Wash and go and . . . then what?

Glib Gurl

For those of you who wear wash n go styles, what do you do the day *after* you wash and go? Do you wash your hair again? Keep the look for a few days? I'm a bit confused because I know for me the wash-n-go look would only be cute on that first day . . . afterwards, all bets are off!

Iansan

I usually condition wash and diffuse each morning. If don't have time for that, I spritz with water to reactivate the gel scrunch a little and go.

chellero

Wife Supremacist
I moisturize and whole head baggy at night to revive the curls or I moisturize my ends and make bantu knots so that it's got some curl the next day.

sareca

On cowash days (well actually nights) I french braid, put a scarf on for bed, unbraid, fluffy, and spray w/ eqyss in the morning.

Nights when I don't cowash I coat in my hair leave-in conditoner, loosely french braid my dry wng, saturate with eqyss, put a scarf over it for the night, unbraid, fluffy, spray again in the morning.

It's easy to repeat (non-cowash nights) for me because it's getting super wet before bed. HTH

Syrah

For those of you who wear wash n go styles, what do you do the day *after* you wash and go? Do you wash your hair again? Keep the look for a few days? I'm a bit confused because I know for me the wash-n-go look would only be cute on that first day . . . afterwards, all bets are off!

That's a good question...

Because I sleep like a wild child (i'm ALL over the place) and usually wake up with a "mohawk" - curly hair in the middle of my head, flat sides.

I use a little water (spray bottle) and some Organix Mango Curl Reconstructor (Leave In) and pull at my curls to reshape my head. Or sometimes I'll get in the shower and just let the steam reshape my curls (wake 'em up).

sunshinebeautiful

On cowash days (well actually nights) I french braid, put a scarf on for bed, unbraid, fluffy, and spray w/ eqyss in the morning.

Nights when I don't cowash I coat in my hair leave-in conditoner, loosely french braid my dry wng, saturate with eqyss, put a scarf over it for the night, unbraid, fluffy, spray again in the morning.

It's easy to repeat (non-cowash nights) for me because it's getting super wet before bed. HTH

I'm going to have to try braiding overnight.

neenzmj

If I'm going to wear my wash 'n go a second day, I typically just tie it up in a silk scarf and fluff it up the next morning. My curls stay so tight that I can wear them several days.

Leslie_C

My wash n go turns into a Wash n NO after the first day....so Ill either redo, pull it back in a ponytail or bun, or lightly dampen it and braid it in a few braids for a little while for a quick braid out.

I think mine dont last bc I have more of a kinky look than a curly look....I get curls in the back on the bottom but more crinkles everywhere else....so after I sleep on it, that style is over.

Bublin

I have been wondering this as well.

Alot of the advice i get is that washing and manipulating every day just isn't good for maintaining length.

This would mean the hair is permanently wet - and in the winter this isn't nice.

Is there anyone who wears their hair like this nearly all of the time and has maintained length? (my question is mainly aimed at naturals)

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I just redo. In the winter I still wash n go.:rolleyes: I'm hoping to have mastered twists by then, but if not, I'll have my braider do it for me.

Sweet_Ambrosia

I don’t redo my wash~n~go’s, I sorta tweak them. I put my hair in a low loose ponytail at night then I cover my hair with a satin bonnet, in the mornings I spritz my hair lightly with my moisture mix finger fluff a bit and go.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I redo my wng daily......to avoid leaving the house with a wet head I use my difuser. My wng lasts for one day only. :ohwell:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Is there anyone who wears their hair like this nearly all of the time and has maintained length? (my question is mainly aimed at naturals)

Hopefully I will be able to answer your question once I reach the end of my countdown ticker. If I'm not APL by then I'll have to change my regimen. :perplexed :wallbash: