, and even gets the roots. The plates just glide through my hair. I feel more comfortable using heat knowing that this iron is 100% ceramic.

I've had the Babyliss titanium, FHI Platform, and the GHD used on my hair in salons, and I can feel the difference with this pure ceramic iron. It glides through much easier, and the heat doesn't feel as intense.

Bun Mistress

GHD for me. I use the aveda smooth infusion line and Moroccan oil for products Smooths my natural hair, detangles, and keeps it straight. I've heard relaxed people don't like this ling cause their curls drop.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I have a Sedu 1.5 inch, and I love it to death.

It makes my hair really soft and straight in one pass, even though I only use it on 240-280 degrees. And it's quite sessy looking.

I attached a comparison picture too. Half is air dried and the other half is Sedu'd.
The lighting is pretty bad, sorry. :perplexed

Attachments

• Half done.jpg
    Half done.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 29

Bachelorette

Uh Runway is discontinued?

I find it suspcious when irons are discontinued. usually means alot of problems/returns/recalls

beana

I have the original sedu and I am extremely pleased with it!!! I don't think i'll ever stray fom the Sedu.

seemegrow

I have the original CHI(non change temperature), FHI 207 RVI and a Solia. I like the Solia the best.

mstar

Luxury bacon
Uh Runway is discontinued?

I find it suspcious when irons are discontinued. usually means alot of problems/returns/recalls
People were having a lot of problems with the Runway; I think they had manufacturing issues, too.

That's one of the reasons I went with the Hana instead.

jamaica68

I have a Sedu 1.5 inch, and I love it to death.

It makes my hair really soft and straight in one pass, even though I only use it on 240-280 degrees. And it's quite sessy looking.

I attached a comparison picture too. Half is air dried and the other half is Sedu'd.
The lighting is pretty bad, sorry. :perplexed

I agree, I love my Sedu. I own a maxiglide but I've only used it once.

@ stellagirl76, I know how you feel about trying to decide on a flat iron, I couldn't decide after all my research which is why I have a Sedu and a Maxiglide.:lachen:

Vintageglam

Bumpity Bump..... thanks all you lovely ladies for the recs and unformation.... Keep em coming. I am hoping that this thread will be useful to all. I am sure I am not the only one who is in a quandry about which ones to buy :spinning:

:bump: :bump: :bump: