Washing Before A Touch-Up

moneychaser

How many days between washing and a relaxer do you recommend?
If I wash my hair today, can I get a relaxer on Saturday?

smile.gif
that should be fine. You are leaving at least 4 days in between. Just remember not to scratch your head or handle your scalp too roughly.

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
smile.gif
that should be fine. You are leaving at least 4 days in between. Just remember not to scratch your head or handle your scalp too roughly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto! I forgot about the scratching! You don't want to burn.
frown.gif

Thanks ladies... Would friday be pushing it??? that's 3 days
I'm a tuff girl, I can handle the burning, as long as I know it isn't damaging....
Do you think washing too soon will cause scabbing??

As I said before, I give myself at least three days. So if you want to do it Friday that should be fine. Don't wash your hair this evening though. You shouldn't burn either if you scalp is not irritated.

That may work also. Just try your best not to rub too hard or irritate your scalp in any way. Sounds like you have a tough scalp there!

Actually I have heard of some stylist washing their clients hair the same day as the relaxer. I would never do that though. Ouch!

I guess I could hold off till next week... Just to be on the safe side cause I planned on using that garlic shampoo on my scalp....

I'll wash my hair 2 days in advanced. It keeps me from itching. I base with WGO and have virtually no burning.
F.Y.I.
Burning is bad because it is a burn. You do damage the scalp and get sores. That should be avoided at all cost. You risk permanently damaging hair folicles.

Thank You, but I never burn with my stylist and she only takes a few to put my relaxer in, I will definately base!!

Denali!
My sister lives in D.C. but could not find a stylist. Do you recommend yours? Short relaxer time is a good start. Is she eating dinner and paying her bills while your there?
laugh.gif

Most manuals I've read said that you should have at least 48 hours pass after washing hair to get a relaxer. No heavy rubbing or scrubbing of the scalp.You should be fine.

[ QUOTE ]
CrownnGlori said:
Denali!
My sister lives in D.C. but could not find a stylist. Do you recommend yours? Short relaxer time is a good start. Is she eating dinner and paying her bills while your there?
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
Ms. Crown Glori, she is an excellent hair dresser. She gives me the flat-ironed look without any heat, just hooded dryer.
Her hair salon is named Healthy Hair Care. And she's definately into that... She use to work at Barry Fletcher's salon
Here's her profile
Rochelle_small.gif

Senior Hair Stylist:
Rochelle Foster
Avant Garde: 6 yrs.
Specialty: Maintain healthier hair of all lengths, Educating clients on home maintenance.
Comments: Trained under Barry Fletcher

(sorry to be off subject)

DSD I actually saw a hairdresser do this last week. I was like
nuts.gif
but the girl's hair was LOOONNNG past bra strap on her way to mid back I think she might be member here she had a braidout.

Back