Wash N Go's in the summer.

Bosslady1

For my break from the C&G challenge I was thinking about doing this.

For anyone who wears wash and go's:

What products do you use? Do you see great progress doing this? How much newgrowth did you gain? (was it a rapid or normal growth spurt)

Any suggestions are welcomed.

bLackButtaFly

I've never been a huge wash and goer. When I do I use either Miss jessies curly pudding, or fantasia ic gel, and cd's hair milk. They're fine if I just need go get going, and have wet hair, but I prefer a twist out or braidout, b/c it feels like my hair retains more moisture that way.
I know alot of naturals who do this in the beginning when their hair is shorter, but in term of retaining length I do wonder if doing more protective styling in the form of twist outs, and or braidouts etc aren't the way to go(they don't get as tangled for me making detangling eassier with less hair loss). Maybe another natural who often does wash and gos will have some better tips.:look: :ohwell:

BrownSkin2

bLackButtaFly said:
I've never been a huge wash and goer. When I do I use either Miss jessies curly pudding, or fantasia ic gel, and cd's hair milk. They're fine if I just need go get going, and have wet hair, but I prefer a twist out or braidout, b/c it feels like my hair retains more moisture that way.
I know alot of naturals who do this in the beginning when their hair is shorter, but in term of retaining length I do wonder if doing more protective styling in the form of twist outs, and or braidouts etc aren't the way to go(they don't get as tangled for me making detangling eassier with less hair loss). Maybe another natural who often does wash and gos will have some better tips.:look: :ohwell:

This is so true. I use to do wash n go alot in the beginning and would get a lot of tangles and knots. I do them occasionally, but not that much any more. I do prefer a braidout or twistout. It may be different for you though. I would co wash, let it dry a little, then apply my leave-in, a gel, then sta soft fro for softness all day.

jaiku

All I do is wash and go's. I use dove Moisturizing conditioner. I like creme of nature herba rich gel mixed with luster's short looks spray can't think of the exact name but the label is purple and green. I use a little eco style gel on my edges. This gives me good moisture and curl but alot of shrinkage. My hair is a little past armpit but it shinks to about the picture in my avatar.

Kari107

I like to do them when I need a break from rollersetting. I feel that when I do them I get a lot of tangles and shedding after, so I don't do them often. I just bought miss jessie's curly meriengue and I got lots of complements after I used it so I like it. It left my hair kinda dry so I have to add a moisturizer when I use it.